Are you looking forward to the close season ?

Yes

Going into the summer with 2 trophies in the bag, a clear out of the losers in the squad and Clement being allowed to bring in his own players

I think it's going to be an exciting window & I expect we'll finally do some very shrewd business
Yep.

Let’s hope it’s a lengthy list.

i am not

i expect we need out get people out the door before we can get too many people in
There are 6 out of contract and 3 loans that will leave for starters (unless any are taken up for next season).

There will be plenty to replace before we even look at who else may go.

Yes, I need a break from many of these players. Hope some we never see again.

Time to recharge and forget how terrible we are.

Looking forward to the Euros. Once they're over with, I'll be itching to get back to watching Rangers again and it'll no doubt feel like it's dragging in between the tournament finishing and the new season starting. That said, a busy summer transfer window for us should keep me entertained - hopefully.

I’m looking forward to a break from it. Hoping we have a good pre season as it was clear last summer that we were miles off it

Is it just me who isn't interested in International football?
You won't watch any of Scotland's games at the Euros? You won't watch the final and you don't bother with the World Cup?

Guarantee if Scotland get through the groups, you'll be cutting about serving your ham sandwiches and bits of pie, wearing a 'See You Jimmy' hat and saltire face paint.

I like pre season, weird friendly match ups, new kits coming out.
And in this case (like last year and before) and break from the nightmare.

Is it just me who isn't interested in International football?
According to many on here probably not, but I genuinely don’t believe half of the shite posted at times.

Personally, I couldn’t give a toss about international football unless it’s the Euros or WC - two or 3 matches every day for the best part of a month? What’s not to like?

I quite like donating money to the bookies too.

All that said, The Open is always the highlight of the summer for me.

If we get a full rebuild it’ll be exciting, if it’s another half baked one and you’re starting with 7/8 of the players already here like we’ve done the past two seasons then it’ll be painful

Wish it was over now if I'm being honest, still there may be a suprise tonight and it's still in the balance on Saturday

Actually fully expecting that as it’s the hope that kills you even when there is no hope.

Knowing us if that did happen St Mirren would take the lead at the weekend and we would for the briefest of spells be close to winning the league before the tramps ran riot versus a St Mirren team on their holidays.

Yeah ready to be giving it a miss by now, always feel like this win or lose.
Enjoy a few months of doing other stuff then desperate for it to start again.

Can't wait, looking forward to the Euros as a distraction. Planning on staying well away from the transfer thread as much as possible. I'd rather just see who we sign then switch on in pre-season to see how they look.

Without a doubt this years transfer thread will break all records in terms of pages on here :)). And to be honest completely understandable! There will almost certainly be 9 players (6 ooc and 3 loans) who will “leave” the club. I fully expect Butland to be a huge talking point all summer whether he stays or goes. Tav and Goldson (rightly) are being talked about as potentially being allowed to leave. If a decent fee comes in for Hagi, Cantwell or Yilmaz I think we would consider it. I’d imagine Clement and the board will already be looking for potential buyers for Dowell, Raskin, Lawrence, Wright, Matondo, Lowry. Do we stick or twist with the youngsters (King, Lovelace, Rice)? For good measure let’s throw in Cifuentes and Davis who weren’t replaced in January. Then there is Lammers! That’s 27 players that no one would be surprised if they left this summer. I’ve never known an overhaul that large, even when we got demoted down the leagues!

I am tbh after we win the cup

It’s been a roller coaster of a season, looking forward to not being angry and stressed with our team for a wee while :D
Nope.

The Bheasts lording it about in the green and grey? They all have that same bizarre trait of letting everyone know that they are Bheasts and being loud in any situation, especially on holiday.

Never too happy when you take them aside and whisper a few home truths a la McCoist/Lennon.

Thread has been open for a good few hours now, so almost disappointed it’s down to me but needs must.

It’s ‘close season’ not ‘closed season’.

………and, breathe.

Like so many I used to attend all Scotland games but since the obnoxious bigots in the Tranny Army started to booing Rangers players and the National Anthem I’m not interested.
That bigot of a manager plus a team of Tims doesn’t help much either
That’s the opinion of quite a few Bears,My disinterest goes back way before that even way back in the 70s when my mates were heading to Scotland games I needed all my time and energy for Rangers.

I ended my marriage, haven't seen my children in nearly a year and haven't been back to the UK in 2 years, nearly ended it a couple of times - Rangers have been the biggest distraction (good or bad) for me and I will moss the roller coaster.

Mon the Summer Rangers Transfer Thread!

There are 6 out of contract and 3 loans that will leave for starters (unless any are taken up for next season).

There will be plenty to replace before we even look at who else may go.

A fact many are not accounting for when they talk about their own personal clear-out demands.

Without a doubt this years transfer thread will break all records in terms of pages on here :)). And to be honest completely understandable! There will almost certainly be 9 players (6 ooc and 3 loans) who will “leave” the club. I fully expect Butland to be a huge talking point all summer whether he stays or goes. Tav and Goldson (rightly) are being talked about as potentially being allowed to leave. If a decent fee comes in for Hagi, Cantwell or Yilmaz I think we would consider it. I’d imagine Clement and the board will already be looking for potential buyers for Dowell, Raskin, Lawrence, Wright, Matondo, Lowry. Do we stick or twist with the youngsters (King, Lovelace, Rice)? For good measure let’s throw in Cifuentes and Davis who weren’t replaced in January. Then there is Lammers! That’s 27 players that no one would be surprised if they left this summer. I’ve never known an overhaul that large, even when we got demoted down the leagues!
I'm going to steer well clear after my faux pas of suggesting we could try get Arda Guler on loan from Madrid o_O

Yip watching our demise this season hasn’t been good, the sooner the season is over the better stress free for a couple of month at least.

I ended my marriage, haven't seen my children in nearly a year and haven't been back to the UK in 2 years, nearly ended it a couple of times - Rangers have been the biggest distraction (good or bad) for me and I will moss the roller coaster.

Mon the Summer Rangers Transfer Thread!
Hope you're doing ok bud. Message if you need to chat. I'm sure plenty of other Bears would offer too.

To be fair how many of these 9 players will be missed? Roofe, Jack, McLaughlin have barely appeared. Cortes has only played about a months football. Balogun is out more than he is fit and King is an able replacement. Borna and Silva will need replaced but can be done so for less wages. Sima and Lundstram the only main starters in that list. Then you could get rid of some of teh players and just their absence arguably makes us better!
A fact many are not accounting for when they talk about their own personal clear-out demands.

No. Having to rebuild a squad in a short period of time before European qualifiers never works out well for us. We never hit the ground running.
Thankfully there is no competitive match until into August for us. Although after that it is hectic - 9 matches in the first month of the season.

SPFL matchday 1: 3/4 August
CL Third qualifying round 1st Leg: 6/7 August
SPFL matchday 2: 10/11 August
CL Third qualifying round 2nd Leg: 13 August
Viaplay Cup Round 2: 17/18 August
CL Play Offs 1st Leg 20/21 August
SPFL Matchday 3: 24/25 August
CL Play Offs 2nd Leg 27/28 August
SPFL Matchday 4: 31 August/1st September

Is it not close season? Or is this one of they things I've been getting wrong all my life?

Might as well get the transfer thread open early we all need our very own Houses of Parliament to argue in and take our anger out on eachother.

To be fair how many of these 9 players will be missed? Roofe, Jack, McLaughlin have barely appeared. Cortes has only played about a months football. Balogun is out more than he is fit and King is an able replacement. Borna and Silva will need replaced but can be done so for less wages. Sima and Lundstram the only main starters in that list. Then you could get rid of some of teh players and just their absence arguably makes us better!

You have a fair point mate.

We need serious upgrades on Silva and Borna - we can't have players at the same level.

We need an upgrade on Lundstram which will cost us. I think we still have to pay out for Diomonde - not sure on that.

We need better than Lawrence and Raskin and probably Cantwell.

We need a replacement for Balogun and that should be someone who will take over from Goldson as our main dominant CB.

We need a striker - I know Roofe hardly plays but we need a serious alternative to Danilo/Dessers.

IMO We need 6 new 1st team starters

GK because Butland will be going by all accounts
CB
LB
CM x 2
1 Striker
1 wide man

We will need at least 4 players good enough to challenge them and step up if required. I would like to think these 4 players could be Scottish players.

Yeah, have to admit, I've become rather fatigued by the last few months. It's been rough going, being so close, yet feeling like it's a million miles away again, stings more than I probably would care to admit. Needing to recharge and decompress.

Always enjoy international tournaments and the summer of transfer speculation is always fun. The summer is the time for unbridled hope and optimism. The harsher realities of a campaign can go on the back burner for a month or two. Really hoping I see something in pre-season that gets the blood pumping and raises the excitement levels. The last two pre-seasons have been shitshows.

You have a fair point mate.

We need serious upgrades on Silva and Borna - we can't have players at the same level.

We need an upgrade on Lundstram which will cost us. I think we still have to pay out for Diomonde - not sure on that.

We need better than Lawrence and Raskin and probably Cantwell.

We need a replacement for Balogun and that should be someone who will take over from Goldson as our main dominant CB.

We need a striker - I know Roofe hardly plays but we need a serious alternative to Danilo/Dessers.

IMO We need 6 new 1st team starters

GK because Butland will be going by all accounts
CB
LB
CM x 2
1 Striker
1 wide man

We will need at least 4 players good enough to challenge them and step up if required. I would like to think these 4 players could be Scottish players.
I think your correct with Diomande, sure that transfer comes out the summer transfer budget, however I imagine we may be able to strike similar deals whereby we defer the spend until the following year?

I'm keeping Goal Keeper out the list of players we need to buy because if he goes it will be for serious money and changes the whole complexion of the transfer window.

If we can sort out our defence it MAY be that we have the players from midfield forward and therefore all my focus would be on the defence. For arguments sake if we have £15m and £5m of that has already been set aside for Diamonde then we need to spend 80% of that on two genuine quality starting defenders and I just don't think there are any Scottish players who are good enough.

Without getting into a Tav debate on here, I'd see how Sterling and Yilmaz are fitness levels over the summer and hopefully start the season with them - if they don't prove robust enough then they should be moved on and replaced like for like. If we can get a decent cheap youngster, free transfer or loan player to play central midfield I think Diomande and Raskin will be important players for us alongside them, and maybe Cantwell in there too. The remaining transfer budget should go on a genuine quality wide player to replace Sima and Silva. Add in another loan or two for backup and thats only 5-6 players as a worst case scenario where we genuinely come out the summer better than we are now for what I expect will be the rough transfer budget.

After that deal case by case of replacing any player a decent offer comes in for - Hagi, Tav, Goldson, Davies, Dessers, Lammers or god forbid Butland, but I still argue we could sign half the number of players we let go and still be in a better place.

Back