Are We Now Well Run?

Bermondsey Wall West

Official Ticketer
I ask the question, not because I think we are not well run, but I look at us now. I look at how we are not that far away from challenging given that the crash barriers have probably overspent in both wages and fees to keep their position of power, but they can outgun us financially for years to come based on just how things are right now. I then consider our custodian’s - all honourable men, but none of them has the global business brand, money and clout to really elevate us. Are we happy that we have only bears in the boardroom calling the shots or do we need someone like a Julian Woldhardt to buy into us bigger, use us to market his brand or maybe that of his clients, pay us big bucks in advertising and create the vehicle to relaunch the club?

I have nothing but admiration for the job done thus far. But can we ever get back to our rightful place with this approach?

Would love for someone with real money to come in to the club and push us into the next level

Personally much rather have Rangers men running club than some Arab/Russian who wants a toy. Not all about money...Bournemouth have much more cash than us...are Bournemouth a bigger/more important club??...no way. Be run by our own as far as I’m concerned.

Personally much rather have Rangers men running club than some Arab/Russian who wants a toy. Not all about money...Bournemouth have much more cash than us...are Bournemouth a bigger/more important club??...no way. Be run by our own as far as I’m concerned.
In the real world mate you need cash,no doubt about it.

What is the "next level" in Scotland?
Winning the league and not being embarrassed in Europe is all we will realistically achieve.
Unless we get some dafty that throws 100s of millions at us.
Domestic dominance, European progress & then bust when he loses interest or money.

The Ajax model isn't a bad one to look at (if we can get the infrastructure right)
But low and develop our own as well & sell for profit

This amazes constantly how a club of our size and stature with the history that some big shot with plenty of cash has not injected into it.

Unfortunately we're in a backwater. Anyone that puts money into us is just spunking it away. The way things stand is the best we can hope for is winning the league and getting to the group stages of the Champions league. That's our current ceiling.
We can dream though.

Back