Apple interested in buying Man United

Does Old Trafford really need to to be knocked down and rebuilt?

There’s something about that which just screams new and shiny EPL stuff to me.
I find it hard to believe some of the current stadiums character couldn’t be retained whilst parts are amended and upgraded.

Liverpool have managed something similar.
It is pretty old and creaking a bit now - needs tlc in some parts and rebuild in others. A piece by piece upgrade would take years and probably be as, maybe more expensive than a flatten and rebuild.

Can’t imagine them flattening Old Trafford though.

It’s a bit different if you are sitting using your nice iPhone 14, and have your iPad and wearing your iwatch, basically full kit Apple wanker (like me!), suddenly saying,

“ah feck, they have bought Man Utd, even though I’m a Rangers supporter I’m now going to bin all my Apple gear and go to Android that I don’t actually like because I am just that staunch”

It’s next level mentalness, I can just assume it’s a joke. If not, I’m glad I don’t actually know anyone like this in real life.
Not a problem if you already own the stuff.

Yup 22 years in IT in various roles and the most reliable kit I’ve dealt with is Apple Products going right back to the old G3’s

Phenomenal hardware make Dell kit look like they are built out of lego
I have a late 2012 iMac running Catalina at home that runs quicker than my work supplied Dell laptop running Windows 11.
I’ll not be binning it if Apple buy Man Ure :))

Apple are 'interested in buying Manchester United in £5.8BILLION deal'​

US tech giant Apple has joined the race to buy Manchester United, according to reports.

United confirmed the sensational news that the world's biggest football club is effectively for sale in a statement issued earlier this week.

With United now available, a report from the Daily Star has claimed that the world's largest tech company may be interested in acquiring the club for £5.8billion.

The California-based tech firm has never previously owned a major sports team, but the commercial opportunities provided by United are said to be a primary factor in their interest.

Any potential deal would almost certainly become the most costly acquisition of a football club in history, surpassing the £4.25billion fee a consortium led by Todd Boehly paid for Chelsea earlier this year.

One major issue facing whomever buys United is Old Trafford, the club's iconic stadium. The venue has long needed a revamp to compete with the biggest clubs around the world.

It is understood that rebuilding the stadium will cost approximately £1.5bn, making it the most expensive football ground in the world - ahead of Tottenham's new £1bn stadium.

i-man

Commercial opportunities from owning Man Utd?
Surely for a near-trillion dollar business owning a football club would be the most convoluted and risky method of advertising. And who doesn’t know about Apple?

Click bait shite.
You never heard of Apple TV?

Does Old Trafford really need to to be knocked down and rebuilt?

There’s something about that which just screams new and shiny EPL stuff to me.
I find it hard to believe some of the current stadiums character couldn’t be retained whilst parts are amended and upgraded.

Liverpool have managed something similar.
By all accounts it needs a lot of work, but it’s journalists being a little sensationalist IMO. They wouldn’t be rebuilding Old Trafford, they’d be building a new stadium. Cost could be £500m or £5bn. They’ve just plucked thoughts, opinions and numbers out the air to beef up a tedious link article.

Would people genuinely stop using Apple products if they buy Man Utd?B-)

Surely nobody is that mental?
100% people would. However that number will be tiny in comparison to the amount of people who buy an Apple product.

I have never owned Apple product so doesn't affect me

Surely for a near-trillion dollar business owning a football club would be the most convoluted and risky method of advertising. And who doesn’t know about Apple?

Click bait shite.
Streaming their games directly through iTunes/apple tv

Streaming super league games directly through iTunes/apple tv

It could be absolutely massive for them. If they can force the changes in broadcasting (which I think we all know is inevitable).

Clubs selling games directly to fans through a streaming platform would be a bit of a game changer for us too

Could they not just buy us for 100 million and call it I-Brox. Everybody a winner
I'd go one step further. Buy us for £100m, buy the stadium naming rights for life for £2bn, build a new £500m Apple Ibrox Stadium and we hoover up every player going killing FFP and we rule the world (and they save £3bn).

Click bait shite.
Multi-trillion dollar business I think. Sure it's about $2.4 trillion value for Apple.

Saw some rumours the other day that they might buy Disney as well, so Man U would be a drop in the ocean they could probably throw significant money at if they wanted to without much worry.

Not that I believe they are interested, just saying.

This always pops up when a club is for sale in one of the big leagues. I’m pretty sure Apple have said they are not interested in buying sports teams.

Multi-trillion dollar business I think. Sure it's about $2.4 trillion value for Apple.

Saw some rumours the other day that they might buy Disney as well, so Man U would be a drop in the ocean they could probably throw significant money at if they wanted to without much worry.

Not that I believe they are interested, just saying.
Steve Jobs was the single biggest shareholder in Disney, so presumably his widow and daughter now are, I’m guessing that’s where the talk is coming from.

Steve Jobs was the single biggest shareholder in Disney, so presumably his widow and daughter now are, I’m guessing that’s where the talk is coming from.
It was a story suggesting that Bob Iger has just been reinstated and that’s his aim, but I suspect it’s bollocks

With all these takeovers and mergers it won't be long before the likes of Apple, Amazon, Redbull start deciding to place people in government for a generous donation

Meanwhile we'll still have Sturgeon going after another referendum

Back