Are we much better off now than from when Warburton left?

Are we much better off now than from when Warburton left?

• Yes

Votes: 246 60.6%
  • No

Votes: 160 39.4%

• Total voters
100% we are.

We have sellable assets for the first time in god knows how long (Lewis Macleod aside).

We have some very capable players with potential. I'm sure we are only a decent manager away from winning the league alongside 3/4 new signings.

We would still be battling for the title if we had a Neil Warnock/Steve Clark in charge since August or even October.

100% we are.

We have sellable assets for the first time in god knows how long (Lewis Macleod aside).

We have some very capable players with potential. I'm sure we are only a decent manager away from winning the league alongside 3/4 new signings.

We would still be battling for the title if we had a Neil Warnock/Steve Clark in charge since August or even October.

A lot of our sellable assets were signed by Warburton for next to nothing.

Better, but not by any significant amount. Points tally shows that between this season and the last with the same matches played. We definitely haven't seen a good return on investment so far, hence the requirement for more investment this summer with another major overhaul of players likely to come.

If our team that beat the bheasts in the Scottish Cup Semi Final played our team that just beat Hearts:

Fod, Tav, Wallace, Kiernan, Wilson, Ball, Halliday, Zelalem, McKay, Miller, Clark
vs
Alnwick, Tav, John, McCrorie, Martin, Halliday, Dorrans, Windass, Murphy, Candeias, Cummings

I think it would probably be a close game.

We have better individuals now but less of a settled, established team than we had in Season 2015/16.

Whereas under MW we tried to walk the ball in we kept the ball better than we do now and our attacking tactics now generally involve us just spamming crosses into the box hoping we score from one.

We have a much better squad, the similarity is that we have a mediocre manager. A good manager comes in and he gets more out of the players we have at the moment. If a good manager had come in and had to work with Warburton's squad then he still would have struggled.

We have better players. A good manger could get us playing better. Two quality centre halfs would put us in a much bettet position imho.

Agree with people mentioning the spine needing improvement. For the money wasted this season we could have bought a decent centre back or maybe two. Fairly unglamorous positions to most compared to wingers and centre forwards but to me the most crucial positions in the team imo.

For re-sale value, the Caixinha signing of Alfredo Morelos beats anything Warburton brought in.

Did Warburton set up the youth system that we have just now? The U20's have been excellent this year.

Player personnel is better. I don't think there's any doubt about that.

With a strong manager, a good cleansing of the deadwood in the squad and 3 or 4 quality additions I think we'll be challenging next season.

I think there is a few bad eggs lingering in that dressing room, acting like RFC owe them something.

Hopefully an experienced manager can sort it out this summer.

If our team that beat the bheasts in the Scottish Cup Semi Final played our team that just beat Hearts:

Fod, Tav, Wallace, Kiernan, Wilson, Ball, Halliday, Zelalem, McKay, Miller, Clark
vs
Alnwick, Tav, John, McCrorie, Martin, Halliday, Dorrans, Windass, Murphy, Candeias, Cummings

I think it would probably be a close game.

We have better individuals now but less of a settled, established team than we had in Season 2015/16.

Whereas under MW we tried to walk the ball in we kept the ball better than we do now and our attacking tactics now generally involve us just spamming crosses into the box hoping we score from one.

Strange as it may seem I'd argue that MW's lot had more belief in themselves & consequently had more confidence
I know it didn't always help - but I think our current team are capable of much much more but are hampered by similarly poor tactics, nonsense formations, but it's all resulted in lower self belief for whatever reason
For all MW's faults and there were many in the end - GM seems to have done more damage IMHO -
So I'm sure you can tell I voted NO we aren't better off

To me it's a tough one if Warburton had wanted to be here and had being given the same money as Pedro would we be better

Its really all ifs and buts simple fact is we are a better side but by not by much the glaring issue is we need the majority of our budget this v spent on two strong and pacey defenders

Its a bit like the first 5-1 against them if mw had played it right not so attack minded with nico and Barton would their confidence have been boosted that they went on the run they did

To many bad choices from boardroom to pitch have cost us

Both them spent the same roughly net £4 million.

Warburton built a squad to win the Championship, which is easily achievable picking up players not really making it in England, like Wes, Tav, Kiernan, Waghorn, but that was about his level he really failed to improve any area the following season, where he should have brought in first team picks to replace what we had, he bought more squad players.

Pedro had very little to work with, tried to shop in a market he knew and a bit like PLG change our complete approach and tactics, unfortunately we aren’t a team to introduce something new, fans don’t have the patience, unless you are getting the £35million or so Advocaat got when he arrived. Over £35million just under 20 years ago, and able to splash out £12million on one player,

I think that is what’s people forget, back then we could afford to compete with most of Europe in the transfer market. We Only picked up Arteta because PSG couldn’t afford to pay his fee when his loan expired. What have they spent on their squad?

People need to be realistic we had a multi million £ squad walk out the door for nothing. Celtic had already been outspending us for around 10 years, they have then had no competition to access Champions League money.

They can afford to spend more on one player Ntcham, than both our previous two managers net spend and gently introduce him into their squad.

We are picking up players for nothing or pennies and expecting them to be world beaters.

We have a better playing squad than when Warburton left, we have an actual scouting system and a DOF which means were not just buying players that a man coached when they were youngsters or knows about, also have opened up ways to make more money for the club, retail deal, new shirt deal have all happened since he left. All we're missing is a proper manager, bring in the right man and it's without a doubt we're in a better shape than when Warburton left

Did Warburton set up the youth system that we have just now? The U20's have been excellent this year.

Yes. I think it was Warbs idea to pull us out of the Scottish Youth League and play friendlies against better standard sides.

I think he implemented it at Brentford as well.

100% we are.

We sold Garner and Waghorn for approximately the entire budget that Warburton spent. On all his players. We have Windass, Tav and Fod (just for the sake of naming 3 players real quick) who would all go for at least £500k and possibly a good deal more. Warburton brought in a load of shit players. Warburton did it spending about 1/3 the cash Pedro was given and we will turn a profit on his dealings in total, whereas the far greater outlay included multi millions on Herrera and Pena, who we are not getting our cash back on.

We are significantly worse shape now than under Warburton. Not because of the players, not because Warburton was great but because we are now seeing fucking protest banners in the stands, genuine disquiet in the general support, we have seen approximately £10 million spent on still fighting it out for 2nd (or 4th), still getting bullied and bent over by the scum and with a backdrop of patience being at an end for many.

We are picking up players for nothing or pennies and expecting them to be world beaters.

stop trotting pish like this out

we're expecting them to beat the likes of Aberdeen and hibs

we've failed miserably also to put up any sort of defiance against the scum

we've wasted millions on utter shite in the transfer market

Pedro had a very similar record to Warburton (in the top tier). Maybe Murty has moved us on somewhat? The squad is better but is still miles away.

Genuinely think we would be further on if we had just kept Warburton for these two seasons and given him the money we gave Pedro. We wouldn’t be great, bt better than now.

Given the time passed and money spent no. If warbs had managed to muster up a plan B rather than just doing plan A better he would have been a good manager for us. Unfortunately he was too naive or stubborn to realise you can't just do one formation and style and be successful. If Warburton had the current squad we would be second quite comfortably in my opinion

Club as a whole? Miles better. I think people are forgetting what it was like a few years ago.

On the park? Much better players overall. Household names on the books. 3 or 4 results of being an excellent season!

It's not all doom and gloom!

Both them spent the same roughly net £4 million.

Warburton built a squad to win the Championship, which is easily achievable picking up players not really making it in England, like Wes, Tav, Kiernan, Waghorn, but that was about his level he really failed to improve any area the following season, where he should have brought in first team picks to replace what we had, he bought more squad players.

Pedro had very little to work with, tried to shop in a market he knew and a bit like PLG change our complete approach and tactics, unfortunately we aren’t a team to introduce something new, fans don’t have the patience, unless you are getting the £35million or so Advocaat got when he arrived. Over £35million just under 20 years ago, and able to splash out £12million on one player,

I think that is what’s people forget, back then we could afford to compete with most of Europe in the transfer market. We Only picked up Arteta because PSG couldn’t afford to pay his fee when his loan expired. What have they spent on their squad?

People need to be realistic we had a multi million £ squad walk out the door for nothing. Celtic had already been outspending us for around 10 years, they have then had no competition to access Champions League money.

They can afford to spend more on one player Ntcham, than both our previous two managers net spend and gently introduce him into their squad.

its very hard to have patience when you watch your team surrender to the poets meekly at hampden then get horsed 54-1 at home by them. Its also very hard to have patience when this is followed up by one of our most embarrassing euro results.

Pedro done the square root of sweet f____ all in order to earn any patience. He was and is a fraud

It's a particularly clear questions to answer.

We have more players and an overall higher quality of player. As we should for £8million+ spend. Dorrans, Morelos, John, Jack, Cummings, Murphy, Candeias all clearly offer a level of quality that the Warburton team didn't have. That's not necessarily a criticism of Warburton.

However there are still similarities in the negatives - we've now got the Portuguese Kiernan and Mexican Forrester. We still have a weak defence, still drop points all over the place. Still have huge issues mentally.

Back