Are we expecting the Gaffer to pull a Rabbit out of the hat?

Marquee Signing?

• Yes

Votes: 266 32.2%
  • No

Votes: 561 67.8%

• Total voters
We need a striker.

We know it, Gerrard knows it, and the club will back him because with the run-in, extra firepower could be the difference between sealing the league and just missing out.

We won’t take that gamble.

Expect something on deadline day. Likely a loan from the EPL.

Nope, I can’t see us spending big in January after paying 7 million for Kent in the summer.

I hope we bring at least 1 in preferably a midfielder who can also play in one of the wide 10 positions where required but I doubt we will get anyone in

I think we will bring someone in before the window shuts but voted no as cant see it being a marquee signing like Kent or Davis in the previous windows.

Doubt it. Not much value in January and unlikely a real quality player is coming up here to be a third choice striker or the like.

why do they need to be coming here as third choice?

1st choice is unlikely but we need a back-up to Morelos who fits our system much better than Defoe.

I don't think we'll get anyone in. It's going just about as well as we could have hoped so far, and we already have a bloated squad.

Can't see it. Don't see the point in bringing in squad players either when we have young guys playing superbly for the reserves. Give them a chance.

Would like to see another striker but can't see any of decent quality willing to be a third choice. Other than that I'm failry comfortable with what we have.

Yes squad is to big, but strength in depth full backs needed, 1 midfielder needed and back up striker.
If only. Still if we dont get any, we're still good enough to win this league, poet refs excepted.

I’d be surprised if we didn’t sign anyone, but don’t think it will be a major signing. Just something to bolster the squad.

I think he’s maybe has two choices. Sell Morelos and get money to reinvest or keep the squad the same and wait till the summer. I honestly don’t think we need to sign someone just for the sake of it.

If we get anyone it will be a player in their twilight years and he will be on loan for a couple of years

Got a feeling we'll get a big(gish) name in on the last few days, Frank de Boer style.

It helps that we're still in Europe, it's a lure for players.

Our squad is in reasonable shape.

Only issue is Morelos. We struggle without and I’d worry if we had to rely on Defoe leading the line for an extended run of matches.

Plus Morelos will get suspended again. Make no mistake of that!

I’d like to see us bring in another striker who fits our system better than Defoe - not third choice (that should be Defoe imo).

Can't see it being honest. Would hope for someone that could play wide right but could fill in as a striker if Morelos and Defoe were unavailable. Cover for Barisic if I was being greedy. Happy with the way the board supported Gerrard in summer so have to be realistic

Given the lengths the BBC,the bheasts and the press will be going to,to get Morelos suspended as much as humanly possible,I fully expect a striker to come in.Whether it's a loan or permanent,well time will tell.I fully expect Gerard to be all too well aware of this and it's for this reason I believe we will get somebody in.Too much at stake this season to think otherwise.

Depends how much money there is.

I think we need to get someone in who will help with goals but honestly, I think we’ll make do with what we have.

It’s a very hard sell to both the player and parent club to bring a loan striker in to be third choice

I'm pretty sure Gerrard has said previously if enough players go then we might see one come in. He also said Kent wasn't happening all the way until it did happen, so what he says isn't always true.

I think you should always try to make at least one January signing to keep players on their toes and fan morale high because the team is never good enough, but at the same time we need to make sure the player we sign isn't a dud. It's not an easy window to get quality players in.

Most new players take time to adapt to/cope with playing for Rangers so you won’t get the best out of them until the following season - for example Borna. Also the January window is a difficult one in which to get value. If we don’t lose any of our stars we shouldn’t bring in anyone major until the summer. The current squad can bring 55.

Always said I think we need at least 2.. I would hate to see us fall short because of a lack of depth. We are against 12 men every game and you can be sure we will have a few injuries and suspensions.

But given lack of rumours, I'm not sure there is much going on and think we are going with what we have.

I'm concerned at the squad just now compared with Celtic. I think we lack goals from wide areas and midfield. Ultra reliant on Defoe and morelos for me.

I think aribo is good but I'd have a slight worry if hes the only right sided option we can trust. Barker and ojo wont do it.

I think we need 1 or 2 to push for the title

We will sign someone. We need too. An injury to one of our strikers puts us in a very difficult place. A small investment at this stage could be what wins us the league.

Dont see us making a big signing. If anything i imagine it would be squad player to possibly challenge next season unless we lose a big player

I'm concerned at the squad just now compared with Celtic. I think we lack goals from wide areas and midfield. Ultra reliant on Defoe and morelos for me.

I think aribo is good but I'd have a slight worry if hes the only right sided option we can trust. Barker and ojo wont do it.

I think we need 1 or 2 to push for the title

I'm sure there was something posted on here recently that showed they rely on Eduoard more than we relied on Morelos actually. We spread our goals around more surprisingly.

Back