Are we going to hear from the club?

sammy1872

It’s been 8 days since the EGM and we haven’t heard a thing about what the next steps are. Some people will begin to think we have decided not to Pursue it any further. If that’s the case the club need to go public and say that Cos most are expecting action.

are the club going to the pass any comment on the decision to hand that lot the title. If they choose not to many will be unhappy and after all the positive PR steps recently simply passing no comment would look like a return to dignified silence. I hope the club are going to pass comment on both issues but at the moment I’m not holding my breath

I think the public speaking should be over now we tried to get clubs to vote with us that failed now we have no reason to be in the public domain talking about our next move it’s time for moves to be made behind closed doors on QC advice and give the spfl little room for manoeuvre when our actions are brought forward let them keep digging that hole ie (changing league vote requirements to cater reconstruction)

I don’t think we will have the club commenting on that lot getting the league as if they do it will be “look at them and their sour grapes”I think we’ll wait and see what hearts do in particular as they are the ones most effected by the decision on Monday.the league was gone the second the resolution vote past.

I'd rather the club takes it's time instead of putting out nothing statements just to appease the fans.

Patience is a virtue.

Although I agree with the @Moreloslaces , I think this is the end of it.

I truly feel for our directors (plc) and PR team, we are seriously up against it here.
The perceived ITK posters don't do the board any favours by setting expectations amongst the fans.

It was intimated that the club would take this all the way and was following a process (ie, EGM, SFA, Court)

That might be the plan but you can understand the fans looking for an update from the club after the press telling us about all SPFL clubs unanimously voting for the season to end.

I think it all hinges on what transpires with Hearts, they get reconstruction we know they will take that bribe and settle. Other clubs might still be interested in taking them to court as long as Rangers are involved. Things is are we interested?

I don’t think we will have the club commenting on that lot getting the league as if they do it will be “look at them and their sour grapes”I think we’ll wait and see what hearts do in particular as they are the ones most effected by the decision on Monday.the league was gone the second the resolution vote past.
Agree with this. Hearts are the key at the moment - if they are bought off with some sort of reconstruction allowing them to stay up there would surely be grounds to challenge the SPFL in that no team was made worse off because of the crisis but it was seemingly acceptable for other teams to benefit from it. The fairest outcome is for no winners and no losers because of this external factor. Comes down to the incomplete season scenario across all leagues.

I agree mate and if Doncaster throws the rule book out of the window again, then that's the time to strike.

It’s been 8 days since the EGM and we haven’t heard a thing about what the next steps are. Some people will begin to think we have decided not to Pursue it any further. If that’s the case the club need to go public and say that Cos most are expecting action.

are the club going to the pass any comment on the decision to hand that lot the title. If they choose not to many will be unhappy and after all the positive PR steps recently simply passing no comment would look like a return to dignified silence. I hope the club are going to pass comment on both issues but at the moment I’m not holding my breath

Is that what you think?

'some people' and 'cos most are expecting action' 'many will be unhappy'

Should you not be off celebrating 8.75 in a row?

I think it all hinges on what transpires with Hearts, they get reconstruction we know they will take that bribe and settle. Other clubs might still be interested in taking them to court as long as Rangers are involved. Things is are we interested?
Think it's a fair bet that's what Budge has set her sights on. I think it was always going to be the case anyway that we'd have to take this on ourselves. If they are quite happy getting scraps from the table thrown at them,then we're better off without them. Inverness had more clout.

We've said all we can say about it. I'm happy with what we've done, but unless Hearts or Partick take legal action I don't think there's much left to be done.

I truly feel for our directors (plc) and PR team, we are seriously up against it here.

Said it from the start we are farting against thunder . We’ve gone about everything correctly and have shone a massive spotlight on the people running our game and their incompetence and abuse of power for one clubs benefit . Their days of the past ten years or more just doing things as they please without challenge are over .

The next steps will be to keep the pressure on , it’s a case of slowly slowly catchy monkey and we will have to be patient . They won’t enjoy having to operate under scrutiny . It would be been nice to have taken a body , preferably three, Doncaster, Mackenzie and the old bitter bastard mclellan . But their days are numbered . It will be crucial to have input into who replaces them .

Said it from the start we are farting against thunder . We’ve gone about everything correctly and have shone a massive spotlight on the people running our game and their incompetence and abuse of power for one clubs benefit . Their days of the past ten years or more just doing things as they please without challenge are over .

The next steps will be to keep the pressure on , it’s a case of slowly slowly catchy monkey and we will have to be patient . They won’t enjoy having to operate under scrutiny . It would be been nice to have taken a body , preferably three, Doncaster, Mackenzie and the old bitter bastard mclellan . But their days are numbered . It will be crucial to have input into who replaces them .
Clubs seem happy to go along with it, corruption or not, so they can get their pieces of silver. When that type of thing happens, you're pissing in the wind.

Shows all these clubs up for what they really are. Corruption? We don't care, we just want our money.

NO

Our Club has had its pants taken down and spanked in public for speaking out of turn

The fact that we are hoping / relying on the like of Hearts Plastic Whistle and Stranraer is actually quite embarrassing and shows just how weak we really are.

When so called "Rangers Men" in the media spend more time praising the scum in the cheating success and we get more "support" from ex scum players like peace process and champagne charlie you know that things are well out of tilt !!

i.m.h.o.

I must admit I was expecting some reassurance at the very least. If anything just to stop people going mental and insisting we’ve conceded defeat.

I'm hoping it's playing your cards close to your chest can't tell us until it's done. If not onwards through the corruption and biased ref's and team's that only make an effort when we turn up to our 55 th title. No surrender

Hearts will do fu¢k all mate, their resolution passes everything will be hunky Dory and we will be the only team screwed over.

don’t know

Last statement was that the status quo was not an option so we must be working away in the background. Can’t see us just accepting this with the amount of blatant corruption involved but wary that things might take time and we can’t just release pointless statements to keep everyone happy.

Is there any need? It's not really the club's fault if people need drip fed stuff every day to be convinced there's work going on in the background.

I don't think that's what this thread and other conversations I've seen are really about. I think it's about trust. We've been from pillar to post over the best part of a decade. As a support we've been there unconditionally every step of the way. Also as a support we've been custard pied a few times too. We're not glory hunters, but we are a demanding support who expect success... however the longer shit like this goes on - the status quo - without us being able to disrupt it off the park and without us challenging successfully on the park... the board run the risk of people losing faith in them to restore us to the top in Scotland. They also run the risk of being taken less and less seriously by the other players in the game up here.

So, by making it known... drip feeding it... however you want to describe it... that we're not done yet, wouldn't be the most stupid thing in the world for the board to do, IMHO.

As somebody mentioned earlier if we had said anything over the last few days we would have been accused of pissing on their parade, while the reconstruction talks are ongoing we would be accused of trying to derail them but in a week or so I would expect the board to make another move, anything less and they will have let us down, you cannot make reference to not allowing the status quo to carry on without backing it up!

I really dont see a way out of this. If around 30 clubs are willing to sit back and allow lies amd corruption to go on then how do we go on from here. What action is open to us?
I do think the club at lease need to come out and tell the fans that they are ether going to accept it or are they going to fight this down another route.
unfortunatly for our Directors they have inherrited a 20 year problem caused by SDm and his chums where by they stood back and kept a dignified silence while they loaded their placemen into positions of power.
Breaking this web down will not be easy and be done overnight.

Not sure we will hear anything soon if at all.

Doncaster and co are untouchable at this moment not really much that can be done unless we have something going on in the background. I doubt we have and this will be forgotten about.

I think this battle was well and truly lost. The war rages on. How that pans out is anyone's guess.

The board will come in for criticism and rightly so, you can't come out and demand people be suspended and make other comments about 'not being found wanting' if you can't follow it through.

Hopefully we can get rid of these guys in the future but cant see that happening anytime soon.

I really dont see a way out of this. If around 30 clubs are willing to sit back and allow lies amd corruption to go on then how do we go on from here. What action is open to us?
I do think the club at lease need to come out and tell the fans that they are ether going to accept it or are they going to fight this down another route.
unfortunatly for our Directors they have inherrited a 20 year problem caused by SDm and his chums where by they stood back and kept a dignified silence while they loaded their placemen into positions of power.
Breaking this web down will not be easy and be done overnight.

Rangers have done our bit to cleanse Scottish football. 3 from 4 top clubs in the country and more than 30 % of member clubs voted for an investigation into the corrupt SPFL. The rest don't care.

I hope the club are doing their work in the background with a view to bringing down the corrupt cabal. We are a major player and we need to use our influence to make the Scottish game fairer with 100% integrity. Its a farce as of now and to do nothing is agreeing to such.

Perhaps there is just nothing more we can do legally? That doesn't mean we have to give in. We should be concentrating on the out and out cheating from referees in the last two years. If we don't we can expect the same next year. That being the case it will be impossible to get to 55. (This is just my opinion and I am not looking to upset anyone. )

Back