Are We As Supporters Got The Guts To Take Less Away Tickets

What a load of shite, literally every word of it.

Firstly, how do we the supporters have the power to take less tickets?

If you're on the cccs scheme you get allocated a ticket. RSC's get allocated x amount depending on what Category they are. You can't pick and choose certain games.

Secondly, how are we getting shat on from all teams?

I fail to see how taking 1k instead of 2k to say Aberdeen effects the SFA? They're the real enemy.

Why can't people that don't go to away games just accept that others love travelling to support the club?

Its only on here you read shit like this.

Last edited:
Couldn’t give a %^*& about other clubs hating us, that comes with the territory. As for the SFA change needs to be forced at board level, unsure if the club is in the process of trying to force this change or not

The club can't force changed at board level when it's us V everyone else on the board. The only way that changes is money imo. We need to stop funding these teams via tickets, as I said Kilmarnock are on course to make £1m from us.

Various SPL teams went several years without having a Rangers away support visit their grounds; none went bust. If people don't feel comfortable handing over their money to teams then they are more than entitled not to go, but the notion that an away boycott would force change or significantly hurt teams in any way seems fanciful at best.

Let's keep it simple.

For years we talked about boycotting away matches once we get back to the top flight.

Couple of days ago on here was a thread boasting of fact we have given Killie about £1 million this season alone.

That worked out well. Not.:rolleyes:

Unfortunately wether you like it or not, away supporters hold the key to change.

Start with artificial pitches, pick a team and boycott them, not everyone is going to do it but even if half do it, it will make sit up and take note.

It might, just might make the Scottish football realise that if you piss us off and don’t play fair we’re going to hurt you.

This isn’t a suggestion it’s just my opinion

Not a chance.

Look all those selfish c*nts who went to Tannadice a few years back.

A shower of bastards for going.

If I remember right there was only a couple thousand fans if even that many, whatever it was it was less than half of of normal attendance.

Once others see that there’s a boycott others will.

It took a while for most fans to boycott fat mans stores

It has always seemed quite simple for me.

Target one club for the two league games in a season.

Give them in advance the reason why they're being targeted and send out the message it will be another club of our choice who get the same treatment next season.

If I remember right there was only a couple thousand fans if even that many, whatever it was it was less than half of of normal attendance.

Once others see that there’s a boycott others will.

It took a while for most fans to boycott fat mans stores

It was about 600-800 mate.

We’re getting shat on from all Teams, plus Liewells Puppets, why on God’s name are we as a Support not taking action of our own against these Rabid Scum as the Club will do nothing, but be quiet dignified Presbyterians. We’ve got the ability to bring other teams to task, and let THEM pressurise the Corrupt SFA by not taking as many Away Tickets. We have the power to Stand Up For Our Club, if not be willing to accept all the shit that will come our way from the Republican Brigade!
I never take away tickets and I am proud of the fact that the people who put us in this position will not benefit from me, would you give money to someone who tried to destroy your family, think about it.

Not a chance.

Look all those selfish c*nts who went to Tannadice a few years back.

A shower of bastards for going.

To be fair guv, there was only a smattering (still wrong) as opposed to the thousands who didn't go.

Target a certain team is the way to go.

But it should (IMO) be league games.

We get a 50/50 cut of the cup ties.

If Rangers requested less tickets the clubs would just sell direct to our fans.

Will never work.
They may well do, as for me I've come to dislike intensely the fact that bears fund these bastards and when I know one that goes away I tend to give them a body swerve.

I don't get why some seem to think that clubs would go to the wall if we boycotted their grounds a few times. How successful was that 2012-2016?

It’s not about them going to the wall though that would be nice. It will hurt them in the pocket.

It’s experimental, worth a shot

I’ve never met anyone that goes away agree with nonsense like this

I'd suggest that, typically, it's folk who don't go to away matches agitating from the side lines thinking they can see the fabled "bigger picture" harped on about.

IMO, IF the club cut a % of allocation asked for then avid supporters would buy for the home end so no real difference would be made.

Fs the club put out an official boycott and some self important twats still went.

We put millions into our enemies every year.
We have power to change the way we are treated but we won’t as it’s not staunch

Our support has been through hell since 2012,we have a sniff of a league title and we want to stop supporters going to vital games to support the team.that would be cutting of our noses.I want a packed Rangers end rubbing the haters noses in it when we win.that pisses off our haters more than any boycott

We weren't playing these teams for 4 years ,they will all fold without the blue £ ,not 1 of them did ,yes maybe they had to cut there cloth they are still all playing football though ,
4 of them actually cut our allocation for league games in recent years Aberdeen ,Hearts , Hibs and Celtic

It has always seemed quite simple for me.

Target one club for the two league games in a season.

Give them in advance the reason why they're being targeted and send out the message it will be another club of our choice who get the same treatment next season.
Yip but we won't. We do need to do something re the pollution of filth

Last edited:
We’re getting shat on from all Teams, plus Liewells Puppets, why on God’s name are we as a Support not taking action of our own against these Rabid Scum as the Club will do nothing, but be quiet dignified Presbyterians. We’ve got the ability to bring other teams to task, and let THEM pressurise the Corrupt SFA by not taking as many Away Tickets. We have the power to Stand Up For Our Club, if not be willing to accept all the shit that will come our way from the Republican Brigade!
A boycott would harm the team.

No chance, look at the shite hurled about when the poets allocation was cut. The "I'm pure staunch, no missed a game for 173 years" attitude needs to end.

Why does it need to end?

Why is it not the ‘lets act all offended by everything and try to impose a self righteous boycott on everybody wanting to watch their team’ attitude that instead needs to change?

Since the day those cant's tried to murder my club I have never set foot in any of their grounds, I refuse to give them my money under any circumstances, but this is my choice and no one else, I must admit I did not think that we as a fan base could hand over close to or over £1Mil. to a mob like Kilmarnock?

Couldn’t agree more mate,but sadly look at some of the replies to this post,some of our support seem to think they are some kind of Uber fan because “I never miss an away game “ mentality.Lets face it a lot of them use away games as an excuse to go in the piss all day and make arses of themselves.If we don’t try we will never know how cutting other clubs take of the Blue Pound will damage them,I’m sure they won’t be long screaming their heads off that we are discriminating against them.Ive been a Rangers man all of my 72 years,a privilege my parents bestowed on me.Im trying hard not to get a ban from here so I better not say what I think of the surrender monkeys on here who don’t have the balls for a fight to stand up for our club.Changed days indeed,first two replies to your thread mate sums up what we are up against with our so called own never mind our enemies.
Rant over.NO SURRENDER !!!!!

Now I’ve not been to an away game for a number of years now, but it’s amazing the number of far flung fans who are attacking the choice of fans how they spend their own money.
There are guys who go everywhere to watch Rangers, it’s their life, getting called staunch and a load of other crap patter.
Guys who attend Ibrox half a dozen times a season.
There are many types of Rangers fans, just because there choice is different from yours does not make it wrong.
Rangers Football Club need to sort this, through dialogue or nuclear option, hopefully we will find out which.

I'd love to know how taking no tickets for away games involving clubs who have their own acknowledged and ongoing issues with the SFA is going to help anyone.

This issue goes beyond Rangers. The SFA's approval rating amongst every fan in the country must be close to zero. It's actually the one thing that every fan in the country can agree upon.

Collective action against the SFA - involving every club in the country (gulp) - would actually make more of a difference than individual protests from clubs. Given the chances of that are also close to zero, they're allowed to carry on in their inept and inconsistent way because they know full well no one in Scotland has the appetite for any kind of united action.

Are you actually kidding me on ffs????? Where have you been the last 6 years?!

Couldn’t agree more mate,but sadly look at some of the replies to this post,some of our support seem to think they are some kind of Uber fan because “I never miss an away game “ mentality.Lets face it a lot of them use away games as an excuse to go in the piss all day and make arses of themselves.If we don’t try we will never know how cutting other clubs take of the Blue Pound will damage them,I’m sure they won’t be long screaming their heads off that we are discriminating against them.Ive been a Rangers man all of my 72 years,a privilege my parents bestowed on me.Im trying hard not to get a ban from here so I better not say what I think of the surrender monkeys on here who don’t have the balls for a fight to stand up for our club.Changed days indeed,first two replies to your thread mate sums up what we are up against with our so called own never mind our enemies.
We use away days as a piss up? We travel all over the county support our team what a narrow minded view

Last edited:
You can’t get our fans to stop shopping in Sports Direct, buying the Daily Record or listening to Radio Clyde so good luck with anything else.

It must bean age thing I’m not far behind you, with age comes wisdom.

Since the day those cant's tried to murder my club I have never set foot in any of their grounds, I refuse to give them my money under any circumstances, but this is my choice and no one else, I must admit I did not think that we as a fan base could hand over close to or over £1Mil. to a mob like Kilmarnock?

My position exactly. I wish more of our fans would do the same, but that's an individual decision.

Let's not kid ourselves with this, Scottish football needs our money. I'm happy to watch my team on RTV when they're away from home, I'm happy for Rangers to get my money.

I don't feel any less of a fan because I only go to Ibrox, nor should anyone else.

I haven't been to an away for decades so I do not have the right to tell or ask supporters to refuse tickets,If there was some sort of organised club for Bears who travel and they could have a democratic vote on it then it could happen but it's up to them.

I’ve not been to an away game since we got back into the top flight. It was my choice I made but I’d hate it if Rangers had no or very little fans at games. I’ve had my day 30 years travelling everywhere let the young ones coming up sample the great days most of a certain age have.

I stopped going to away games a few years ago.Thats my choice and im not gonna preach to others not to go.
On the issue of uber staunchness, there are and have always been, some fans that are only interested in being seen to be staunch.Seen it myself for years traveling all over europe, fans who go to games and pay little attention to the actual match but "I was there" mentality exists in some.
The bigger fight is with the sfa and the whole of Scottish football needs to realise this imo

We as a support on this Forum constantly "Call the Board out" for in action. The only way the SPFL/SFA will take notice, is for ALL of out Loyal support to "BOYCOTT" all away grounds in Scotland. It is the only way the authorities and clubs will understand..Enough is Enough... ALL of you parasites started this, now reap what you have sown!!

Back