Are Broadcasters doing enough?

Jogbear

Watched the start of the West Ham v Arsenal game, bear in mind, slavia is Arsenals next opponent and not even a mention of the abuse Glen suffered before they took the knee. Should Sky and possibly Bt be doing more to highlight this?.

Last edited:
Sky are more interested in this sort of thing:

almost as if they are annoyed that us and them didn't do their big PR move (the knee) and players like Zaha have came out about it, nice wee bit of silver to somebody like Tyrone to pretend it's doing anything so they can keep up their Comcast masters work

knee does nothing, you look at players and even they can't be bothered with it now. UEFA actually heavily punishing teams will potentially do something for it but Sky obviously would rather stay with something easy like having a go at clubs

Thats the kind of feeling I got, especially from sky. They dont really care about the racism, but when the teams were taking a knee, they wanted to look woke and in with the crowd. Theyve not mentioned a word in the english games ive watched, which has annoyed me tbh

Watched the start of the West Ham v Arsenal game, bear in mind, slavia is Arsenals next opponent and not even a mention of the abuse Glen suffered before they took the knee. Should Sky and possibly Bt be doing more to highlight this?.
To be fair to Sky they gave it plenty of coverage on our game, also it was the top story on SSN the day after the incident.

Sky & BT are big sponsors of the game. Where players are involved they should be pressuring the football authorities to take action. In this case BT sport should be threatening to withdraw investment unless UEFA take action. But they won't probably because it's worth too much money in advertising and subs revenue to them. All the platitudes from the broadcasters are worthless as the players say.

We need to realise that racism isn't a football problem. It's a societal problem.

Nobody gets born racist and we need to search for the triggers that make folk become racists.

We need to start educating our children and explaining that racism is plain wrong. We need to provide bette role models.

And when we do find somebody acting in a racist manner we need to whack them with serious punishments.

It's an almost insoluble problem but we can't stop trying.

Jesus christ
I dont know who your jesus chrsiting at but in all seriousness, if they were bothered about fighting racism why would they not have mentioned it once across 2 games? Weve seen them take a kner? Not a mention of thursday night! Imo an absolute shit show from sky, and i am very disappointed and hope people take note

at times it's like a teacher looking at pupils and making sure they aren't misbehaving when it comes to Sky and the "knee"

Sky goes to a different camera angle, gets the commentator to read out something scripted and then we either zoom in on a black player or it zooms in on the ""no racism" sign in the crowd or on the pitch somewhere. They'd almost certainly zoom in on somebody who stands for a live game you'd think, a case of "look at him, get him on social media for that"

it's come to the point where it's actually quite dangerous because Sky are the potential clipe and I doubt they'd care if somebody got abuse for it

As soon as crowds are back in they will stop this, it would have the opposite effect, with sections of supporters showing their feelings.

To be fair Sky Sports have more than highlighted the Kamara racism incident and called it out for what it was.
Not on any their English programming though. You know the one that gets the most views. Watching the games you would think it never happened. Especially considering its Arsenals next opponent

Back