Are they trying to sell Edouard?

We have a cheek to say they’re obsessed

Witty and original comment.

The “All about the Rangers” narrative has really helped us hasn’t it ?

Weve been so far behind them that I make no apology for wanting them to be weakened. I’ll keep a keen interest on if they sell their best players. I’ll do a little dance when they get knocked out of CL qualifiers.

If that makes me “obsessed” (and I think there’s a clear difference between that kind of ‘obsession’ and their Sevcocis, emailing UEFA etc type obsession), then so be it.

Weve been so far behind them that I make no apology for wanting them to be weakened. I’ll keep a keen interest on if they sell their best players. I’ll do a little dance when they get knocked out of CL qualifiers.

If that makes me “obsessed” (and I think there’s a clear difference between that kind of ‘obsession’ and their Sevcocis, emailing UEFA etc type obsession), then so be it.
Nobody said all about the Rangers.

Factual stories are of interest. When they get beat I also enjoy it. Making stuff up is the point, obsessing over things that haven’t even happened

Him, Ajer and Ntcham all got 2 years left. Cant see them letting them get to a year to go and risk another boyata situation.

If they fail to qualify for the Champions League group stages (which they will) then he’ll be sold to balance the books.
This is my fear here.
Is it one leg games?
If so, they get a favourable home draw.
In saying that, Cluj and Copenhagen were favourable draws.

Make no mistake about it,if a half decent offer comes in for him then he will be off,that would be hilarious actually;-)

Apparently if they sell him then they are gonna spunk a chunk of it to get Toney,I would rather have Toney playing for us than them,hes a good player

So if he don't sign it he can leave on a free next season?

If so am sure his agent will be asking for serious cash to sign that deal as he could command mental money leaving on a free either way both are huge gambles
His contract is out in 2022 according to transfer market..

Every season they put a player in the shop window in case they fail to qualify for the CL. Been doing it for the last decade. Of course, their media lackeys will support them in this by constantly writing pieces inflating the player's worth and linking him with major clubs from all around Europe.

His 3 goals in Europe last season ( one a penalty) must have really caught the eye of Europe’s big guns or maybe it was his goals v Motherwell and St Mirren

He’s worth no where near £30 million, and there’s no stats to back up a counter argument

Morelos has a superior Record in Europe and is continually talked down and rubbished

As for Ajer , I’ll quote Chris Sutton from last season when he said in his commentary when they were playing Livingston ( Ajer has been tossed about like a crisp packet by Lyndon Dykes all game ) he done it in the previous game also , Ajer simply isn’t good enough to be a Celtic centre half

All of a sudden he’s off to Milan for £20 million

North Korea could take lessons off the mentally challengeds in propaganda

The fact they’ve been linked with Toney and the West Ham reserve looks like they are trying to punt him. If he was staying there wouldn’t be looking at strikers with thumbheid and the polish guy there

Every day for the past week there has been a comment about their star striker and how he’s “not for sale” and similar tit bits, all ably supported be their friends in the media!

By their own admission there has been no bids nor any interest from any other clubs!

Surely in that case you would keep your players name out the headlines as much as you could, to me they are openly touting the player under the guise of “we don’t want to sell”

The mhanks are first and foremost a selling club.

It's been that way since I started goin to see RANGERS in 66 and it has continued to this day, the latest being tierney.

Nowadays, they bring in foreign players to sell them on.

Failure to qualify for the CL will see one or two sold .
They have history all deals inc. Eduardo happen after Qual for Group stages of Europe. Don't see them selling as sponsorship deals normally have a 2 season clause. I.e. out of CL or Europa lg have defined drops in revenues. So if they drop into Europa league will prob put brakes on new signings without sales.

He’ll be on his way.

Ajer will be off too.

They’ve held them just to keep up the pretence to sell season tickets. Make no mistake they’re in a dire financial state. CL budget with no CL income.

they’re going to be significantly weaker come October.
Agreed re both players but this club is so arrogant they will believe that they are still too strong for us.
let’s put them back in their box pronto.

Given that like most clubs they will have been impacted by the pandemic I would think that if they could sell for £100m (add £10m per week thereafter)and buy Toney for £5m then they would consider that good business.

PS valuations courtesy of the board of Celtic Football Club.

Last edited:
Sending Bayo to St Midden must have been a thank you for support with last season's nonsense. No way they will sell Edouard if they make the Champions League (here's hoping they don't).

I think that makes you a fitba fan mate:))

The mentally challengeds are able to market these players , due to their previous sold players successes . Until our sold on players do the same then we won’t get same prices .

His 3 goals in Europe last season ( one a penalty) must have really caught the eye of Europe’s big guns or maybe it was his goals v Motherwell and St Mirren

He’s worth no where near £30 million, and there’s no stats to back up a counter argument

Morelos has a superior Record in Europe and is continually talked down and rubbished

As for Ajer , I’ll quote Chris Sutton from last season when he said in his commentary when they were playing Livingston ( Ajer has been tossed about like a crisp packet by Lyndon Dykes all game ) he done it in the previous game also , Ajer simply isn’t good enough to be a Celtic centre half

All of a sudden he’s off to Milan for £20 million

North Korea could take lessons off the mentally challengeds in propaganda

Ajer is a haddy. The quoted fees for him are absurd.

Pretending Édouard isn't a top striker though is pointless. They will be hugely weakened if he goes.

He doesn't have the ability to bully defences like Alfie does but if you give him a chance then he will bury it. As he has done against us a few times now.

Ajer is a haddy. The quoted fees for him are absurd.

Pretending Édouard isn't a top striker though is pointless. They will be hugely weakened if he goes.

He doesn't have the ability to bully defences like Alfie does but if you give him a chance then he will bury it. As he has done against us a few times now.

his record in Europe is poor and how can he possibly be worth £30 million for scoring goals in Scottish football

He’s a good player and yes they’d be weakened if he left but £30 million c’mon

I'm sure edouard and ajer both only have 2 years left on their deals, meaning that if they aren't going to sign new ones, they will have to be sold this year to maximise value. Whether the bid for a tainted 9 and a half will have any bearing on what they do remains to be seen. In any other season, they'd be punted in a heartbeat.

It does.

So every time there’s a thread on Celtic can we stop posting “and we say they’re obsessed”.

It’s boring. People are free to click or not click onto any threads they choose.

there’s a big difference between keeping an eye on how your rivals are shaping up and performing and out right obsession .

Celtic fans bombard twitter , newspaper hotlines , their own AGM and the letters page of a Swiss newspaper about rangers . We are nowhere near their levels of obsession

Unless they can get him to sign a new contract they’ll have to cash in at some point this season.

This time next summer he’ll have a year left on his deal and will no doubt sit tight till January and sign a Bosman for big bucks while they get nothing.

Also think if we sell Morelos their mindset will be to get more for Edouard even if it’s £1 more they’ll see that as some kind of victory given the yahoo obsession.

Back