Arfield - get his contract extension sorted

He’s the only squad player we’ve had the last 3 seasons who consistently offers something others in the team don’t and can break into the team.

Consistent and will get you goals and assists over a full season, few can say that.

great player for us,gives us so much more than most of or midfielders with ability to get forward
to many others go back or sidewards,to often

He’s the only squad player we’ve had the last 3 seasons who consistently offers something others in the team don’t and can break into the team.

Consistent and will get you goals and assists over a full season, few can say that.
His ability to get into the box and take a chance are probably only matched by Hagi.

He also tends to show up in the big games and when it matters, a la tonight.

His ability to get into the box and take a chance are probably only matched by Hagi.

He also tends to show up in the big games and when it matters, a la tonight.

You can trust Arfield in difficult away games much more than you can Hagi at this stage.

He can do the dirty work as well as contributing to the attacking output.

A truly intelligent & streetwise footballer. Very underrated.

I love Scotty but I think he needs to stay fit and play consistently before we can go offering new deals, I really hope he can though.
Great goal tonight.

Always been a big fan of his

We missed him just as much if not more than we missed Aribo against Aberdeen

I can't actually think of a game where he's ever let us down!
I've mentioned in other threads that I was surprised that he didn't start tonight but thank goodness Gio knew that he was exactly the type of player to produce the goods when we needed it.
Get him signed, I'm quite sure he won't be too difficult to agree terms with!

Apparently we don't negotiate with older players until late in the season. In Scotty's case we should do it early. I'm very happy he looks like he'll be available for the mentally challengeds game this time round. He has a tendency to come up big in those fixtures.

McGregor, Goldson, Helander, Aribo, Kent, and Morelos also need contacts sorted soon. Can you imagine we lose all of them this summer?

Arfield can frustrate at times, but he is in a great run of form when playing at the moment and gives a bit of dig and link up play that no one else can in the forward role. Must start against Celtic.

Last edited:
You can trust Arfield in difficult away games much more than you can Hagi at this stage.

He can do the dirty work as well as contributing to the attacking output.

A truly intelligent & streetwise footballer. Very underrated.
So true mate. If his fitness was better he would be a guaranteed starter every week.

A must start v the bheasts.

Not from anyone who's got even the slightest idea about football and what he can contribute to a midfield.

Commitment, inspiration, aggression, vision, athleticism, game intelligence and scorer of key goals.

Scotty has got the lot.
His fitness is the only missing element. When he is fit, as you say, he has all of the above in spades. Wrap him in cotton wool, to make sure he is ready for the bheasts.

I’d go as far as saying he’s got the best footballing brain in our squad. What he lacks in pace he more than makes up for up top with some quick thinking - his goal being proof of that.

Sign him up for another year and please try and sign a younger version of him while you’re at it Rangers

For me he is Streetwise.
He is not immune for a dig at a liberty taker.
Always buzzing around the edge of the box then makes his move id say its called experience.
Good solid player and someone id say to the club why let him go he surely cant be demanding a contract to the extreme?
A player id keep no problem.

I think it will be a formality. He seems settled and he's still playing at a high level. I don't think he's in any hurry to go down south etc again as I'm sure he wanted up the road to be near his family again and nobody else in Scotland can pay him what he's worth.

I thought it was a fluke last night one that he didn’t mean, sort of flicking it on into the back post and it drops in but seeing the replays he 100% means that and it’s one of the best finishes you’ll see at Ibrox in a long time.

Sorry scotty sign an extension as a way of accepting my apology :)

Back