Are they trying to sell Edouard?

Leicester being linked for £40 million, it’s a crap source mind you!!

we have to remember they paid £8million for him, you’d expect a player at that price to walk this league.

Laughing at how Edouard scoring a hat trick into a centre back pairing consisting of Jamie Want (36 league appearances for Hamilton at the age of 23) and Jamie Hamilton (12 league appearances at the age of 18) means they'll walk the league again.

I think he's quality admittedly, but ffs, get a grip.

Anyone who says hes shite etc is deluded, there no chance they will sell him, lets hope we get a quality striker in regardless if morelos goes cos we need more goals in the team

Laughing at how Edouard scoring a hat trick into a centre back pairing consisting of Jamie Want (36 league appearances for Hamilton at the age of 23) and Jamie Hamilton (12 league appearances at the age of 18) means they'll walk the league again.

Worth noting that not so long ago our backup 37 year old striker also scored a hattrick against an almost identical Hamilton side at home.

It’s not a particularly clear indication of quality.

Hamilton’s lineup resembles some junior teams. They will struggle big time this year

Anyway, get off this thread, it is about a Celtic player, you wouldn't want to come across as obsessed would you?
If you read my point you’d understand that it wasn’t purely coz it’s about a Celtic player, it was more about the fact it was all made up. Anyways, you’re right as spending my night back and forth with you is a bit creepy

If they don’t make UCL he goes
If he refuses a new deal then they have to sell this window for maximum value

Hes streets ahead of anything we have in our team and if they keep banging in goals like they are, they will walk the league...i cant see them dropping many points if he stays and personally, will be glad if he gets TF..

if I’m given the option of him sold and them richer to the tune of £40M (cough) and squandering that on shite as usual, then I’m all in versus him staying and scoring for fun against the league fodder.

Errrrm I think you will find it was a question, hence this ?.
Thank you for the grammar lesson.

Your post was;
Every day for the past week there has been a comment about their star striker and how he’s “not for sale” and similar tit bits, all ably supported be their friends in the media!

By their own admission there has been no bids nor any interest from any other clubs!

Surely in that case you would keep your players name out the headlines as much as you could, to me they are openly touting the player under the guise of “we don’t want to sell”

I don’t see the ?

Thank you for the grammar lesson.

Your post was;
Every day for the past week there has been a comment about their star striker and how he’s “not for sale” and similar tit bits, all ably supported be their friends in the media!

By their own admission there has been no bids nor any interest from any other clubs!

Surely in that case you would keep your players name out the headlines as much as you could, to me they are openly touting the player under the guise of “we don’t want to sell”

I don’t see the ?

what about in the title of the thread?

They've been in discussion with him for months trying to get him to extend his contract. He's not having it and obviously indicated he want away and into the mega money leagues.
They are making provisions by looking for another striker, most likely Toney.
Edouard will be away 100%.
Great news for us as the guy is obvious class. I would say that he is probably the main difference between us and them. Him going will greatly level the playing field.

They've been in discussion with him for months trying to get him to extend his contract. He's not having it and obviously indicated he want away and into the mega money leagues.
He would be mad to sign a new deal with them. Unless they throw big money at him for a year with the promise to sell but even then,,

Why are Lille not going for him instead of Alfie?
It’s a great point and addresses an uncomfortable truth for many in Scotland.

Morelos is simply a far better play by every conceivable measure. I’m not saying Edouard is a bad player but I’ve never seen him put in any particular impressive performances, particularly in big games. I don’t see his potential being much more than his current level.

Morelos on the other hand can and will be world class. He has everything to his game as a modern day centre forward.

We have a cheek to say they’re obsessed
Oh dear, not this brain dead shit again.

Come back and tell us we're obsessed when the most active thread on the forum is about the filth, when Rangers fans are writing blogs specifically on the subject of Celtic, when we are writing actual books and making documentaries about them. Or how about taking out advertising space in newspapers or attending their games?

Until then, stop with the obsessed patter.

I'm sure edouard and ajer both only have 2 years left on their deals, meaning that if they aren't going to sign new ones, they will have to be sold this year to maximise value. Whether the bid for a tainted 9 and a half will have any bearing on what they do remains to be seen. In any other season, they'd be punted in a heartbeat.
Correct ,it’s not really been so noticeable in recent years due to the huge head start they have had on us when we got promoted back into the premiership,They were once known as balance sheet FC ,During Walters second spell they paraded their balance sheet like a trophy ,that plan hasn’t changed ,Since the bunnet left they have been all about making money for shareholders,Think that was the main reason O’Neil left ,He was frustrated that the money made wasn’t being reinvested in the team ,I remember after the run to the UEFA cup final he was given a 7 figure sum from bonus and dividends ,he felt this and other bonuses and dividends should have been reinvested in the team ,
There are a few at the top of this club focused on making money success in the pitch is almost a byproduct ,So of course they will be selling if these guys don’t sign new deals ,They got their fingers burned with the last “50m” defender who left on a free

Back