Arfield disallowed goal

I'd love to hear the referee justification for this one.

A truly dreadful decision which thankfully didn't effect game.
Reminded me of the Scottish Cup final v the Tims when Miller scored for them, cross comes over and Bonner runs out and straight into Cooper and Butcher scores. The ref disallows the goal for a foul on Bonner when if anything he fouled Cooper

The Ref was 100% wrong. A goal.
If not a goal then a pen for foul on matondo.... 100% no one has contact with Gordon before or after he flaps at it.. And only then his own player barges into him causing him to flatten matondo, scandalous imo. But to be fair to the ref the red card was excellent as I didn't see the foot contact until 2nd replay and just looked like a barge. As others have posted he was very poor after that.

Another incident today as well where we start to break away after a foul on Sands and the ref pulls it back when advantage should have been played.

Seems to happen regularly with us hardly ever see it in other games.

kung fu panda made a khunt of it then went into rabbi

thats why he never shouted for the freekick

the one where we were fouled and advantage should have been played was shocking too

Today after a big win is the perfect opportunity to call out this crap we have to put up with on a near weekly basis it may not have affected today’s result but could be crucial to our goal difference come the end of the season

giphy.gif
Goal.

If that is a defender attempting to head that clear then colliding with an attacker, it's a goal every day of the week. In saying that, if it's a goalkeeper it's still a goal every day of the week! Awful decision, at the time I didn't have any concerns he was fouled as it was a blatant balls up by Gordon

Was an absolute cop out from the ref cos we were 2 up.
Shitebag.
I suspect it would have been the same result if the score was still goalless, but it’s another example of referees making a decision based more on a general feeling than an actual reading of what happened.

Had we gone in 3-0 up at the break it would have been game over so disallow the goal and at least ensure there’s a modicum of competition left in the second half.

Again it just highlights how utterly inept the SPFL are for failing to have VAR implemented for the start of the season.

Horrendous refereeing yet again, and again we miss the chance to make a fuss of it from a position of strength after a 4-0 win.

They've got VAR in Bosnia and Cyprus FFS.

our league is so fůcking tinpot it's scary.

Get VAR in. Now!

There is a pattern here first game of season against livi back 4 have been booked for first foul and it’s been happening every game since
100% every single game this season all of em I’ve seen we have 2 bookings for our first 5 fouls , the opponents get to make 10 per yellow. There is a clear agenda against the club that comes from the spfl.

He was actively giving everything against us after Devlin's red card.
It’s those bizarre things that referee’s have in their unofficial rule book.

• If a team fiercely contest a corner decision they always give a free kick to the defending team as soon as the cross comes in.
  • Play a lower league team in the cup and they get away with countless heavy challenges as the ref thinks it is his job to balance effort v skill
  • Injury time, they just make it up depending on how the game is going.
  • Certain players are immune to bookings for dissent - Scott Brown used to get away with it constantly

when we were on the break and the hearts lad caught Sands late up by the corner flag and he pulls it back to give us the free kick I was like what are you doing
He certainly knew what he was doing. How these tits aren't scrutinised snd performance graded beggars belief

A push on Gordon by Matondo who was facing the other way and Gordon jumped into him.

There is games where a ref makes a few bad decisions or they seem biased but he just seemed utterly incompetent on Saturday. It's one of those rare games where both sets of fans would be in agreement that he was just absolutely awful. Getting himself caught in the way of the ball not once but twice as well just shouldn't happen.

Sky said during HT analysis that officials had confirmed that a foul was given for a push on Gordon. One of many decisions the ref got totally wrong, the red card was about the only right call he made all day
Which official confirmed it?
Why were they talking to Sky at half time?

I thought refs weren't allowed to speak about their decisions with the media.

I can't get my head around this one.

For me it's no foul as Gordon jumps in to Matondo. Even if you take Matondo out of the picture, the likelihood of Gordon recovering to make a save is pretty much zero.

If it's been given due to a push on Gordon (assume linesman spoke to ref via mic) then it's a shocker as no Rangers player near him until he jumps in to Matondo so linesman either didn't see it and guessed, or lied.

What is Matondo meant to be went a 6ft plus keeper is steaming his way towards him. It wasn't Matondo challenging the keeper it was the keeper coming for a ball he was never getting. Awful decision.

Back