Are Rangers judged to a different standard?

THEGOVANFRONT

It's a simple question which requires a simple Yes or No answer?

The reason I ask is due to the amount of posts where people are blaming officials whilst others seem to be of the belief that had we taken our chances today then the officials wouldnt have come into it.

Well, we will never know as if we had taken our chances who knows what would have followed ie. Goal chopped off for example

The only way to establish how we feel we are treated is to answer he question I have raised & only then can we see where we stand as taking chances for me doesn't clarify how we view refereeing decisions/ performances

Look at the mhedia reaction to Beaton not sending Morelos off at Ibrox v the Bheasts
I'm sure he then had death threats with Police invilved
Let's see the coverage of how an offside goal can win you a trophy

And on another matter is the Compliance Officer role still in place?
The reason I ask is re Cosgrove tackle in Davis where ref took no action

yes

the refs are either poet placemen

or intimidated to just simply implement what they see

did that stop us winning today?

not IMO as bad as those decisions were

Hitting the net today with even a 50 % ratio we would have won by a a 2 /3 goal margine easy ...morelos was unlucky as a striker with doing not that much wrong with chances he had ... i felt ....but that big prick in the goals had the game of his life ...sorry to say people but forsters performance today was nothing less than goram -esk and theres not many times you put any1 in the same sentence as the goalie .....head up wee man it will come son ......WATP

Last edited:
Yes, and it's as plain as day.

Aberdeen were allowed to do what they wanted to our players on Wednesday without recourse. At the very least, Cosgrove and Logan should have been off.

Livingston got the same free hits at us.
Kilmarnock got the same.
Hamilton (I think) got the same.
etc.

Even today, Hayes is over on one wing and wipes out Kamara(I think?) which was probably a booking on its own. Two minutes later on the other wing, he takes down Tavernier who was on the attack – still no booking.

Aberdeen midweek free reign to kick and injure our players from the first whistle, injured our best midfielder no action taken. Then a stone wall penalty right in front of the ref denied. Result- 2 points dropped.

Today denied at least 1 more certain penalty, allowed the keeper to be 2 yards off his line at Morelos penalty, allowed 3 players to be offside when they scored . Result - lost the final.

That’s just the last 2 massive matches What was the question again?

Even more so since rising back up the divisions.
The mentally challengeds run Scottish football and it's sickening.

we should ignore this different standard talk and call it what it is..... cheating.

officials love cheating as the more you cheat the less chance of getting the media treatment.

it is utterly shameful what is going on and they aint gonna stop it.

The big decisions went against Rangers , Celtic won the cup with an offside goal and escaped penalty claims . Before the game I thought this would be the case and unfortunately it happened . We’re playing against a 12th man , if it was the other way around you would hear all about it . Shocking .

Have been for some time though I would add officials get threatened sometimes physically attacked by certain fans if they dont stay in line, their line!

Hitting the net today with even a 50 % ratio we would have won by a a 2 /3 goal margine easy ...morelos was unlucky as a striker with doing not that much wrong with chances he had ... i felt ....but that big prick in the goals had the game of his life ...sorry to say people but forsters performance today was nothing less than goram -esk and theres not many times you put any1 in the same sentence as the goalie .....head up wee man it will come son ......WATP

All this is true but isn’t doesn’t take away from the fact we lost due to two dodgy referee decisions.

All this is true but isn’t doesn’t take away from the fact we lost due to two dodgy referee decisions.
Granted mate ... but we got a pen n never took it....i cant b awfy sure the other 2 were certain goals .... we lost coz we never scored mare than them end of day ...due to heroics fae theyre goly m8 he pulled them out from a hiding the day i believe .

Granted mate ... but we got a pen n never took it....i cant b awfy sure the other 2 were certain goals .... we lost coz we never scored mare than them end of day ...due to heroics fae theyre goly m8 he pulled them out from a hiding the day i believe .

We lost because they scored a blatantly offside goal, that is a fact.

we didn’t lose because we didn’t score. We lost because the officials got it wrong. Until we start fighting these decisions in the same manner they do we’ve no chance.

I know it is mate No question ...but even if they didny score that ...we still would of had to score tae win would we no ?

Perhaps if the linesmen allowed Alfie to take the penalty again due to lurch coming right off his line or maybe if we were awarded one of the other stoneWaller’s he wouldn’t of needed to.

Sare wan lads i know ..can you see wot im sayin though ? We still had to Hit the net ....the rest would be irrelevant really if this happened ....as blatant as some of the decisions were ......
Cant go out to game like that on a promise of a decision thats not been given yet . The officials sfa have been useless for years and continue to do so they thrive at this ...so no surprise really fae the spineless cunts that have never played the game .WATP

Last edited:
More so since Dougie McDonald didn’t give the filth a penalty
A decision that was proved conclusively to be correct. He'd realised instantly he'd got it wrong but didn't anticipate his linesman flinging him under a bus when he should have acted in the interests of his fellow officials. A white lie to protect his mate and get the decision CORRECT was surely not too much to ask of him.

Just had a look at the papers and hardly a mention of the offside goal

However, had it been the other way round then its headline news.
What is happeneing to us from refs and linesmen is the result of 15 years of intimidation from Celtic while we sat back doing nothing about it.
I dont think the refs are cheats........i think subconciously its easier not to give us something that might just might not be right like the pen on Wednesday night. The fear the refs have of getting us the benefit of a wrong call is too severe. Demoted, fan and media intimidation etc etc. For an easier life and to become a top ref, you give Rangers nothing and look after Celtic.

Only Rangers can stand up against this but we have been too busy building back up the club and fighting Ashley. This is now critical and a fight we really must take on

Back