Are we expecting the Gaffer to pull a Rabbit out of the hat?

Marquee Signing?

• Yes

Votes: 266 32.2%
  • No

Votes: 561 67.8%

• Total voters
Kent?? Literally last minute.
I think Kent is slightly different, firstly he had already spent the season in the team, so was up to speed with how we play, and of course Liverpool held out for a bigger pay day, but it didn’t appear, and so Ryan got his desired move.

I think if more go we might get one in. Doc and Polster could still go.

Last edited:
Everyone knows he has said he is happy with what he has at the moment so I'm not expecting any big signings. Prepared to be pleasantly surprised right enough :)

Highly doubt it , a big name would have to depart prior to any ‘marquee ‘signing and SG has said that none of the big guns are for sale in this window

Not expecting anyone to be signed this window.

If it happens then will see it as a bonus.

I think Kent is slightly different, firstly he had already spent the season in the team, so was up to speed with how we play, and of course Liverpool held out for a bigger pay day, but it didn’t appear, and so Ryan got his desired move.
I know mate. I was just mucking around :)

If there's a rumour there might be 2 in, you can bet they're working on getting 2 out (on loan or however else) - not sure making the squad bigger is helpful just now.

No. If we’d wanted someone, our m.o. is to do business as early as possible. Only foreseeable exception would be a Kamara deal if we sign someone on a pre contract and then do a cheap deal to get him in early.

I think we need another option up front and possibly a midfielder with a bit more creativity if we play Defoe in games.

...before the end of the window?

I know he’s played down bringing anyone in but last year we got Davis and Defoe.

I’m still hopeful of a big, season defining signing.

Voted no based on the word marquee. I think someone could come in but I don't see it being anyone we will be initially excited about like Defoe and Davis last year.

To be honest can't see anyone coming in.

Still think we might allow a couple more to go, if that happens then maybe 1 in.

Don't think there's any chance of it given our outlay on Helander and Kent in the summer. We're entering a new era where we won't be relying on Directors paying in millions to get us competitive again so I'd imagine the funds aren't there.

We’re in a great position to win the league but if any of our top players get injured/suspended we could be in trouble. I think we need a couple in.

Unfortunately can’t see us getting anyone , even on loan , who will improve the team or enhance the bench.

I can’t see anyone coming in. I think he is happy with his squad. Not unless someone is leaving.....
No manager should ever be happy with his squad.
They should always be looking to improve.
I‘m sure Gerrard would agree as he’ll be no different.
Its not as if we don’t have improvement in us.

We are in a position where we don't have to make signings in this window unless one of our top players is sold. To me this shows that our squad has been significantly improved over the last 12 months.
When everyone is fit, we have a first 11 that almost picks itself and is good enough to win 55. Of course it would be nice to bring in another quality addition or two, just in case, as we have a busy schedule, but I'm not too concerned.

Back