Arfield comments in the sun.

Powers done Dorrans..no action. I wonder how many times this thug has been yellow carded in games v us.I can't think of a game he was not booked.This thug seems hell bent on doing one of our players every time he walks on the pitch.Maybe it's time the authorities had a word and asked him what problems he has with Rangers.Or maybe it's just where he's from and what stock he comes from causing the problems.Maybe it's just sectarianism behind his seemingly hatred for all things Rangers

So much for us being a class above eh? Some of the comments on this thread make you wonder if we are a class above everyone else.

Have you actually read the article regarding Broadfoot? He says Defoe has taken a “wee dive” and that Defoe told the referee it wasn’t a penalty. Hardly anything in that to get annoyed about.

Don’t tend to touch the substances on a week day but I doubt even being in a “drug haze” as you called it would make you seem intelligent.
Okay Biggles, thanks for the input. 90% of us on here are wrong and you’re right. Got it.

Okay Biggles, thanks for the input. 90% of us on here are wrong and you’re right. Got it.

Not at all. This is a discussion forum and therefore I expect there to be a difference in opinion.

Your rambling drivel about a “drug haze” deserved the response it got.

Not at all. This is a discussion forum and therefore I expect there to be a difference in opinion.

Your rambling drivel about a “drug haze” deserved the response it got.
As did your comment about “professionals tend not to call out other professionals”, eh, actually they do, and I cited examples of this on my other post. And whether or not clubfoot accused Defoe of a “wee dive” what’s the difference? “Wee dive” “big dive” either way he accused him of diving.
Here’s a response Arfield could have given, especially after what the manager (his boss) said about the incident. “As the gaffer says, all we’re asking for is consistency. If that tackle has been made by a Rangers player we’d still be hearing about it.”
Simple and to the point. Instead of giving the Compliance poet an out like he did. So yes, they should shut the fk up and stop giving ammunition to our enemies, who are numerous. But again, you seem to be okay with that.

As did your comment about “professionals tend not to call out other professionals”, eh, actually they do, and I cited examples of this on my other post. And whether or not clubfoot accused Defoe of a “wee dive” what’s the difference? “Wee dive” “big dive” either way he accused him of diving.
Here’s a response Arfield could have given, especially after what the manager (his boss) said about the incident. “As the gaffer says, all we’re asking for is consistency. If that tackle has been made by a Rangers player we’d still be hearing about it.”
Simple and to the point. Instead of giving the Compliance poet an out like he did. So yes, they should shut the fk up and stop giving ammunition to our enemies, who are numerous. But again, you seem to be okay with that.

You’re being unrealistic if you expect Arfield to come out with a comment like that.

Telling your own clubs players to “shut the fuck up” though, stay classy champ.

Powers done Dorrans..no action. I wonder how many times this thug has been yellow carded in games v us.I can't think of a game he was not booked.This thug seems hell bent on doing one of our players every time he walks on the pitch.Maybe it's time the authorities had a word and asked him what problems he has with Rangers.Or maybe it's just where he's from and what stock he comes from causing the problems.Maybe it's just sectarianism behind his seemingly hatred for all things Rangers

Too near the truth for comfort. Well said.

Don't particularly want any Killie players being cited before they play the mentally challengeds next weekend.

On another note, I see Gerrard praising Arfield and Goldson for being "old school" style players and playing through the pain barrier for the good of the team against Aberdeen and Killie.

Both of them are vital to our success this season and fair play to them both for putting their bodies on the line and putting the team ahead of themselves.

My granny always told me that if I had nothing decent to say then just say nothing, this is a classic case of that advice being useful.

Don't particularly want any Killie players being cited before they play the mentally challengeds next weekend.

On another note, I see Gerrard praising Arfield and Goldson for being "old school" style players and playing through the pain barrier for the good of the team against Aberdeen and Killie.

Both of them are vital to our success this season and fair play to them both for putting their bodies on the line and putting the team ahead of themselves.
Playing through the pain barrier is all well and good, an admirable trait. That game against Hibs at Ibrox was ridiculous though when he tried to play on in the second half hobbling about, could have cost us big time.
Also the potential of longer term damage playing through certain injuries, I love big Connor but he's no use to us out long term injured.

Back