Are you enjoying the women's World Cup?

Enjoying it?

• Enjoyable

Votes: 119 26.8%
  • Mince

Votes: 325 73.2%

• Total voters
You need to accept it for what it is - I try and look at it as a completely different sport to the men’s game.

But let’s be honest - there’s junior teams out there that could probably win this tournament.

It should be 3/4 size pitches and goals...would be far better to watch. It is often like that celebrity match they play at Old Trafford every year with Paddy McGuiness and the bloke that sucks Robbie Williams off.

It should be 3/4 size pitches and goals...would be far better to watch. It is often like that celebrity match they play at Old Trafford every year with Paddy McGuiness and the bloke that sucks Robbie Williams off.

Yeah I’d agree with that.

They’re not physically capable of producing consistent top level performances on a full size men’s pitch.

My boys told me Hope Solo has her slice out all over tinternet, had to google it and sure enough there she is with her cabbage oot taking selfies .

Watched most of the Scotland England game and it was OK but won't watch any game we are not involved in to be honest.

Gags like this and the iron one are a bit cringe imo, it’s for the Carry On film enthusiasts. No offence. I watched The England Scotland game and thought they’d be better off on a 3/4 pitch. They were pretty good technically but something was missing from making it a spectacle I’d want to watch without a vested interest. Like a less competitive Dunfermline v Dundee

I agree re pitch dimensions;
In terms of the pitch perhaps 75 yards by 55 wide with goals 7ft x 7 yards would make for a better spectacle. Lady goalkeepers look lost in full size goals and the kind of goals they tend to ship have ‘amateur hour’ written all over them.

By trying to exactly mimic the men’s game they are creating a very damaging comparison. A good under 18 men’s/boys amateur side would comfortably beat the best woman’s team on a full size pitch.

The k/o stages will be more interesting.

The USA look full of themselves and I think the French would like to bring them down a peg or two.

Engerlund are now making the same noises as their male counterparts have been doing for the past 50 odd years....."we're here to win it"...….."we have the world's best player"

The USA look full of themselves and I think the French would like to bring them down a peg or two.

Engerlund are now making the same noises as their male counterparts have been doing for the past 50 odd years....."we're here to win it"...….."we have the world's best player"

Who's that? I read the worlds best player isn't playing due to a dispute with their governing body - Norwegian I think?

If the best player in the world was playing on Sunday then the standard is even worse than I thought.

Their goal celebrations yesterday after 5 or 6 were way over the top.

I watched the Scotland ladies game.

Less fann**s on the park than there is in the mens team.

Haven't watched any of it but if there are any of those leaked phone images or videos of that Alex Morgan smashing herself up the duff or anything then I'd gladly have a look at that. My word.

I fancy France to win it. Squad hitting their peak at just the right time.

FWIW England do have some of the top players and a semi final at least squad on paper. They have earned the right to make some noise IMO.

Celebrated like crazy after scoring their 13th, one of their players openly counting the goals they scored at that point on her fingers,...

Allround disrespectful stuff imo.

I thought the Americans were fairly reserved in their celebrations in comparison to other teams I've seen dancing and bullshit on the park and right in front of the opposition benches. If I'm right in thinking the girl doing the counting on her fingers was Alex Morgan, counting her own goals, which was after she had just scored her 4th goal of 5, in a single match, at that point to make it 10-0. She didn't do it for her fifth goal but I can tell you I would have if I scored that many goals in a world cup finals match!

The American bench, not the girls on the park, did celebrate like crazy when they scored their 12th and 13th goals and to be fair expecting them not to celebrate when they've just beaten the scoring record twice in one match is akin to some of the joyless crap we've seen written and spoken about in our own game here.

Who's that? I read the worlds best player isn't playing due to a dispute with their governing body - Norwegian I think?

If the best player in the world was playing on Sunday then the standard is even worse than I thought.

I think it was Lucy Bronze.
Probably just the managers opinion.

I think they are talking about Ada Hegerberg she's Norwegian and isn't at the tournament. You might remember there was a stooshy in the press because she was asked to twerk when she was picking up the Baloon D'or award not that long ago.

Saw the highlights of the usa Thailand game. State of them celebrating at 10/11/12 0 up would have leathered them if I were playing

Posters are forgetting how poor men's football can be. The Premiership playoff between Dundee Asda and St Midden was worse than any game I've watched in the WWC so far and the match thread on here was basically a thesaurus entry for the word "shite".

I've watched at least part of a game every day and am really enjoying it. I saw most of the second half between S Korea and Nigeria when I came in and it was an interesting battle between a more skillful team and a stronger, more physical one. The Nigerians won 2-0 and had Alfie scored their second goal we'd have raised his valuation by another £5M.

Just take it for what it is, enjoy the good bits and shrug off the bad bits. That's what we do for the men's game, after all.

It's been triffic.

tumblr_pigvftEzAh1v15vh6o1_400.gif

Just can’t get into it at all, I’ve watched some woman’s games in the past, it’s improving but still poor, the men’s game is in a totally different stratosphere.

I hate the way the BBC are almost forcing it upon us, total over promotion on their website, I go into the football page and it’s just awash with stories on the woman’s game, if I want to see stories on woman’s football there should be a separate page.

Watched out of curiosity more than anything and just didn't enjoy the games.

The standard is just not good enough to be enjoyable. There are some clearly talented players but then there's others who look like they only started playing football a couple of years ago.

It's what they do when they're not on the ball that stands out most to me, every game I've watched there's been players just running about like headless chickens making some absolutely baffling runs.

There's another thread on here about erin cuthbert being one of us. Hope she doesn't come on here and read any of this.
Wether you like it or not,these girls have reached the top of their sport and don't deserve to be demeaned for it.

Sorry but not enjoying it isn't demeaning them fair play to the girls but as a spectacle it's not something I'd ever go out of my way to watch far less to pay and watch

I did
Sorry but not enjoying it isn't demeaning them fair play to the girls but as a spectacle it's not something I'd ever go out of my way to watch far less to pay and watch
That's entirely your choice and that's fair enough. Some of the comments have been demeaning. There's been posters on here who have took and encouraged their daughters to play the game,but I doubt they would be too happy reading some of the posts. The women's game world wide is very much a new thing and will improve. As for scores,well the scottish cup was a new thing when Arbroath beat bon accord 36-0.

Just can’t get into it at all, I’ve watched some woman’s games in the past, it’s improving but still poor, the men’s game is in a totally different stratosphere.

I hate the way the BBC are almost forcing it upon us, total over promotion on their website, I go into the football page and it’s just awash with stories on the woman’s game, if I want to see stories on woman’s football there should be a separate page.
That's why I said on another post. No point watching it if your going to compare it to men's football. As for the beeb well I've no doubt there will be some bloke wearing stilettos and a mini skirt making these decisions.

That's why I said on another post. No point watching it if your going to compare it to men's football. As for the beeb well I've no doubt there will be some bloke wearing stilettos and a mini skirt making these decisions.

As difficult as it is, it’s almost impossible not to compare it to the men’s game.

Those pundits complaining about the USA celebrations obviously didn't watch the England Scotland game

Parris celebrating scoring a ropey penalty as if its won the world Cup

White celebrating a disallowed goal that Ray Charles wouldve known was offside

Then Bronze holding the ball after Scotland goal and when our lassies breathed in her she threw herself down as if she's Scott brown

Watching the HT analysis.
Dominant.. Pressing..Decisive..Wobbles..
Virtually all the stuff I like..;)

As difficult as it is, it’s almost impossible not to compare it to the men’s game.
It's not though. Our development squad and our reserves have had an absolutely terrific year and we've had match threads relating to both - eg The Alkass Tournament, The HK Soccer 7s and the Glasgow Cup final. I am sure there have been others.

In all of those there's been decent banter, some insightful comments and a general sense of enjoying what teams are doing at the level they are playing at. At no point have I ever heard, 'Aye but they're shite compared to Rangers' big team' and this is right.

Yet when it comes to women's football? The same group of posters are giving it the old 'three irons on their shirt' tripe. I can only concluded they are either VLs or actually henpecked and say stuff they'd never repeat at home.

If we can enjoy development football we can equally enjoy women's football.

It's not though. Our development squad and our reserves have had an absolutely terrific year and we've had match threads relating to both - eg The Alkass Tournament, The HK Soccer 7s and the Glasgow Cup final. I am sure there have been others.

In all of those there's been decent banter, some insightful comments and a general sense of enjoying what teams are doing at the level they are playing at. At no point have I ever heard, 'Aye but they're shite compared to Rangers' big team' and this is right.

Yet when it comes to women's football? The same group of posters are giving it the old 'three irons on their shirt' tripe. I can only concluded they are either VLs or actually henpecked and say stuff they'd never repeat at home.

If we can enjoy development football we can equally enjoy women's football.

I think the problem many have is the way that the BBC are now promoting woman's football as if it was the equal of top level mens football, when in reality the only reason they got interested in it was because of them losing the mens game to Sky..

10 years ago the BBC would have not given two hoots about it, but now we are getting it drummed into us on the entire BBC network, something that we are forced to pay for, but very few people actually care about, and I include women in that as well..

my wife wants too know why 'real woman's sport' (her words) like hockey and netball, barely get a mention apart from at the Olympics, she has never had any interest in football and has no intention watching any of the games.

personally I dont really care, other than the fact that it is on and if nothing else is on, I might watch if, even just for the occasional laughs, like that French own goal... :D

Back