Are we much better off now than from when Warburton left?

Are we much better off now than from when Warburton left?

• Yes

Votes: 246 60.6%
  • No

Votes: 160 39.4%

• Total voters

gizmico1986

Having a difference of opinion with my brother regarding this. He feels there isn’t a lot of difference and I’m of the opinion that despite recent results we have got a much stronger squad and are in a much better place than when MW left us.

Yes and no. Defensively I think we are just as bad, if not worse. We had a period this year where it didn't feel like we were shitting ourselves every time the other team came forward or had a set piece. Now it's gone back to the that and I have to turn away sometimes because you know defensively we are criminal.

Going forward we have more end product than Warburton ever managed, but still no where near the level required to win leagues. 15 corners yesterday and I can't recall a shot on goal as a result - perhaps I missed it?

The squad is infinitely stronger. Not strong enough but nothing like when we returned to the SPL. It's just mental to imagine otherwise.

Better off? Yes.

By much? No.

By as much as we should be, bearing in mind Warburton’s disastrous summer transfer window when he recruited the likes of Barton and Kranjcar? Definitely not.

Player for player, yes. Particularly if you look at the midfield.

Still got a central defence that needs sorting out.

Yes. Our squad is better than under Warburton. Allen also looks like an upgrade on the best in the business. The problem is that we haven’t got a better manager than Warburton.

I have to say we are.

Take a few performances out the equation. We have more points, scored more goals and have a better squad.

The biggest frustration is the current squad are underperforming so in theory we should be doing better.

The right man manager with proper coaching would work wonders with this group.

Yes. Our squad is better than under Warburton. Allen also looks like an upgrade on the best in the business. The problem is that we haven’t got a better manager than Warburton.

If Warburton has this squad of players to choose from, we’d be in a better position. However, we wouldn’t have this team with Warburton, we’d still have Rob Kiernan playing in central defence.

We are better but not by nearly as much as we should be for the money invested.

Is the right answer

The club is in better shape financially, the stadium has had a fair amount of much needed care and attention, our corporate activities in sponsorship and merchandising deals are vastly improved, the spivs grip on the club grows weaker by the day and is set to weaken still further with the share issue, and the team is better.

Our biggest problem is the shite, shite, shite management of the first team that we have self inflicted on ourselves.

If we sort that out pronto, with an actual manager, things will rapidly improve in the park as well

Yes and no. Defensively I think we are just as bad, if not worse. We had a period this year where it didn't feel like we were shitting ourselves every time the other team came forward or had a set piece. Now it's gone back to the that and I have to turn away sometimes because you know defensively we are criminal.

Going forward we have more end product than Warburton ever managed, but still no where near the level required to win leagues. 15 corners yesterday and I can't recall a shot on goal as a result - perhaps I missed it?
The corners are beyond a joke. Almost as bad as under Warburton

slightly better off

last season we finished with 67 points/ the poets had 106 and aberdeen 76

this season (4 to play) we are 65/ the poets are 75 and aberdeen are 65

so even if we won our last 4 games we'd be on a par with what aberdeen achieved last season, pretty pathetic

We have better individual players in my opinion. A proper manager would have got so much more out this squad and also wouldn't have squandered the budget on players like Pena. It's a season of what could have been which is extremely frustrating.

are we better off yes
are we better off for the money and more importantly time spent - an emphatic no its been a complete waste of time

To me it's a tough one if Warburton had wanted to be here and had being given the same money as Pedro would we be better

Its really all ifs and buts simple fact is we are a better side but by not by much the glaring issue is we need the majority of our budget this v spent on two strong and pacey defenders

Its a bit like the first 5-1 against them if mw had played it right not so attack minded with nico and Barton would their confidence have been boosted that they went on the run they did

To many bad choices from boardroom to pitch have cost us

Player quality is bloody miles better.

Warburtons team probably didnt over or under achieve.

The first 11 we have dropping 21 points at home is utterly mental.

However, half the squad are not good enough and need replaced this summer, much of the first 11 becoming squad players next year.

I think our fitness and pre match warm ups seemed better,seemed to last the pace,whereas now we seem to drop off the pace too often.​

The squad is massively improved but it's been managed and coached by a succession of idiots since Warburton left.

Not really, despite having Warburton, Caixinha, and Murty, our team has still has no real spine - albeit through the Barton saga, Alves never really kicking into gear, and Rossiter and Jack... We still don’t have a solid pair of CBs or a henchman in midfield.

Marginally better but a million miles away from where we should be relative to what we’ve spent.

I’m sure we’d have been challenging for the league by now though if the magic snake and the best in the business were still pulling the strings, such were the magnificent bargains they were able to find.

We certainly have a stronger squad, although not relative to the fees and wages paid.

We should have been closer to the top than we are and it boils down, in the main, to poor Managerial appointments.

This team on it's day would batter Warburton's side.

We might not be much better off points wise but bulleting Warburton was the correct decision. He was taking us absolutely nowhere.

Worth remembering also that this team have won away at Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen, games where Warburton's sides generally crumbled. Also taken two draws from the piggery where Warburton set us up to be annihilated, although the same also just happened with this side I suppose.

All in all, marginally better but with far more to build on now.

If we’ve improved it’s been so negligible as to have felt like standing still.

That’s the real crime here.

Over a year on from Warburton’s departure and we took a step back with Caixinha, made a horrible mess of trying to replace him with McInnes, then when that fell through promoted the youth team coach and simply hoped for the best.

Had we not taken leave of our senses when appointing the Portuguese imposter and instead given the job to someone with a proper pedigree, I would have expected us to be much further on.

To put it in the simplest terms, we’ve completely wasted an entire season.

Better by a smidge but not much.

Warburton had to go, he wasn't the answer no matter how bad Pedro/Murty have been.

You can have 2 crap managers in a row, same way you could have 2 mental birds in a row or 2 shit jobs.

Pedro being a disaster doesn't legitimise folk that backed Warburton to the death, it's a wafer thin argument that in the grand scheme of things doesn't really matter.

No. We have better players but poorer management of them. Warburtons players also have a resale value, usually more than he paid. Wes, Tav, Windass. Bates would have had too.

Dorrans, Pena, Herrera, Alves have no resale value.

Better by a smidge but not much.

Warburton had to go, he wasn't the answer no matter how bad Pedro/Murty have been.

You can have 2 crap managers in a row, same way you could have 2 mental birds in a row or 2 shit jobs.

Pedro being a disaster doesn't legitimise folk that backed Warburton to the death, it's a wafer thin argument that in the grand scheme of things doesn't really matter.

It was off the field issues that did for Warburton.

Better, yes, but I don’t think it’s relevant how much better we are than Warburton’s team. That’s a very low bar to set.

We’re still at least 10 players away from having a squad capable of mounting a challenge. That was the case under Warburton and that remains the case today.

No. We have better players but poorer management of them. Warburtons players also have a resale value, usually more than he paid. Wes, Tav, Windass. Bates would have had too.

Dorrans, Pena, Herrera, Alves have no resale value.
Senderos, Keirnan, Holt, Halliday, Crooks, Forrester, O'Halloran, Garner, Barton, Dodoo, Kranjcar, Hodson, Gostomski.

The majority of his signings were turkeys.

Both had shit signings and good signings.

You always get shit signings when overhauling a team. Aslong as we keep the good ones and get rid of the shit ones, we'll soon be at a point where we are only buying a few players each transfer window, hopefully good quality ones.

Both had shit signings and good signings.

You always get shit signings when overhauling a team. Aslong as we keep the good ones and get rid of the shit ones, we'll soon be at a point where we are only buying a few players each transfer window, hopefully good quality ones.
I think that was always going to be key. You can't just replace a whole squad when a season doesn't go your way, especially with our finances, which is what people seem to be crying out for again. Wes needs to go, Tav isn't good enough, neither is Candeias, Windass is shit, Dorrans is gash, Alves is rancid, Jack isn't getting in the team either, Morelos should be sold, Cummings isn't good enough, Pena needs to be sold to a cartel as a drug mule and throw Herrera in for free. Then all of Warburton's remaining guff. And Miller and Wallace too. Get rid of them and bring in 20 new players, that'll do it.

It needs to be gradual, a couple of quality signings per window

Is the right answer

The club is in better shape financially, the stadium has had a fair amount of much needed care and attention, our corporate activities in sponsorship and merchandising deals are vastly improved, the spivs grip on the club grows weaker by the day and is set to weaken still further with the share issue, and the team is better.

Our biggest problem is the shite, shite, shite management of the first team that we have self inflicted on ourselves.

If we sort that out pronto, with an actual manager, things will rapidly improve in the park as well
Summed up perfectly. I think some people base their opinion purely on a result against the harbourers. “We beat them in the cup under him but lost heavily last week so we’ve went backwards if anything”

The answer is yes now end the thread!!!

It’s completely disagree.

We’re worse off overall.

We’re 18 months on. Time is valuable. Every single second since he left has been wasted on Pedro and Murty.

The squad might be stronger but equally we’ve spend huge sums (by our standards) in that time and we are hamstrung by contracts for the two Mexicans and Dalcio that we can’t end when we want to.

We have also accrued a number of others like Alves and Cardoso who are contributing the square root of feck all to the team and haven’t moved on players like Hodson, O’Halloran and Forrester who are nothing other than a drain on wages.

We’ve lost our two best centre halfs this season in Wilson and Bates.

Our staff field situation is only improved by what appears to be a decent appointment in Mark Allen (given his January dealings - it seems confirmed Martin was a Murty pick so he’s excused that one) but we still have Stewart Robertson making a cods ears of everything he touches.

Taking EVERYTHING into account we’re not better off simply by having a slightly improved first XI (which is still failing to be further into 2nd that we generally were) having wasted millions and the best part of two seasons.

I assumed the op meant better off on pitch team wise?
We are better of simple as that even though we should be doing a lot a better.
The point is if warbs was still in charge we would be a lot worse off.

Back