Are Pena and Herrera done?

I hope they’re both given a fair crack under the new manager. Doubt it’ll happen though seeing as they’ve both been vilified.

If Miller deserves to swan back into the side after doing %^*& all then why don’t two players who’ve actually contributed more this season?

I hate to say it but I'm not fussed regards Pena, if we recoup half the cash he cost I'd cut our loses...
Who in their right mind would pay a million or million and a half for Pena??? (depending on conflicting information on what we paid for him) Seriously?? Guys a waste of space, worse than a man down. Since he's been out the team (all be it two games) we have played far better. Holt done more in two games than that guy has done all season. Waste of money and a dressing room peg. Sorry if that sounds harsh but it's true.

Herrera deserves more of a chance before we proper judge him but think he will be away in the summer. Maybe Jan.
I agree with this. He's had hardly any game time with us and has scored a few already. Not a long term answer or first choice on his viewings so far, but i think he's taken a lot of unfair crticism.

Peña hasn’t done anything near enough to even merit a place on the bench.

Herrera hasn’t been much better. I’d have given Hardie more time yesterday, and given Barjonas a wee run out as well. The match was finished after the 3rd goal anyway.

I think Mciness will have done a good bit of investigating

I agree.At the time though most of us didn't know that,we all believed and hoped that he still had something in the tank.
I guess so, although I still had the Barton failing reminding me that stepping down in quality doesn't always produce success.

Peña hasn’t done anything near enough to even merit a place on the bench.

Herrera hasn’t been much better. I’d have given Hardie more time yesterday, and given Barjonas a wee run out as well. The match was finished after the 3rd goal anyway.

To be fair to him he's scored 4 goals from midfield, which could be considered 'enough' by some.

Both will be away soon...the infamous ‘undisclosed fee’ being applied. If they showed anything in training you would imagine they would be in the team. But they probably haven’t and that’s why they aren’t getting a sniff. Shame, but hardly surprising...was always a gamble especially Pena and his track record back in Mexico.

If we bring in the likes of McLean and Moult in January, both could be surplus to requirements.

Genuine question but what would McLean offer than Pena doesn't? Can honestly say I've never seen much of him...

McLean might actually put an ounce of effort in unlike Pena

I could play for Rangers and put effort in, doesn't mean I'm going to be any good. Whether you like Pena or not, he has scored goals for us which leads me to this point...

I'm struggling to think what Pena has done so far to warrant an automatic 1st team place ?
Of course I'm grateful for his goals - but I wonder if they would have been converted by almost anyone in the line-up
I've got more respect for Herrera - well a bit more - he too needs to improve and if in training he isn't quite up to it - then surely it's no wonder GM is leaving him out -
The message to him should be obvious - i.e. get yourself sharper / fitter / eager or you'll remain on the bench or drop out of the squad altogether

Absolutely not. For starters Windass and Miller wouldn't have finished them. I'd imagine Pena's goal/shot ratio is probably one of the best in the league.

I personally wouldn't just throw that away. I'd want a good manager to come in and take a bit of responsibility to try and get the best out of him.

BTW is he currently injured or just dropped?

Becauae we aren't a club who can shit 4 million down the drain someone being able to get a tune out of them would help us..
So, no real reason for thinking this other than it being the way you’d ant it to be?
The DoF should have input into team selection?
Not for me.
Don’t make it that Murty is a temp.
How could you say to a guy “you take the reins but do it this way”?

Pena doesn't appear to be getting a look in under Murty, which is surprising and I would expect him tone moved on in the next window.

Maybe Murty has seen first hand the lack of application at training and his off field behaviour. Simply because Pedro played him, doesn't mean that he turned a corner. Maybe, just maybe, this was the reason for Miller falling foul of Pedro.

So, no real reason for thinking this other than it being the way you’d ant it to be?
The DoF should have input into team selection?
Not for me.
Don’t make it that Murty is a temp.
How could you say to a guy “you take the reins but do it this way”?

Yeah literally like you have said - by opening ones mouth and saying words!

He was atrocious in the semi final even for his standards. Then we had Killie at home. It was pretty clear that any manager other than Pedro wouldn't suffer him. So it's not strange at all. No need for daft drug rumours to be spread ffs.

This. Just look at the nick of him in that game ffs

I would love to get to the bottom of what convinced Caixinha to spend 1.4 million or whatever on a striker he wouldnt even play at his old club. I wouldnt be at all surprised if there was something dodgy going on there. It just makes zero sense

Genuine question but what would McLean offer than Pena doesn't? Can honestly say I've never seen much of him...

Goals aside, Peña is a passenger, an horrific signing, we’re into November and the guy still isn’t fully match fit.

He has talent, it’s obviously there, but he doesn’t appear to have either the stamina or the passion to go with it.

McLean might be a different type of player and possibly not as talented as Peña, but I’d wager someone like McInnes would get more out of him in a blue jersey than the Mexican.

Herrera deserves a chance, for me Pena is done he isn’t interested that’s clear. Get McLean and moult in January.

Pena doesn't appear to be getting a look in under Murty, which is surprising and I would expect him tone moved on in the next window.

Be interesting to know if the rumours that it's actually Kenny Miller picking the team are true. If it is true yesterday put paid with the theory that Alves sided with Miller over Pedro.

Either way we'll know after a few games under the new manager if they have a future. Imho if we get a foreign manager both will play a big part going forward. A Scottish manager will probably end up siding with Miller.

Peña will play again, it'll be a random midweek home fixture where he contributes %^*& all for 45 minutes and gets hooked at half time, only to never be seen again.

People that think Pena would be a better option than Jamie Walker do not have a clue about the game imo.

I thought herrera or hardie would have been a better option than niko for the first sub, could have put both on imo in place of windass and miller

Think we should cut our losses here,if they are going we need to ensure we have players to come in and have a better impact,the same with Rossiter,harsh I know but we can't afford to be squandering wages carrying passengers and start getting value for money. I know every transfer isn't going to work out but I think with the D.O.F. and his team in place should reduce that risk.

The team has played reasonably well without them. Our new manager (probably DMc) will assess these guys and we'll know soon enough whether they have a role to play in the future. Simples.

I don't know if they're done, but of the permanent signings made by Pedro I believe they're least likely to stay.

You'd imagine that any half decent offer coming in for them would be accepted .

I wouldn't be surprised to see the both of them back in Mexico before the end of the season imo
I can only imagine they will be gone at the first offer. Difficult to see them turning it around, which is a real shame but we cannot afford passengers.

Back