Arfield and Morelos both suspended for Dundee

Thought we’d scud the sheep in the semi an midweek there

On both occasions we’d built up confidence in our performances before an leading up

The over all game play in both these defeats scares me
The tempo ,was non existent

With no arfeild an Morelos
I have the 1 game at a time fear back again

Hopefully Kent comes back in like a breath of fresh air
An give big lafferty 3 on a plate

We’ll need to score a couple because a Kenny Miller goal is an absolute fucking stick on.

It was a red barely, absolutely no way it warranted a 2 match ban.

I don't know where the second match is coming from. I would be lying if I claimed to know the rules but it seems harsh to me. Still no need for him to make that challenge though and I'm sure he knows that himself as he is a bright guy.

If Arfield got a 2 game ban then one game would be for exceeding a points threshold, which means the 2nd game would be 14 days later, so Hamilton rather than this weekend?

Not according to an expert who had time and opportunity to study it rather than have to make a knee-jerk reaction in the heat of the moment.

So not that fckn clear then...eh?

If someone did that to our keeper would you want them red-carded? Not that it would it be given if the tackle was on Greegs right enough.

Not according to an expert who had time and opportunity to study it rather than have to make a knee-jerk reaction in the heat of the moment.

So not that fckn clear then...eh?
I wonder what decision that 'expert' would have made in the heat of the moment. He has had time and seen it a few times and still got it wrong. It was a red

I wonder what decision that 'expert' would have made in the heat of the moment. He has had time and seen it a few times and still got it wrong. It was a red
Not to mention the fact our manager agreed and we never appealed, it tells it’s own story. The 2 games is a bit of a mystery though unless it was 2 for a straight red rather than a second booking

Not to mention the fact our manager agreed and we never appealed, it tells it’s own story. The 2 games is a bit of a mystery though unless it was 2 for a straight red rather than a second booking
I'm not sure how suspensions work tbh , have the club not confirmed how many games he's missing?

Kent Grezda & Candeias in behind Lafferty.

Jack & McCrorie sitting.

Halliday or Barasic left back.

That'll beat Dundee comfortably.

Ejaria should be nowhere near the team, we will be in for a frustrating afternoon if he and/or Coulibaly play.

It weakens us yes but we should have enough quality to get past Dundee. I'd be worried if we couldn't break them down.

Who will be sent off this week then? Any odds??

Ah so you are more expert than the expert. They are asking the wrong experts.
If I get this right you are questioning one expert (ref on the day) over another unnamed expert . I never at any point said I'm an expert but it was a red in my unexpert opinion

Our manager was being diplomatic and tactical.
We simply don't want to challenge every decision and having just won a difficult match he made a judgement that discretion in this matter was prudent.
It was nonetheless still a yellow notwithstanding.

If Arfield got a 2 game ban then one game would be for exceeding a points threshold, which means the 2nd game would be 14 days later, so Hamilton rather than this weekend?
What game does morelos miss for his red on Wednesday? Hopefully Hamilton txt week?
Arfield’s red was a two game ban, nothing to do with the threshold. I think he’s sitting at four or five bookings which means he’s still at risk of another suspension soon.
Morelos was already suspend3d for this game due to reaching the booking threshold. His red the other night incurs an automatic one game ban, which transfers on to the Hamilton game.
Arfield should be back for the Hamilton game, Morelos for Hibs at Easter Road

Go where you like expert
No, I am not the expert as you know, but we heard what the expert said on the day.
The club didn't make much of this for tactical reasons.
But in my opinion, they should have.
There is another club in Glasgow that would have hung every hat they had on the comment of this expert.

I said at the time it was a yellow.
The ball was in play when Arfield challenged for it, and not with two feet as has been reported.
A split second later it wasn't in play.
However, the reaction of the goalkeeper told us everything.
First of all he thought he had conceded a goal and immediately acted as if he was mortally wounded, then instantly changed his mind to instead attack Arfield for his audacity at trying to score a goal, confirming that at no time was he injured by the challenge.

The referee under the same influence as every other referee in Scotland saw his opportunity to prove his 'non Rangers bias' credentials which in his mind would keep the press from the door.
Sadly for him it wasn't to be, you need to do more than send a Rangers player off nowadays to ensure this, instead, you have to ensure that Rangers lose points and he failed in that.

Like you I am no expert, but my instant take at the time was it was no more than the high end of a yellow.
I will watch with interest to see if this situation arises again how it is dealt with in Scotland.
If you want an example of a dangerous out of control challenge that is late and deserving of a red, .....see Shinnie on McAuley during the week.

No, I am not the expert as you know, but we heard what the expert said on the day.
The club didn't make much of this for tactical reasons.
But in my opinion, they should have.
There is another club in Glasgow that would have hung every hat they had on the comment of this expert.

I said at the time it was a yellow.
The ball was in play when Arfield challenged for it, and not with two feet as has been reported.
A split second later it wasn't in play.
However, the reaction of the goalkeeper told us everything.
First of all he thought he had conceded a goal and immediately acted as if he was mortally wounded, then instantly changed his mind to instead attack Arfield for his audacity at trying to score a goal, confirming that at no time was he injured by the challenge.

The referee under the same influence as every other referee in Scotland saw his opportunity to prove his 'non Rangers bias' credentials which in his mind would keep the press from the door.
Sadly for him it wasn't to be, you need to do more than send a Rangers player off nowadays to ensure this, instead, you have to ensure that Rangers lose points and he failed in that.

Like you I am no expert, but my instant take at the time was it was no more than the high end of a yellow.
I will watch with interest to see if this situation arises again how it is dealt with in Scotland.
If you want an example of a dangerous out of control challenge that is late and deserving of a red, .....see Shinnie on McAuley during the week.
As I've said imo it was red. As you've just said there, the ball wasn't in play when Arfield connected with the keeper. Keeper did make mountain out of a molehill but generally speaking most keepers would in that situation. Bt expert didn't see incident in real time on the pitch and has no authority. His statement is like mine or yours , just opinion.I Can't speak for the managers decision not to appeal

Kent Grezda & Candeias in behind Lafferty.

Jack & McCrorie sitting.

Halliday or Barasic left back.

That'll beat Dundee comfortably.
No offence intended but 2 sitting midfielders against anyone never mind dundee is nonsense. We should be going all out to blitz teams like

I can’t believe people are still debating Arfield’s red card.

He deserved it for the stupidity of the tackle alone in the current climate.

Arfield’s red was a two game ban, nothing to do with the threshold. I think he’s sitting at four or five bookings which means he’s still at risk of another suspension soon.
Morelos was already suspend3d for this game due to reaching the booking threshold. His red the other night incurs an automatic one game ban, which transfers on to the Hamilton game.
Arfield should be back for the Hamilton game, Morelos for Hibs at Easter Road
Which is good because he seems this score against them! :)

It depends. We cannot go with a midfield of Jack , Ejaria, and Coulibaly and expect to beat anyone. Two of them only pass backwards and the other doesn't do anything at all.

I don’t really disagree but is it bad that I can’t decide which 2 just pass back and which does nothing at all.

I hope we see rossiter.

No offence intended but 2 sitting midfielders against anyone never mind dundee is nonsense. We should be going all out to blitz teams like

It's not nonsense. Playing the big Eck 4-2-4 would be nonsense.

No matter who you're playing you still need that foundation to press forward and recycle the ball as well as shut down any counters.

Back