Apple interested in buying Man United

Oranje

Apple are 'interested in buying Manchester United in £5.8BILLION deal'​

US tech giant Apple has joined the race to buy Manchester United, according to reports.

United confirmed the sensational news that the world's biggest football club is effectively for sale in a statement issued earlier this week.

With United now available, a report from the Daily Star has claimed that the world's largest tech company may be interested in acquiring the club for £5.8billion.

The California-based tech firm has never previously owned a major sports team, but the commercial opportunities provided by United are said to be a primary factor in their interest.

Any potential deal would almost certainly become the most costly acquisition of a football club in history, surpassing the £4.25billion fee a consortium led by Todd Boehly paid for Chelsea earlier this year.

One major issue facing whomever buys United is Old Trafford, the club's iconic stadium. The venue has long needed a revamp to compete with the biggest clubs around the world.

It is understood that rebuilding the stadium will cost approximately £1.5bn, making it the most expensive football ground in the world - ahead of Tottenham's new £1bn stadium.

Would people genuinely stop using Apple products as they buy Man Utd?B-)

Surely nobody is that mental?
I mind my dad taking the People's sticker off the rear windscreen of his car in the early 90s once they started sponsoring celtic haha

I am, never bought anything New Balance and won't buy Adidas whilst they fund the Timigrant's :))
It’s a bit different if you are sitting using your nice iPhone 14, and have your iPad and wearing your iwatch, basically full kit Apple wanker (like me!), suddenly saying,

“ah feck, they have bought Man Utd, even though I’m a Rangers supporter I’m now going to bin all my Apple gear and go to Android that I don’t actually like because I am just that staunch”

It’s next level mentalness, I can just assume it’s a joke. If not, I’m glad I don’t actually know anyone like this in real life.

Surely not true.
I did see an interview one of the Glazers done yesterday I think where he was bring quizzed on CR & he was told the fans think he should have sold the club years ago because he doesn't care.
His response was they're exploring other avenues.
Absolutely hate Man Utd & would give my left nut for them to go into administration B-)

Not sure what Apple gain from owning Man Utd

Can understand the Arabs buying clubs to improve the image of their countries but what do Apple gain?

Not sure what Apple gain from owning Man Utd

Can understand the Arabs buying clubs to improve the image of their countries but what do Apple gain?

Exactly, Apple don't need any thing or any body to function and grow even bigger. If anything it would be detrimental. :D

Commercial opportunities from owning Man Utd?
Surely for a near-trillion dollar business owning a football club would be the most convoluted and risky method of advertising. And who doesn’t know about Apple?

Click bait shite.
Depends how they run it tbh

From a purely marketing point of view they probably save a fortune when you consider the TV audience for the different cons, the association etc

Redbull really started this but it's the next step

Where these massive companies buy up sports clubs to use as advertising toys.

EA for example with fifa were getting asked for to much for naming rights from fifa so as of next year have made deals with the clubs for less and will no longer use fifa in the game.

Man u won't be the last of it happens you will prob find the Liverpool and man u owners have prob had discussions with app

I can see these huge multi nationals jumping on the band wagon….and the Champions League being overtaken by a World Cup of Clubs. That’s where I see the attraction for a hedge fund investor like Ms Fox seeing an opportunity in buying into Rangers and or them!! We won’t recognise the face of the game in another 10yrs…..Apple Amazon Netflix Disney Sovereign Wealth Funds Private Equity Firms and High Net Worth Individuals will manufacture a new era of Super Clubs!!

Does Old Trafford really need to to be knocked down and rebuilt?

There’s something about that which just screams new and shiny EPL stuff to me.
I find it hard to believe some of the current stadiums character couldn’t be retained whilst parts are amended and upgraded.

Liverpool have managed something similar.

Think (i hope) they are taking the pish
dPIWAhL.gif

Does Old Trafford really need to to be knocked down and rebuilt?

There’s something about that which just screams new and shiny EPL stuff to me.
I find it hard to believe some of the current stadiums character couldn’t be retained whilst parts are amended and upgraded.

Liverpool have managed something similar.
It doesn’t need to be, it just an option as is adding to the existing structure like Liverpool have done.

I'm a software developer, and I use an iPhone, MacBook and Apple Watch, so that's drivel really.

I prefer my tech to be reliable and actually have a decent user experience.
Yup 22 years in IT in various roles and the most reliable kit I’ve dealt with is Apple Products going right back to the old G3’s

Phenomenal hardware make Dell kit look like they are built out of lego

Latest posts

Back