Are we as a club financially equipped to deal with this crisis?

We'll survive but I guess it just depends how long this goes on.

We're only really missing 2-3 months as there's no real income in the summer anyways normally. I think we can ride those 2-3 months and obviously the summer will be accounted for mostly but if it continues much further we could be in bother

This is my main concern. It's great to laugh at others who hate us but are we prepared for this going forward?
I enjoy the Tim's share price plummet but are Dave King and the 3 bears going to re-emerge from this crisis with the same passion to save/re-invigorate the club as they have during the good times. This is a global issue. Almost every single person in the world will see an effect of this.

I sensed even when King gave notice of stepping down last year that he was aware he couldn't indefinitely empty his pockets for the Rangers cause.

And your earlier point re investors, if they have assets sitting as cash prior to financial markets crash, well fine. If not, many would reconsider how they manage / invest their money at this time.

I understand the OP’s concerns & I’m worried too but I think we’ve made the majority of our money from Europe this season which was great.

I would be very concerned if no football was being played come August though & the more season tickets we sell the better for the Club whenever next season kicks off.

I think things will be very tight at the Club regard budget for players & thankfully a few contracts are up which don’t need renewed.
Outside the epl and the so called European giants every club in the world will feel the pinch

Outside the epl and the so called European giants every club in the world will feel the pinch
The epl is heavily reliant on false money. They wont be immune to this crisis. Theres money owed all over the shop for player sales etc. Sponsors wont have the money to shell out. My worry is are we going to be okay?

Re-release all of our dvds digitally and all sorts of miscellaneous stuff.

I'm sure those who can will buy and help the club.

Also Barcelona and real Madrid were recently 1/2 billion in debt. Is this still the case?
I would imagine so and I totally agree. Sky will be losing customers left right and centre now so who knows how this could pan out. My point was in the short term the epl and clubs you mention will survive. Long term it’s up in the air if the smaller clubs fold who knows what might be the repercussions

As we have maximum ST holders, I think we’ll be ok. We won’t be paying appearance fee’s and other bonuses as well as match day costs.

I hate to piss on everyone's parade but I think the vast majority of our "wonderful support" don't care. We allowed our club to be liquidated and some of us can't quite forgive those who never bought season tickets in the "banter" years.

The club has never been liquidated. The company was, and the fans could have done absolutely nothing to stop that happening. The 'vast majority' of our fans stuck by the club buying season tickets to watch terrible football at a very poor low level of the game, they dod this to support there club. You are either at the wind-up or not a fan of Rangers with those comments.

I hate to piss on everyone's parade but I think the vast majority of our "wonderful support" don't care. We allowed our club to be liquidated and some of us can't quite forgive those who never bought season tickets in the "banter" years.
"We let our club be liquidated "...the mantra of every Rangers hating fud in Scotland.

GTF back to your own forum because there's no way you're a Rangers fan spouting that pish.

I dare say every company who pays into football (TV, sponsors etc.) will have lawyers going through deals with a fine toothed comb. Clubs across the globe could find their income massively affected.

If football across Europe is over for the season (which it most likely is), will UEFA split the prize money pot for the Europa League evenly amongst the remaining teams? If so, that could be vital for keeping the club afloat.

I would say we are in a better financial situation than most of the smaller teams but they didn't care about us when we got shunted down to the lower league so my thoughts are only with Rangers.

Re-release all of our dvds digitally and all sorts of miscellaneous stuff.

I'm sure those who can will buy and help the club.

I've been calling on them to do that for a decade. It was mentioned to the media / commercial team years ago and never went anywhere.

We didn’t allow our club to be liquidated. The majority of us renewed our season tickets. Strange post

How are we equipped to deal with this crisis? Every club and in fact every business is going to be hit horrendously hard. Every one of our shareholders has money tied up in stock markets that are plummeting and will only continue to fall. They, like Murray could soon be put in a position to prioritise business / assets over the football club. Even the new investor that was live 2 weeks ago will probably have other priorities.
Hell, we all have new priorities. Every person alive is faced with a new life going forward. This is going to affect us all for a very long time.
We have been chasing the league (as we should have been because no-one could legislate for this) but for being a club happy to overspend to chase it have we again need just a little bit reckless with cash?
So how are we financially?
I know we have no current debt but we did need a cash injection a few weeks ago to last is to the end of the season.
Do we still need this?
If so are we likely to receive it?
Alloa just been told to rake 50% cut.

Many other Clubs be following suit.

The vast majority of us renewed. Want people to blame check the owners over they years and the SFA that withheld money fined us etc. The fans are certainly the last to blame

Worrying times all round. Personally I’ve had a job offer put on ice due to the company’s recruitment freeze so it looks like I’m out of work by the end of this financial year so that’s two season tickets not getting renewed.
Top seats as well so fill your boots whoever is lucky enough to get them!
I’m sure the club will pull through, even if next season starts late and it has to be pay at the gate if season books can’t be sold due to on going uncertainty or punters not being able to afford them.

How are we equipped to deal with this crisis? Every club and in fact every business is going to be hit horrendously hard. Every one of our shareholders has money tied up in stock markets that are plummeting and will only continue to fall. They, like Murray could soon be put in a position to prioritise business / assets over the football club. Even the new investor that was live 2 weeks ago will probably have other priorities.
Hell, we all have new priorities. Every person alive is faced with a new life going forward. This is going to affect us all for a very long time.
We have been chasing the league (as we should have been because no-one could legislate for this) but for being a club happy to overspend to chase it have we again need just a little bit reckless with cash?
So how are we financially?
I know we have no current debt but we did need a cash injection a few weeks ago to last is to the end of the season.
Do we still need this?
If so are we likely to receive it?

I think with ‘this’ going on indefinitely …no one can confidently say they have the answer to this.

Worrying times all round. Personally I’ve had a job offer put on ice due to the company’s recruitment freeze so it looks like I’m out of work by the end of this financial year so that’s two season tickets not getting renewed.
Top seats as well so fill your boots whoever is lucky enough to get them!
I’m sure the club will pull through, even if next season starts late and it has to be pay at the gate if season books can’t be sold due to on going uncertainty or punters not being able to afford them.

That will only happen if someone is willing to provide substantial loans in the not too distant future.

There is no line of credit and the business is working on a cash basis.

For Rangers this is not so much about turnover (which is still vital) as cash flow. When the cash in the bank runs out bills will not be getting paid. There will be very little cash going in just now and going forward if there are no season ticket sales.

Just my opinion but i think that investment may be put on the back burner because of the current situation .

Nobody in their right mind would invest heavily in football right now .

Nobody in their right minds invests in football ever.

You either invest for love or for ego.

I would assume Celtic with their £60 million wage bill might have just as much to worry about as us. Even more so if they have to start paying out lots of compensation in the coming months.

I think after all this , the wage difference between a nurse for example and a footballer will have to become closer , as in nurse 32k a year, top footballer 60k, personally I’d like to see it the other way round! But I think that’s where we are, the days of highly paid superstars can’t return, there will always be a rangers tho!

I would assume Celtic with their £60 million wage bill might have just as much to worry about as us. Even more so if they have to start paying out lots of compensation in the coming months.

Of course they have.

Every club is going to suffer badly.

People who don't realise that and say "we will be fine" really don't understand the issues.

Cash won't be coming in, banks won't be lending money, bills won't be getting paid, insolvency will kick in.

However, and more importantly, this means nothing compared to the lives that have been and will be lost. We are now trying to limit that death toll.

I'd happily pay my season ticket for next season right now, and imagine others would too, if it was guaranteed to carry the club through this crisis.
I appreciate that not every fan is in a position to do so but those than can, probably would. The resilience of Rangers fans is phenomenal.
I was in that boat but then I thought about the potential situation of some family. That £500 could feed a couple of the families for a month should they end up where they might.

I was in that boat but then I thought about the potential situation of some family. That £500 could feed a couple of the families for a month should they end up where they might.

I realise that which is why I said I appreciate not all could do it.

Company was liquidated because HMRC demanded 100 million plus and refused to settle on the actual money we owed! Anyone who put money into the club to try and save it would have lost it. This wasn't a scum or Hearts scenario where a few million kept the doors open. In this scenario a lot of our fans won't be able to afford to eat never mind plough money into the club! Our ability to ride this through will be based on the ability to get additional funding that can be paid back through future gate receipts or sales of players. Before this happened we would have had a plan to get us through March April and May that included revenue from 5 home games and revenue from the away games. Whatever that was is required so probably a couple of million missing? Hopefully the last 16 tie softened that.

Not sure where everyone else on this issue - I haven't ever felt we had a strong base, after 2012 - so am worried, very much, about our future. Expecting with the recent news that we'll be secure - better than most teams in the spfl.

Company was liquidated because HMRC demanded 100 million plus and refused to settle on the actual money we owed! Anyone who put money into the club to try and save it would have lost it. This wasn't a scum or Hearts scenario where a few million kept the doors open. In this scenario a lot of our fans won't be able to afford to eat never mind plough money into the club! Our ability to ride this through will be based on the ability to get additional funding that can be paid back through future gate receipts or sales of players. Before this happened we would have had a plan to get us through March April and May that included revenue from 5 home games and revenue from the away games. Whatever that was is required so probably a couple of million missing? Hopefully the last 16 tie softened that.

Most of the ticket money for they games will be season tickets. Hopefully the savings on the actual costs of staging the games against selling the remaining tickets will even itself out.

season ticket renewals are due out in the next couple of weeks.

I imagine that’s the real test.

We'll be okay to the summer. If the shut down carries on beyond that every club in the land will be making redundancies. If football restarts in the summer transfer budgets will be slashed.
Could be worse though. Another club has a bigger wage bill than us.

Back