Are you enjoying the women's World Cup?

Enjoying it?

• Enjoyable

Votes: 119 26.8%
  • Mince

Votes: 325 73.2%

• Total voters

DougieJones

Just heard it’s on for another 30+ days :eek: I’m more in the positive camp but it needs to be streamlined until the tiddler nations learn how to play the game. 16 teams, 2 weeks would be just fine thanks.

bearspaw

13-0 is the kind of score you see at U10s kids football. Have to say it was annoying that the main headline on the BBC was that game. It shouldn’t even be on the same page as men’s football.
Or 8-0 to Germany last night?

1972 bear

Not watched a single second of it.

Fitba for me is a mans game and wummin can feck off and play hockey or some other shite.

Auld sexist bassa loyal!!!!!

Lono

Amateur football getting top level, professional coverage.

Too much money in the men's game, but it has an incredible following and is hugely popular.

Real football has a deep history and now near two centuries of development....thrusting the women's game in our faces and insisting female footballers, who couldn't get a game for Rangers under-15s, are on nearly every panel for the mens game is daft.

Going forwards the women's game should stand on it's own two feet. The experiment of pushing it to the fore is a failure. Crowds are poor(non-existant at league level). Many tickets are handed out for free and because of that, slightly big crowds are a fallacy.

I've nothing against it but I don't look forwards to a future of it riding on the back of the real football because it can't survive on it's own.

StokeyBear

I've not watched much of it and probably won't.

I do think it is odd everyone banging on about how shit it is and going out their way to slate the game. No one is saying it's a better standard than the mens game.

Just makes you look like a raging old git.

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
It is clearly far too long a tournament....4 weeks is not justified. Also there are STILL crap goalkeepers. It is alright but will be eclipsed by African Nations Cup and Copa America which start soon.

Superrangers

Just heard it’s on for another 30+ days :eek: I’m more in the positive camp but it needs to be streamlined until the tiddler nations learn how to play the game. 16 teams, 2 weeks would be just fine thanks.
Another 30 plus days?! That’s longer than the men’s tournament by quite few days?!

Last edited:

Thommo2006

Just had an argument with a colleague at work I said womens football was poor and they should maybe make adjustments, smaller pitches smaller goals maybe 70 minutes instead of 90 and she went off on one saying you can't say that that's sexist, I said I reckon I could get 11 blokes who are competent at football and give the England womens team a run for their money again said I was wrong going mental with rage. I tried to explain to her that men and women are obviously different and they should tailor the womens game for women and not try to be like men.

Macdonsj

Quite incredible the difference in international caps between the men and women
Mens record- Ahmed Hassan Egypt 184 caps
Womens record- Kristine Lilly USA 354

Do they play every month,nearly double that of the men's record,most men don't even reach that amount for their clubs.

less competition for places
less intensive sport - more technical than power

and on that note
Alex Morgans last goal vs Thailand was wonderful

on the main subject
people are comparing mens football to womens - its not really fair
mens football has been going since the late 1800s - womens football is but a bairn in comparison
i seem to recall a ridiculous scoreline or two back in the auld days
(Rangers 7 -1 Dundee Utd :)) )

Laudrup1

less competition for places
less intensive sport - more technical than power

and on that note
Alex Morgans last goal vs Thailand was wonderful

on the main subject
people are comparing mens football to womens - its not really fair
mens football has been going since the late 1800s - womens football is but a bairn in comparison
i seem to recall a ridiculous scoreline or two back in the auld days
(Rangers 7 -1 Dundee Utd :)) )
Germany beat someone 8-0 last night in the Euro qualifiers too did they not? Don't hear wailing and gnashing of teeth about that.

I'll admit I've not watched a second of the woman's WC but if it was on the tele when I was sitting down, I'd pay as much attention to it as I do another random game that I've got no real investment in.

It's obviously not like the mens game (and nonsense like calls from certain types for them to have their wages matched etc are a nonsense) but it can be entertaining enough. I've seen more football in the woman's game in previous matches I've watched than I saw in the likes of the play-off between Dundee Utd and St Mirren.

Macdonsj

Germany beat someone 8-0 last night in the Euro qualifiers too did they not? Don't hear wailing and gnashing of teeth about that.

I'll admit I've not watched a second of the woman's WC but if it was on the tele when I was sitting down, I'd pay as much attention to it as I do another random game that I've got no real investment in.

It's obviously not like the mens game (and nonsense like calls from certain types for them to have their wages matched etc are a nonsense) but it can be entertaining enough. I've seen more football in the woman's game in previous matches I've watched than I saw in the likes of the play-off between Dundee Utd and St Mirren.
a lot of it is poor but thats the emerging nations
i usually watch the USA team, they have had real stars over the years

Goity

Smaller pitches & smaller goals and it would probably be a bit more tolerable - making women play to mens physical standards is unrealistic. The women always look tiny in goals.

ICA_86

You need to accept it for what it is - I try and look at it as a completely different sport to the men’s game.

But let’s be honest - there’s junior teams out there that could probably win this tournament.

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
It should be 3/4 size pitches and goals...would be far better to watch. It is often like that celebrity match they play at Old Trafford every year with Paddy McGuiness and the bloke that sucks Robbie Williams off.

ICA_86

It should be 3/4 size pitches and goals...would be far better to watch. It is often like that celebrity match they play at Old Trafford every year with Paddy McGuiness and the bloke that sucks Robbie Williams off.
Yeah I’d agree with that.

They’re not physically capable of producing consistent top level performances on a full size men’s pitch.

Arranger

My boys told me Hope Solo has her slice out all over tinternet, had to google it and sure enough there she is with her cabbage oot taking selfies .

Stewart G

Watched most of the Scotland England game and it was OK but won't watch any game we are not involved in to be honest.

Southpaws

Gags like this and the iron one are a bit cringe imo, it’s for the Carry On film enthusiasts. No offence. I watched The England Scotland game and thought they’d be better off on a 3/4 pitch. They were pretty good technically but something was missing from making it a spectacle I’d want to watch without a vested interest. Like a less competitive Dunfermline v Dundee
I agree re pitch dimensions;
In terms of the pitch perhaps 75 yards by 55 wide with goals 7ft x 7 yards would make for a better spectacle. Lady goalkeepers look lost in full size goals and the kind of goals they tend to ship have ‘amateur hour’ written all over them.

By trying to exactly mimic the men’s game they are creating a very damaging comparison. A good under 18 men’s/boys amateur side would comfortably beat the best woman’s team on a full size pitch.

noucamp72

The k/o stages will be more interesting.

The USA look full of themselves and I think the French would like to bring them down a peg or two.

Engerlund are now making the same noises as their male counterparts have been doing for the past 50 odd years....."we're here to win it"...….."we have the world's best player"

TPB90

The USA look full of themselves and I think the French would like to bring them down a peg or two.

Engerlund are now making the same noises as their male counterparts have been doing for the past 50 odd years....."we're here to win it"...….."we have the world's best player"
Who's that? I read the worlds best player isn't playing due to a dispute with their governing body - Norwegian I think?

If the best player in the world was playing on Sunday then the standard is even worse than I thought.

The Bin Man

Their goal celebrations yesterday after 5 or 6 were way over the top.

J Dawg

I watched the Scotland ladies game.

Less fann**s on the park than there is in the mens team.

TN8

Haven't watched any of it but if there are any of those leaked phone images or videos of that Alex Morgan smashing herself up the duff or anything then I'd gladly have a look at that. My word.