Arfield - Loves a 1,2 and a pass and move

Orange Bear

Taught from a young age to pass and move and Arfield does it better than anyone I can really remember in a Rangers Jersey.
Pass and move, so simple but he does it better than all.
Just they wee things that you sometimes see but he’s been amazing.
On yourself brother

Maxi 4

In the 2009 cup final against us playing for Falkirk he was outstanding thought we might have signed him then

carlosapicella

Taught from a young age to pass and move and Arfield does it better than anyone I can really remember in a Rangers Jersey.
My mate les macdowell we've argued and argued, about football for years but one simple thing we always agreed on pass and move simple!

cadge_1959

Can see why he was one the first players Gerrard brought in, there’s so much more to him than just “that guy that played for Falkirk” that I thought we were signing.

I was told of a supposed conversation between SG and Arfield when he called him to tell him he wanted to sign him, it was something like:

SG - "I want to build the midfield around you..."

I can know believe that conversation did take place.

Gazza 8

I love him.

A top player who runs himself into the ground every week.

His performances against them since signing have been excellent.

Cooperfan

The manager has basically admitted that Arfield not traveling to Canada has did us a big favour.

He's right!

Paperskin

He's been brilliant this season and long may it continue

Hawftimepie

Arfield does a similar thing to Alfie, but from midfield. The thankless task of secretly dragging them out of place and warping their shape. Essential, but unappreciated work. What a shift today. And what a player.

watty200

Thought he was brilliant in the second half. Was always pass and move like the OP says. Thought he was quite quiet in first 45 but he fair made up for it in the 2nd.

ClubFootZzZ

Regardless of how the next couple years play out, Arfield has been an amazing signing on a free. Someone who has set standards since he came in, and possesses great quality while giving 100% each match.

Scotitch

With a proper break and no long haul international flights you can see he is bursting with energy and is able to give us consistently the performances we know he is capable of.

KGR98

It's clear the traveling to Canada for games understandably took it out of him if he focuses on us and gives us the international games he's a big player for us either starting or a seasoned pro to bring off the bench

steve1873

His wider game awareness is top class, and the 3rd man runs creating space for others are very impressive. Hard job for someone to depose him from the starting eleven.

He is an expert at the 3rd man run. Genuinely as good as anyone, at any level, anywhere in the world at that skill.

jigster

Official Ticketer
he is possibly the " box to box " midfielder that assists with goals that a lot of fans were shouting about signing in the summer

change consent