Arfield comments in the sun.

Don’t have a link and no C &P since I’m on phone. “I thought Power went for the ball, he caught Jacko and got a yello. I don’t think he tried to take Jackos face off...”
Sometimes I wish our players would just shut the fk up.

I agree with you mate , Arfields opinion matters not a jot . Intent or not he endangered an opponent and should have went , just ask our old friend Michael Stewart FFS .

Arfield's been around, he knew what the manager had said and, if he'd thought about it for a minute must have known that the mhedia wil run with this. Gerrard will be probed about it first chance they get.
He's an idiot.

Don’t have a link and no C &P since I’m on phone. “I thought Power went for the ball, he caught Jacko and got a yello. I don’t think he tried to take Jackos face off...”
What's wrong with that?
That's exactly what happened.
It doesn't mean it wasn't a red card.

“I don’t think he tried to tak Jackos face off” is the line that’s causing the issues for folk but if you are being brutally honest he didn’t, his actions can’t been deemed as him trying to kick Jack. Nobody can say he looked at that bouncing ball and his first thought was ‘I’m going to boot Ryan Jack’ on the coupon he attacked the ball the wrong way, it was dangerous play but it wasn’t malicious play.

There have been people who have gone out their way to hurt others in the past look at the picture of that animals tackle on Durrant, look at Keane when he snaps Alf-Inge Haaland these are deliberate acts.

It was a red all day long but for dangerous play that I think is what Scott Arfield is meaning. The referee made the wrong decision and that’s were the problem lies.

It’s not that line that’s bothering me or anyone else I can see.

It’s the fact he’s excusing what is yet another blatant red card that has been missed against us.

Give it another fortnight and Defoe will be a diver, just like Morelos became a hothead thanks solely to the media.

When this comes to pass, I hope someone in a position to do so points out that 36 year old Jermain Defoe who made his professional debut at the age of 17, and is widely regarded as one of the best strikers of his generation, as well as being an all round good guy, suddenly becomes a diver in the tinpot backwater of Scottish football.

Because they will run with this angle. A throwaway line in a report, a couple of comments by pundits, then Crocker and MacLean start their questioning of every time he's scythed down. After that, BBC Scotland will run a discussion "Defoe - Dynamo or diver?" On this show, Alex Rae, Derek Ferguson and Tom English will give their opinions about how Defoe has always had that side to his game, and he's come up here and thought he'd get away with it against the good honest pros in the SPFL.

Bang on the money.

What would you like him to say instead?

Professionals don’t tend to call out their fellow footballers in the way in which I’m guessing you would like Arfield to do so in this case.

Also, don’t tell our players to “shut the fuck up”. It makes you look stupid.

I’d have liked him to say that:

Had the boot been on the othe foot; sorry I meant face, you guys in the press would’ve formed another kangaroo court to go after the player and match official concerned. And you know you would.

“I don’t think he tried to tak Jackos face off” is the line that’s causing the issues for folk but if you are being brutally honest he didn’t, his actions can’t been deemed as him trying to kick Jack. Nobody can say he looked at that bouncing ball and his first thought was ‘I’m going to boot Ryan Jack’ on the coupon he attacked the ball the wrong way, it was dangerous play but it wasn’t malicious play.

There have been people who have gone out their way to hurt others in the past look at the picture of that animals tackle on Durrant, look at Keane when he snaps Alf-Inge Haaland these are deliberate acts.

It was a red all day long but for dangerous play that I think is what Scott Arfield is meaning. The referee made the wrong decision and that’s were the problem lies.

Arfield needs to be more media savvy though and especially so given the current climate with us and compliance officer and a media witch hunt against Alfie. Then there are Stevie G's comments the previous day about this very incident that are at total odds to what Arfield has stated.

What would you like him to say instead?

Professionals don’t tend to call out their fellow footballers in the way in which I’m guessing you would like Arfield to do so in this case.

Also, don’t tell our players to “shut the fuck up”. It makes you look stupid.
Say nothing, no comment and all that.
Why stick up for other players, i dont see anybody in a Scotland doing anything for us..

I wish our players would just say nothing. Now there's an out for the compliance officer. They'll just say even the Rangers players dont think it's a red card.

It doesn't matter if has eyes on the ball or even if he won the ball. He's endangered the safety and thus it's a red card.

You know how when you win the ball and smash through someone and break their leg it's a red card, that.

I think Power went for the ball and not Jack, sometimes decisions can be wrong.

His decision was totally wrong on this occasion.

He tries to be the hard man but he over stepped the mark.

Red card all day except on Saturday PM.

No but he was just doing his job.

No he wasn't. His job is to play football for Rangers. Of course he has media obligations as part of that, but he doesn't have to answer every question.

Fair enough if that his his own honest opinion (he is wrong for what it's worth), however after the week of scrutiny we have been subjected to regarding on field discipline, one of our own employees has to be a bit smarter!

Arfield isn’t really wrong. The intention was there to get the ball but he didn’t.

It is a red card and there really shouldn’t have been any doubt about it.

No he wasn't. His job is to play football for Rangers. Of course he has media obligations as part of that, but he doesn't have to answer every question.

Fair enough if that his his own honest opinion (he is wrong for what it's worth), however after the week of scrutiny we have been subjected to regarding on field discipline, one of our own employees has to be a bit smarter!

So he should've refused to answer questions he didn't like and create even bigger and more unnecessary headlines?

Give the guy a break ffs.

I don't think he meant but that doesn't really matter it's bloody dangerous play.

He’s probably Kilmarnock’s most important player this year and a ban would see him miss the Celtic game would it not?

I agree but going by a lot of comments on here about a lot of things spec savers would make a fortune selling on here.You make a well thought, studied comment based on watching an incident a couple of times (trying not looking through blue tinted specs) and you get sarcastic or down right cheeky comments back.

That's exactly what happened though... Has he said anything wrong?

It is still a red card though.

"Be a hell of a lot smarter". In other words give an opinion that you agree with.

Not what I said, and if that is how you wish to interpret that, then fair enough!

We are having players continually get sea with murder against us, yet the slightest indiscretion by our players and there is a clamour to have them banned from all angles.

Then we have one of our own players pretty much effectively saying "That's cool carry on!"

Are you at the wind-up or on drugs? Clubfoot today calling Defoe a “Diver” McKenna of the sheep, various Killie players and more all calling out our players for “over the top” tackles. Our manager just came out and said that he hopes for some “consistency” and he basically contradicts him. Again. This is why we as a club get shat all over. Too gullible by far. So yes. He should shut the fk up and say nothing especially when there are concentrated campaigns agains our players. Or did you miss the Morelos ban and the offer of a ban to McGregor through your drug haze?

Have you actually read the article regarding Broadfoot? He says Defoe has taken a “wee dive” and that Defoe told the referee it wasn’t a penalty. Hardly anything in that to get annoyed about.

Don’t tend to touch the substances on a week day but I doubt even being in a “drug haze” as you called it would make you seem intelligent.

I see, as predicted, the Defoe “diving” issue has now become centre stage.

Whilst what I can genuinely say is one of the worst dives I have ever seen by Burke in his Rings strip has been completely ignored by the media.

I see, as predicted, the Defoe “diving” issue has now become centre stage.

Whilst what I can genuinely say is one of the worst dives I have ever seen by Burke in his Rings strip has been completely ignored by the media.
Not long now until Defoe is labelled a serial diver by the media and is cited for diving.

You can set your watch to it.

Last edited:
Follows on from the deafening silence for the club, while we have opposing players and managers making derogatory remarks about us left, right and centre we’re still doing the nicey nicey routine.
We really are one of the most naive clubs in football.
Also reading some of the posts on here our fans are just as naive.

Last edited:
Follows on from the deafening silence for the club, while we have opposing players and managers making derogatory remarks about us left, right and centre we’re still doing the nicey nicey routine.
We really are the most naive clubs in football.
Without a doubt.
And how exactly did he do that?
I don't see what he adds to our midfield any way I just don't rate him.

It pisses me off that our players and management constantly downplay things.

Remember when Ryan Jack got injured last year by Kipre? Downplayed that as well.

There's no doubt jack would have got sent off for that type of challenge and if he didnt there would be a mhedia campaign by rabids like Sutton and Hartson and others to get the compliance officer involved.

Something is rotten and hopefully people upstairs at Ibrox will fight back big time.

Don’t count on it. In these matters our club offers up as much resistance as the French did against the Nazi Panzer Divisions .... absolutely clueless in that department... and the reason why we are, where we are. The club have left the propaganda and attacks on us go unchallenged so that we now sit in a massively hostile environment.

Think about the stats we have seen regarding the amount of compliance crap we have faced, the stats between us and the tims over the last few years in terms of the flow of red cards and penalties for us and opposition since we came back to the SPL. The cards per foul ratio that the tims somehow are in a league of their own.

There is enough evidence to put all these biased mhedia operations right back in their bigoted boxes. More than that - there is enough statistical evidence to turn the whole thing around so that we can be the ones asking questions - as I said, don’t count on it. Our club is either clueless or crapping itself in this regard.

Just imagine the outcry if Jack had done this to one of their players and just got a yellow card..

Back