Are There Positives From Today's Decision?

LetsGo

We all know it was poor decisions to bring the winter break forward and the negatives it could bring for us around AFCON players, but it's done now so what are the positives we can take?

For me there are 2 biggies.

Firstly that Gio and the team have had almost no time to get to grips with things they likely want to get sorted, like looking at the squad properly and making decisions about where the squad needs trimmed or where we can offer contracts, perhaps starting the process for any signings we are looking to make (central defenders please!) then other changes around the training centre - maybe tweaks to equipment or getting their own systems in place for analysis and review of games/previews of upcoming fixtures. Could even give them time to settle more into their homes here a bit more. Bringing the break forward will allow the management team to get a handle on a lot of these little things a little earlier without the distraction of the games after boxing day.

Secondly injuries and signings - if we do get players in the door and possibly Helander and Roofe back fit who might otherwise have missed the games against sheep at the other lot, we could quite feasibly have a much stronger squad than if played before the break.

If it does turn out that Omicron is less potent hopefully we know this by mid January and the doors can be opened again too.

Sorry for being in an excellent, champion mood and full of optimism again bears B-)

No - no positives from the break, if we'd kept playing i'm convinced we would have taken 4 or 5 of them which would have damaged them for the rest of the season.

The break gives them a chance to regroup and make some additions which should be against the laws of the game.

No - no positives from the break, if we'd kept playing i'm convinced we would have taken 4 or 5 of them which would have damaged them for the rest of the season.

The break gives them a chance to regroup and make some additions which should be against the laws of the game.
Likewise for us, which was kinda both my points rolled into one.

Being cheated doesn’t have any positives. Yes, we might get a player back from injury, but they stand to gain far more. The reason their fans are delighted about their cheating and we are pissed off is because their positives far outweigh ours.

Gives Gio time to take a breath and sit with his team and work out how he wants us to play etc. He didn't get any pre-season etc. so this will give him time to think. Probably won't change much like a full pre-season, but it can't hurt I don't think.

I understand why everyone is saying no, and the importance of momentum, but since we now find ourselves in the situation the OP has a point.

We can potentially see Helander, Roofe, Jack, Balogun all back, and it gives GVB more time to implement and work on progress.

The negatives are obvious in that celtic get a chance to regroup and get their squad back to some level of fitness, but it doesn't mean we can't try and make the most of the situation too.

Not to mention any signings GVB may want to make in the January window.

Kyogo and Rogic on international duty 2nd February, not really bothered by it but some might see it as a positive

Only positive is we might improve our squad. Also that it’s already showed their injuries pile up with with way they play , with 5 games (game 5 being us ) in 15 days when we return after 3 weeks off, more hamstring pops will hopefully start to appear by game 4

Gio gets 3 weeks on the training pitch with the players to work on tactics and properly assess the squad before the transfer window opens. Gives the players a chance to take stock and gives them some festive time off with their families.

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer we just played the last 2 games because they would drop more points and I reckon our points gap would be near insurmountable, but like all good Rangers teams of the past have done, we get on with it and we don't sully ourselves with excuse after excuse. No doubts in my mind, we'll kick on positively after the winter break.

Do you reckon our board will give Gio money to potentially cement the league title in place? With the carrot of £30/40m at the end? Would seem a no brainer Imo

Do you reckon our board will give Gio money to potentially cement the league title in place? With the carrot of £30/40m at the end? Would seem a no brainer Imo
Without diverting too far off topic, hopefully that is something they will now have some more time work out without distraction. But if we did make these signings it would come with massive pressure and probably restrict us from making too many more signings in the summer. Perhaps we have our eye on one or two who are out of contract in July and can get them in early on a reasonably priced deal.

Likewise for us, which was kinda both my points rolled into one.

But they badly need them, we don't. If the games went ahead as planned we'd have extended our lead by two to five points with that lot entering the difficult group of fixtures again. No guarantee of that post break which will be a lottery again with Afcon, signings and injuries on both sides.

Positives:

1) won't be full stadiums by the game anyway, so their (false) basis of this being for the fans is futile.

2) it's another full month of working under Gio and his staff.

3) we simply are better than them regardless whether its January, February or the rest of 2022!

For sure Gio and our staff had already prepared for the upcoming fixtures.

The yahoos threw a spanner in the works with todays announcement, might have upset our preparation to some extent but not overly critical, but a spanner in the works none the less.

We gather again and just get on with it, the corrupt cabal will try something else no doubt.

The 0-0 in Paisley though wasn't to their liking, fucked them a little tbh.

I'm trying to be civil, get it right up ye ya manky b@st@rd. :))

I see it as a chance for Gio to get his ideas across, he's no really had that much time to do that with our squad tbh, there were always matches to be played, I think it'll benifit the players, getting proper time to digest the way Gio wants us to play

Today's decision is overall very bad but if we are scrambling around for positives here is one.
The pitches tend to be in worse condition in February and the weather tends to be worse in Scotland in January and February. We are footballing side but our guys know how to grind out a result on crap pitches in terrible weather conditions. "Angeball" is untested in that environment and their manager is hardly a pragmatist, so we will see.

Folk keep posting this.

Rangers were about to confirm themselves as Champions next week.

That mob are littered with jobbers and anyone decent is injured.

You now have to play them minus afcon players with their injuries healed and with them signing folk.

Stop trying to find something good in someone with an unplayable poker hand pulling cards out their sleeve as we know we still have a decent hand.

Its cheating.

No, they cheated and got away with it, and unless tha African cup is scrapped, we play tough games minus 3 key players, unless we get postponements.

No positives for me. We'd have belted them just now. They've cynically stood on the bodies of everyone who's died from Covid by exploiting the disease to gain an unfair advantage.

Reactions: SE5
It might bring a seige mentality amongst the squad as we all know these sleekit bastards will try ever underhand tactic in the book.
Also maybe show them that no matter how hard they try and stack the odds in their favour they're still useless cúnts and shall remain so no matter who they sign in Jan.

Heard this morning a report by Scottish scientists say it’s 65% less likely to be hospitalised by the Omicron variant than the Delta variant.

It’s an absolute farce.

The whole episode is an absolute shambles and the decision making from those 'in charge' was spineless, yet predictable.

That said, it's now worked in our favour.

And that, my friends, is karma.

We Welcome The Chase.

To be honest we can’t really say at the moment whether this will work for us or against us. Only time will tell.

We faced two tough away games in a row and the scheduling of these by the random computer was deliberate

We now have the chance to beat St Mirren and go into a winter break at least 6 points clear

We have the opportunity to get players fit again and it gives Gio an opportunity further embed his style of play on the team so it could benefit us

Lucky they are only 6pts behind.

If we never had a car crash start to our home form and shouldn’t have dropped 6pts in matches against M’well, Hearts and Sheep.

We could/should be sitting atleast 10pts clear! (Whilst cutting the team slack for dropped points in one of the home games)

Only positive I can see is that we can bring back the old early 60’s mantra when they had game after game postponed.
Feart Tae Play.

Folk keep posting this.

Rangers were about to confirm themselves as Champions next week.

That mob are littered with jobbers and anyone decent is injured.

You now have to play them minus afcon players with their injuries healed and with them signing folk.

Stop trying to find something good in someone with an unplayable poker hand pulling cards out their sleeve as we know we still have a decent hand.

Its cheating.
We also have to play a home game BCD on boxing day which will be a financial hit.
I can see no positives in this decision!!

They forget we have injuries too. Helander plays over Balogun, Barisic over Bassey. Aribo is the loss, but we have Roofe coming back and plenty up front to deal with them.

We all know it was poor decisions to bring the winter break forward and the negatives it could bring for us around AFCON players, but it's done now so what are the positives we can take?

Firstly that Gio and the team have had almost no time to get to grips with things they likely want to get sorted, like looking at the squad properly and making decisions about where the squad needs trimmed or where we can offer contracts, perhaps starting the process for any signings we are looking to make (central defenders please!) then other changes around the training centre - maybe tweaks to equipment or getting their own systems in place for analysis and review of games/previews of upcoming fixtures. Could even give them time to settle more into their homes here a bit more. Bringing the break forward will allow the management team to get a handle on a lot of these little things a little earlier without the distraction of the games after boxing day.

Secondly injuries and signings - if we do get players in the door and possibly Helander and Roofe back fit who might otherwise have missed the games against sheep at the other lot, we could quite feasibly have a much stronger squad than if played before the break.

If it does turn out that Omicron is less potent hopefully we know this by mid January and the doors can be opened again too.

Sorry for being in an excellent, champion mood and full of optimism again bears B-)

Helander coming back will soften the blow of losing Bassey and Balogun. Perhaps Katic will be back too if he gets recalled, although he doesn't seem to be playing well.

Roofe coming back doesn't make a huge difference as he is down the pecking ordered anyway.

No positives for me, the program has been tampered with for no reason. Teams thought they had a crystal ball and went on a wing and a prayer ! The ramifications of this are far from over.

Reactions: SSR
I seen a report saying that The cheat and Rogic will be away on international duty when the game is due to be played ?
The Diving Japanese and Rogic if picked would be away on international duty WC qualifiers round about the same day as we play them in Feb.

On reflection I don't think they care about who is missing for us.

Priority 1. And only priority for them was simply avoid us on 2nd.

With what they have it would have gone down in history as a massacre.

No apology required, Merry Christmas etc.

There's always positives when you're the best team in the league by a country mile and have still to play at your best

Back