Arfield starting tonight

He clearly didn’t want Aribo in midfield after some mistakes recently but didn’t want to drop him. Arfield definitely not brilliant tonight, but with no Jack he was the obvious choice.

To all the naysayers, yes it is, it made it much harder work than it had to be - outwith CHBeaton.

And I am enjoying my night. :p

A win and reduced to clear Lagunitas. Good times, 4pts to go!

Arfield who has had a decent injury lay-off. Heaven forbid we give him a starting spot to earn his fitness back. And shocking that he has been asked to step up to the plate with Jack and Roofe injured. What is Gerrard thinking ay OP?

Eyes on the bigger picture including europe. He needs minutes under his belt as he could be vital if we go deep in Europa.

Fucksake , there's always one. We are a ball hair away from what we all want and there's this, enjoy it ffs

Sorry OP but that type of thinking after such a vital win really is mental thinking.

Are you ever happy?

We win and lose as a team. Arfield has had more good games than bad for us and remember the pitch and type of game is not conducive to smooth passing game. Arfield was playing in defensive area near Patterson who he does not have same level of understanding as he would Tav. Hagi may be fresher for next game now though.

Not my first thought after a game like that.

Not his best night but a lot weren't at their best. 3 points all that matters.

Experienced pro, playing in front of young Patterson. Its not always about going forward. Gaffer knew he would be a target so picked a 'team'. Tough on Hagi, been a fan boy from the start, but you pick 11 players to win a game. He came off a little later than I thought he would tbh, but by then we had reduced them to punt after punt right up the middle.

Sorry OP but that type of thinking after such a vital win really is mental thinking.

Are you ever happy?
Who said I'm not happy? happy with the win doesn't stop constructive criticism. Anyone with eyes could see that Arfield was miles off it it tonight, and I love Scotty.

I just wish SG would not mess with the squad as much sometimes. Easy for me to say from behind a screen I know.

Arfield doesn't do much in these type of games.

He's perfect for OF games, European games, seeing out games ect but not trying to break down a packed defence.

Still getting up to speed after being out injured but I was all for him starting tonight

He needs minutes to get back up to full fitness. It’s livi not Liverpool

It was perfectly logical to start him
I disagree, until we have the league 100% won and in the bag, we play our very strongest team every time.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯​

Trust in the Manager. It was the right decision in a couple of ways. Strenghten the midfield and protect he young lad at full back. Good decision.

A team selection mistake imo, looked at least a yard off it.

Hagi should have been on from the start with a look to introducing Arfield for Hagi at 65-75mins.

Arfield played right midfield tonight.
Hagi plays further forward.

Scotty needs minutes in his legs, after being out for a long spell injured.
He'll benefit from tonight's game and will be far fitter and sharper for it.

Agreed. He was well off the pace and I’d have had Wright on at 50/55 mins for him. In the end It didn’t cost us So it’s all good.

Who said I'm not happy? happy with the win doesn't stop constructive criticism. Anyone with eyes could see that Arfield was miles off it it tonight, and I love Scotty.

I just wish SG would not mess with the squad as much sometimes. Easy for me to say from behind a screen I know.
Fair enough OP. We are all different, but I guess after a hard fought win at a time like this, starting a negative thread straight after the game just wouldn’t enter my mind!

Fair enough OP. We are all different, but I guess after a hard fought win at a time like this, starting a negative thread straight after the game just wouldn’t enter my mind!
Just be thankful I never called him Airfield :)) (There aren't enough beers in the world for me to make that mistake)

I'm not totally negative but we did make it far harder than it had to be tonight, onwards and upwards! 4pts to go!

During the game missus had to tell me I was 'upsetting the dogs' and could I tone it down a notch :D:shh::D - right up until the goal obv :))

He wasnt great but at least he's got some game time and will sharpen him up for Slavia games.

Im giving the wee man a pass, he deserves an off night and has played a huge part in getting us to where we are today. Remember that drop ball with Lego muncher!

A team selection mistake imo, looked at least a yard off it.

Hagi should have been on from the start with a look to introducing Arfield for Hagi at 65-75mins.

It's weird people think we shouldn't discuss team selection after we go from playing great attacking football against Antwerp and Dundee Utd to not having a shot on target until around the 58th minute against Livingston. Even though we won we didn't play great so we should still be able to have a constructive discussion about it.

Tonight kind of reminded me of the scrappy 1-0 win against Hibs on the 27th of January when we played Kent-Morelos-Aribo, we looked a bit disjointed on the attack in that game too.

From an attacking perspective we just seem to play so much more coherently when it is Kent-Morelos-Hagi, perhaps he was fatigued tonight which is why he didn't play and he was being rested.

Back