Are the mhedia using the financial disparity excuse yet for last night's destruction ?

Wealth of a team should have no baring on the outcome of a game, it's 11 v 11 at the end of the day, Leicester City won the EPL 2 seasons ago with a team that cost circa 20/25m tops, beating the likes of City,Chelsea etc along the way who probably spent the best part of 200m on transfers, but they'll somehow get that excuse in anyway.

FFS, I was as happy as anyone that they got gubbed but I think PSG having a squad worth over half a billion pounds is more than a valid reason for them getting hammered.

Said the same to my son last night,the financial disparity is used when it suits.

This mob were absolutely humilated ( again ) only this time at home.

If they had lost by one or two i would have given them a little respect considering who they were up against but five ? A complete doing they got,no financial disparity covers that.

A poster on Twitter pointed out that PSG's wage bill is five times the size of Celtic's, whose in turn is five times the size of other teams in Scotland. So it probably works out about right.

A poster on Twitter pointed out that PSG's wage bill is five times the size of Celtic's, whose in turn is five times the size of other teams in Scotland. So it probably works out about right.

What works out about right?

That Rodgers can't seem to put together a team or a system that would make them competitive or at least difficult to beat in a one off match?

This game along with the Barcelona game last year could have easily been double figure defeats in the both of them.

It looks to me like Rodgers isn't tactically aware.

Even the Astana away game at 4-1 Astana missed two sitters to go 5-1 if they had scored any of them I honestly believe they would have got the 7 to knock them out with the 20 mins they would have had left.

He nearly blew a big lead against Hapoel Beer Sheva the year before as well. With only a missed penalty saving him.

It's hilariious. In Scotland they get their collective boaby sooked week in week out for trashing teams with whom they are infinitely stronger than in financial terms, that includes us.

But tonight McLean's wanting us to put the result "into context" because PSG have incomparable wealth. mentally challenged fans have an incredible lack of self awareness and tremendous knack for irony.

FFS, I was as happy as anyone that they got gubbed but I think PSG having a squad worth over half a billion pounds is more than a valid reason for them getting hammered.
Of course it's a valid reason. The point the OP is making is that they will be happy to use it as the excuse when they lose, but fail to acknowledge the financial gap between them and the rest of the Scottish clubs they beat with ease.

How much have the s*um made in the past 6 years or so from the Champions League, transfer sales, sponsorship etc. Oh aye they are skint. Nothing is said when that lot is playing smaller teams in Scotland about the gap in Monterey terms. The S*um got pumped and they disgraced Scottish football again, but let the cover up begin. That they are experts at....

Front page of the Metro, the headline is something like £500m"

That good enough start?

Of course it's a valid reason. The point the OP is making is that they will be happy to use it as the excuse when they lose, but fail to acknowledge the financial gap between them and the rest of the Scottish clubs they beat with ease.

Exactly. They're all to quick to suck the tape worms out saint brendans arse when they stroll it up here and greet like weans when we tell them they're just the best of a bad bunch.

sutton used it last night during the game.
He also criticised Brenda for not getting in a centre half and the players not playing well enough.
Frankly money does make a difference. If we got £700m to spend on players we could play like PSG.
Having said that Celtic are not as good as they think they are.

Telegraph "People will talk about a 'schooling' and how much Celtic have been outclassed but I can't stress enough. That's what PSG are supposed to do. "

They won the league at a canter, league and scottish cups too.

Qualify for the CL gravy train...............£30m...........

Yet, they have to play an 18 year old ned because they never signed a centre half?????

Where's the money going?

Wage bills are about the market place. The massive increases in wages at the top end does not mean there are suddenly players with super human ability playing the game. There are some fine players in that team, but its not a side that compares favourably with some of the classic European club sides of recent years.

They'll use any excuse going. If the financial difference argument doesn't work then they'll move on to the next pathetic excuse to feed their lifelong paranoia.

That can't be correct.

Neymar alone would account for at least half of Celtic's wage bill. Mbappé was rumoured to be wanting €200k a week when Real Madrid were sniffing around him. The guys they initially signed from Serie A (Thiago Silva, Motta, Verrati, Pastore) will all have been enticed to Paris with hefty wages.

They won the league at a canter, league and scottish cups too.

Qualify for the CL gravy train...............£30m...........

Yet, they have to play an 18 year old ned because they never signed a centre half?????

Where's the money going?

On wages I guess. Their team and manager has cost them a fortune.

A lot of disharmony at the piggery with Brenda slating the team and accusing them of playing like under 12's!
Loving their pain.
Sky have shown that bit a lot.
Talk about throwing your team under the bus! They played like under 12s, that's a real boot to the hee haws to his unwashables.

The tims are using it which is hilarious, the PSG side cost £567m, the tims side £21.15m.

The PSG side therefore cost 26.8 times more than Celtics, so to scale this in the other direction, that'd be like Celtic playing sides built for less than £789k.

I wonder where and when they would meet opposition built for less than £789k, and how often? :rolleyes:

All I've heard is that PSG are the greatest football team ever assembled. Well, they'd have to be, to hand the gallowgate galacticos such a resounding shoeing. That was the patter on radio Scotland last night.
They said the same about Barcelona last year after the 7-0 mauling. It was all about how it was no shame to lose to the greatest team ever assembled and how Barca could do that to any team. It all went quiet when Barca lost 4-0 to PSG and 3-0 to Juventus! Now the Express say "Celtic's display was rich in effort and they won't be the last team blitzed by PSG this season".
Celtic are the only club in Britain who can lose 6-1, 7-0 and 5-0 in Europe and escape criticism. Remember the abuse we took in the media when we lost 4-0 to Juventus?

Not just the mhedia using this excuse, Timothy in work (not the cleaner): It's no fair the amount of money they've got to spend on players, we can't compete with that.

Me: just like Scottish fitba then where you c*nts have had a free run at £30million a year for the last few years while everyone else has to make do with what they can afford, but that's ok cos your mob are invincible.

Timothy: it's no the same but.....

Me: explain to me how "it's no the same but....."

Still waiting on that explanation as he's crawled back under his rock

Fine. Let them hide behind this financial imbalance. The more the media blow smoke up
St. Brendan's erse, his ego will get the better of him, complacency then leads to average performances and dropped points. All the better for us when we are snapping at their heels and applying some pressure.

They said the same about Barcelona last year after the 7-0 mauling. It was all about how it was no shame to lose to the greatest team ever assembled and how Barca could do that to any team. It all went quiet when Barca lost 4-0 to PSG and 3-0 to Juventus! Now the Express say "Celtic's display was rich in effort and they won't be the last team blitzed by PSG this season".
Celtic are the only club in Britain who can lose 6-1, 7-0 and 5-0 in Europe and escape criticism. Remember the abuse we took in the media when we lost 4-0 to Juventus?
Remember it was a disgrace we lost 2-0 away to Valencia? They were described in the press and on the radio/tv as being 'the Aberdeen of spain'.

That Spanish Aberdeen team only reached the final that year and won it the next.

Wage bills are about the market place. The massive increases in wages at the top end does not mean there are suddenly players with super human ability playing the game. There are some fine players in that team, but its not a side that compares favourably with some of the classic European club sides of recent years.
Well said Bert,
Oxlade Chanberlain £40 million ,personally I wouldn't cross the road to watch him.
The Icelandic guy from Swansea to Everton £ 40 mil he is so good can't even remember his name.
Guys we have never heard of going for tens of millions.
The market is bonkers ,yes financial clout makes a difference ,however if you are as great as Sellick and Sir Brenda you should never lose 5-0 at home .
This is the greatest ground in the world with the greatest fans and the most intimidating atmosphere in globe and outer space.
Since 1888 they have never been defeated only cheated who was it ,Masonic Ref,Orange ball, SFA , it cannot possibly have been a fair and square humping

Fair enough I suppose as PSG spend hundreds of millions on players and that mob can't afford Patrick Roberts ;)

On a side note will Roberts become the first loanee to get a testimonial?

All I've heard is that PSG are the greatest football team ever assembled. Well, they'd have to be, to hand the gallowgate galacticos such a resounding shoeing. That was the patter on radio Scotland last night.
Here's hoping Anderlecht give them a similar doing and see what excuses are made then.

What the financial disparity means is that, overall, PSG had better players than Celtic.

So the manager - Brenda - has to adjust his system and his tactics accordingly.

That is what Walter used to do when we were playing the likes of Barcelona and Man Utd.. He parked the bus in front of the goal and made it very difficult for them to play their natural game. The result? Loud complaints of anti-football by Messi because we frustrated him. They were still better teams but we severely limited the damage.

Rodgers, on the other hand, 'a la Warburton', did not change his system and allowed PSG to play their game. The result, a heavy defeat.

It isn't just the money, it is also the tactical awareness and tactical flexibility of the manager.

If they played like an under 12 team last night it doesnt say much for Brendan's coaching

Cash always buys better players, but it doesnt mean you cant make it difficult for your opponents - PSG could have scored 10 last night

Fair enough I suppose as PSG spend hundreds of millions on players and that mob can't afford Patrick Roberts ;)

On a side note will Roberts become the first loanee to get a testimonial?

That mob can afford to spend. They made a profit of £19 million last year. But, as per usual, they didn't reinvest it in the team. Celtc fans would be justified in asking where the money went.

Back