Are you enjoying the women's World Cup?

Enjoying it?

• Enjoyable

Votes: 119 26.8%
  • Mince

Votes: 325 73.2%

• Total voters
13-0 is the kind of score you see at U10s kids football. Have to say it was annoying that the main headline on the BBC was that game. It shouldn’t even be on the same page as men’s football.
Should keep them separate. If you want to read about women’s football it should all be there, but you shouldn’t have to constantly read about it if you don’t give a %^*&

The men's and women's world cup both had 11 goals in a game as their record up until today. (Germany 11-0 Argentina and Hungary 10-1 El Salvador)

Rather than declare it historic, you'd rather immediately be negative about it. I'll assume Germany beating Brazil was pish anaw then because there were too many goals

Should keep them separate. If you want to read about women’s football it should all be there, but you shouldn’t have to constantly read about it if you don’t give a %^*&
Youth football barely gets a mention on the BBC website but is infinitely more important than women’s football.

So far...Mince but will Will watch the remaining Scotland group games and then the later stages. If it gets girls interested in the game and exercising then great but it makes a nonsense to think the Chelsea Women's coach would be considered for the men's team from what I've seen.
Would Being a female youth boys coach and excelling be a better pathway to management surely?

Quite incredible the difference in international caps between the men and women
Mens record- Ahmed Hassan Egypt 184 caps
Womens record- Kristine Lilly USA 354

Do they play every month,nearly double that of the men's record,most men don't even reach that amount for their clubs.

Have watch parts of but not all of the games so far. What stick out is the top teams are miles ahead of the rest. Despite the scoreline, England were much better than the Scots girls. Too much just booting the ball out of play or upfield for it to come straight back at you. Japan surprisingly much better than Argentina. Skill levels are good, but heading and tackling seem to be a weakness throughout.
Japan who have been in the final the last 2 world cups:))

some of the comments on here are tim worthy! have to say i find the usa just disrespectful! certain great Rangers managers would have cuffed them if they were their players.

Haven't watched a minute of it, apart from unavoidable goal clips on the news.

Seen bigger crowds at a Mearns Amateurs v Giffnock North game.

The ugly looking lemons that have started appearing on Sportscene is more than enough for me.

2nd rate pish.

Seen clips of it in passing, doesn’t interest me in the slightest. The standard hasn’t been great but I didn’t expect anything less having had a spell involved in the woman’s game.

The standard has improved greatly but not enough to get me to sit down and watch it.

Haven't watched a minute of it, apart from unavoidable goal clips on the news.

Seen bigger crowds at a Mearns Amateurs v Giffnock North game.

The ugly looking lemons that have started appearing on Sportscene is more than enough for me.

2nd rate pish.
Welcome to the new agenda Mearns. This is what they’ll be pushing from now on.

Just heard it’s on for another 30+ days :eek: I’m more in the positive camp but it needs to be streamlined until the tiddler nations learn how to play the game. 16 teams, 2 weeks would be just fine thanks.

13-0 is the kind of score you see at U10s kids football. Have to say it was annoying that the main headline on the BBC was that game. It shouldn’t even be on the same page as men’s football.

Or 8-0 to Germany last night?

Not watched a single second of it.

Fitba for me is a mans game and wummin can feck off and play hockey or some other shite.

Auld sexist bassa loyal!!!!!

Amateur football getting top level, professional coverage.

Too much money in the men's game, but it has an incredible following and is hugely popular.

Real football has a deep history and now near two centuries of development....thrusting the women's game in our faces and insisting female footballers, who couldn't get a game for Rangers under-15s, are on nearly every panel for the mens game is daft.

Going forwards the women's game should stand on it's own two feet. The experiment of pushing it to the fore is a failure. Crowds are poor(non-existant at league level). Many tickets are handed out for free and because of that, slightly big crowds are a fallacy.

I've nothing against it but I don't look forwards to a future of it riding on the back of the real football because it can't survive on it's own.

I've not watched much of it and probably won't.

I do think it is odd everyone banging on about how shit it is and going out their way to slate the game. No one is saying it's a better standard than the mens game.

Just makes you look like a raging old git.

It is clearly far too long a tournament....4 weeks is not justified. Also there are STILL crap goalkeepers. It is alright but will be eclipsed by African Nations Cup and Copa America which start soon.

Just heard it’s on for another 30+ days :eek: I’m more in the positive camp but it needs to be streamlined until the tiddler nations learn how to play the game. 16 teams, 2 weeks would be just fine thanks.
Another 30 plus days?! That’s longer than the men’s tournament by quite few days?!

Last edited:
Just had an argument with a colleague at work I said womens football was poor and they should maybe make adjustments, smaller pitches smaller goals maybe 70 minutes instead of 90 and she went off on one saying you can't say that that's sexist, I said I reckon I could get 11 blokes who are competent at football and give the England womens team a run for their money again said I was wrong going mental with rage. I tried to explain to her that men and women are obviously different and they should tailor the womens game for women and not try to be like men.

Quite incredible the difference in international caps between the men and women
Mens record- Ahmed Hassan Egypt 184 caps
Womens record- Kristine Lilly USA 354

Do they play every month,nearly double that of the men's record,most men don't even reach that amount for their clubs.

less competition for places
less intensive sport - more technical than power

and on that note
Alex Morgans last goal vs Thailand was wonderful

on the main subject
people are comparing mens football to womens - its not really fair
mens football has been going since the late 1800s - womens football is but a bairn in comparison
i seem to recall a ridiculous scoreline or two back in the auld days
(Rangers 7 -1 Dundee Utd :)) )

less competition for places
less intensive sport - more technical than power

and on that note
Alex Morgans last goal vs Thailand was wonderful

on the main subject
people are comparing mens football to womens - its not really fair
mens football has been going since the late 1800s - womens football is but a bairn in comparison
i seem to recall a ridiculous scoreline or two back in the auld days
(Rangers 7 -1 Dundee Utd :)) )

Germany beat someone 8-0 last night in the Euro qualifiers too did they not? Don't hear wailing and gnashing of teeth about that.

I'll admit I've not watched a second of the woman's WC but if it was on the tele when I was sitting down, I'd pay as much attention to it as I do another random game that I've got no real investment in.

It's obviously not like the mens game (and nonsense like calls from certain types for them to have their wages matched etc are a nonsense) but it can be entertaining enough. I've seen more football in the woman's game in previous matches I've watched than I saw in the likes of the play-off between Dundee Utd and St Mirren.

Germany beat someone 8-0 last night in the Euro qualifiers too did they not? Don't hear wailing and gnashing of teeth about that.

I'll admit I've not watched a second of the woman's WC but if it was on the tele when I was sitting down, I'd pay as much attention to it as I do another random game that I've got no real investment in.

It's obviously not like the mens game (and nonsense like calls from certain types for them to have their wages matched etc are a nonsense) but it can be entertaining enough. I've seen more football in the woman's game in previous matches I've watched than I saw in the likes of the play-off between Dundee Utd and St Mirren.

a lot of it is poor but thats the emerging nations
i usually watch the USA team, they have had real stars over the years

Smaller pitches & smaller goals and it would probably be a bit more tolerable - making women play to mens physical standards is unrealistic. The women always look tiny in goals.

Back