Are the American owners going to try and merge the two Dundee teams?

Hope not.I want them to feel excruciate pain and torture very slowly then hopefully they just f uckng die.

The Dark Blues are in talks with the Dundee Football Club Supporters Society (DFCSS) about purchasing shares.

According to reports, the move would take the holding of US-based 
businessman Keyes and Dees managing director John Nelms from 68.2 per cent to over 75 per cent......

DFCSS membership currently stands at just under 150.

Surely I'm reading that wrongly. Does this suggest that the 150 fans in DFCSS own around 7% of the club?

Last edited:
We have a handful of fans who control a bigger percentage of our club.
Just saying.

We also have ten thousand or so contributing to Club1872 for around 10% of the Club.

I’m sure the DFCSS isn’t the equivalent of King and his allies and is more a fans group. I’m only guessing though, hence my question.

There should be mergers of many clubs in Scotland. Too many clubs and too many from the same areas.

Consolidate and I belive it will be better for the game overall.

40 odd clubs is a f.ucking joke.

Bollocks. Absolute bollocks.

Merging clubs doent work. It's been a flop in Inverness. A large number of former Caley and Thistle fans refuse to support the merged club.

Consolidating lower league or smaller clubs will only achieve one thing - driving fans away from football. It's an idea peddled by people who have no understanding of, or respect for, people who follow small community clubs.

I'd have thought that the number of people who declared that they'd be finished with football if Rangers had gone out the game would have been evidence enough of what fans would do if their club disappeared.

Bollocks. Absolute bollocks.

Merging clubs doent work. It's been a flop in Inverness. A large number of former Caley and Thistle fans refuse to support the merged club.

Consolidating lower league or smaller clubs will only achieve one thing - driving fans away from football. It's an idea peddled by people who have no understanding of, or respect for, people who follow small community clubs.

I'd have thought that the number of people who declared that they'd be finished with football if Rangers had gone out the game would have been evidence enough of what fans would do if their club disappeared.
Are you saying you don't agree with me then ? :D No worries mate

Now work in Inverness and people don’t get over it , look at their attendances . Very little love for the club in the city complete opposite if Dingwall and county !

Correct.

The 4 Angus teams are a perfect example. Look at recent attendances:

Brechin v Airdrie on 22/12 had 446 at the game
Arbroath v Raith had 1808 (with a healthy travelling support)
Montrose v Stenny was 551
Forfar v Dumbarton the previous month had 491.

You could merge the 4 Angus teams in theory. In practice you wouldn't get anything like 3000 fans. You'd likely get about a thousand and you'd lose double that to football as fans of those clubs would either support their closest junior side or simply give up on football completely.

It didnt work with Caley Thistle and it wouldn't work anywhere else in Scottish football.

Smaller clubs aren't generally the issue - they live within their means and don't overspend. There's little reason for them to merge.

Back