Arfield

Great numbers and playing brilliantly but he would have to go some to take POTY away from Tav or Goldson right now.

Had him as our man of the match last night until Roofe scored a went for him instead, but only just. He's in great form at the moment and long may it continue

Great numbers and playing brilliantly but he would have to go some to take POTY away from Tav or Goldson right now.
Fair one, but we are 1/3 into the season and if he was to end up with 15 goals and. 10 assists then he would be in with a shout. He has every chance if he keeps this up. He never had a preseason last year and I think the extended break has helped him no end.

Arfield in the past has been great then he's dipped and been pretty ineffective. I think we need to carefully manage him to keep him in form. To do so i would rest him on Sunday

Arfield in the past has been great then he's dipped and been pretty ineffective. I think we need to carefully manage him to keep him in form. To do so i would rest him on Sunday
Agree , along with Davis who has played a lot of football in recent weeks.

I absolutely love him. Can tell he loves us as well. He appears to have a more determined look about him this year, but I might just be looking into it too much.

We are struggling for midfielders at the moment so think they might both have to play. In an ideal world we would rest Kamara, Arfield and Davis after that shift t last night.

We are struggling for midfielders at the moment so think they might both have to play. In an ideal world we would rest Kamara, Arfield and Davis after that shift t last night.
I'd honestly give Barjonas a shot in one of the midfield 3 spots. I could see us only playing 2 mids and a cam, possibly Hagi.

I'd honestly give Barjonas a shot in one of the midfield 3 spots. I could see us only playing 2 mids and a cam, possibly Hagi.

I agree @supersonic.

We've played 4-2-3-1 in quite a few games this season, particularly when teams have defended deep against us.

Sunday could be another.

Barjonas and Hagi would fit into that formation no problem.

In excellent form for us again. 3 seasons in a row now we have played our best stuff when he has been in good form. If he keeps this up he will be a genuine POTY contender.

6 goals and 5 assists in November for a number 8 is fantastic.

He’s been fantastic. I can’t remember a time when we had such strength that you know performances wont dip when some key players are missing. There’s at least 19-20 players that the manager can trust and who are making a meaningful contribution when called upon.

I love Arfield. A good players who works really hard and is also a decent person who acts like a Ranger on and off the park.

I think his form dips when he's guaranteed a game like everyone else in the squad. If he doesn't produce the goods, Jack, Davis, Kamara, Aribo, Zungu, Roofe take his jersey and long may it continue. He has an advantage that he can make a difference in a number of positions and is having a great season.

Hes excellent. Goals, work rate, assists, movement. Class.

I expect thst crank of a poster to be on slating him in a minute.

Hes obsessed.

Last edited:
When he was playing for Canada and then for us every week it adversely affected his game.

He is far better when fresh. He is being used far more cleverly this year and it is really benefiting him and Rangers.

Out of our midfield options I always thought he was the one who would usually drop out in most games but he's making that impossible at the moment. His form this season has been fantastic.

I absolutely love him. Can tell he loves us as well. He appears to have a more determined look about him this year, but I might just be looking into it too much.
I think they all do

Events of how the league ended last year will have sting them

We are making it impossible for refs to influence games

While also focusing on the game win and move on to next game

I agree @supersonic.

We've played 4-2-3-1 in quite a few games this season, particularly when teams have defended deep against us.

Sunday could be another.

Barjonas and Hagi would fit into that formation no problem.

Reckon a 4-1-4-1 is all that's needed for teams defending deep. Jack if fit is all that's needed as the sitter. I thought we had loads of mids until last night when we asked a totally out on his feet Davis to do a full 90.

Reckon a 4-1-4-1 is all that's needed for teams defending deep. Jack if fit is all that's needed as the sitter. I thought we had loads of mids until last night when we asked a totally out on his feet Davis to do a full 90.

I think Gerrard and Beale like the 2 sitting mids, as it allows our full backs to get forward, without any chance of us getting caught on the counter.
With the amount of goals we're scoring and shut outs we've had, they seem to have the balance right.

When you lose 3 mids all for the same game, then virtually every team will struggle for options Woodrow.

We have 5 that are top drawer and hopefully Zungu proves to be the same.

There won't be many clubs in Britain, outside of the top few elite English teams, with as many good midfield options as us.

Back