Arfield

Arfield again showing good form but im weary about giving him a new contract and its not because of lack of ability but rather, as the case for every season he has been here, its his issues with injuries and being able to be consistently fit.

Compared to Kamara and Davis he has missed a lot of games because of this and I really hope he stays fit for the remainder of the season. A tough one to call for Gio and Wilson.

I thought he did exactly what he was in the team to do today and can't really ask much more than that tbh.

His link up play was good and he got on the end of a few things in the box, on another day he might have had a goal.

He's never really going to have a highlight reel type of game and he's unlikely to contribute every week but there's definitely a place for him in the squad

He's been a stand out the last few games and brings something a bit different to the midfield.

I would expect a new deal for him to be delayed and not offered before the end of the year. He's essentially playing to win a new deal just now so we can use that to our advantage. He wants to prove that he has something still to offer and we shouldn't rush into offering a new deal at the minute. Hopefully he can continue at the level he has been at recently as a hungry and motivated Scott Arfield could be great for us.

I'd expect him to sign an extension around about time of the January window closing.

My MOTM... was probably in the box more than Alfie... Linked play well... Especially the final third and defended all over the park..

Over the piece he's been a great signing for us & a fit and on form Arfield is a really good option to have in the squad.

I suspect the club will wait and see how things go, but I hope he gets another year with us.

Some clown on another thread he was to slow. I personally think he speeds up the game compared with quite a few of our players. Yes, it doesn’t always come off but he puts pressure on the opposing players

I may be wrong here.

Was Arfield not out of the team for a bit last season?

He came on against Dundee Utd in a 4-0 win at home around November, scored and kicked on from there?

Could we be seeing similar again.

Would've been some goal in the first half if he'd taken the shot rather than passing. Offers a threat that the other midfielders don't.

Has a lot more to offer than I’ve gave him credit for. His attitude is absolutely fantastic.

I suspect a lot of our players will rediscover their ability under the new stewardship.
I agree and there’s definitely evidence of it already.

No idea how we went from relentless to looking so disjointed but it looks like self belief is coming back to the team.

Another couple of convincing performances and we’ll be flying again.

I may be wrong here.

Was Arfield not out of the team for a bit last season?

He came on against Dundee Utd in a 4-0 win at home around November, scored and kicked on from there?

Could we be seeing similar again.
He was. Injured himself in a tackle early in the year and was out for a while.

About time he got a decent run. He's always been the guy that doesn't hide away and goes looking for the ball. It's what we need more off.

put a shift in today and we look better when he’s playing because he links the midfield up with the attack

Morelos is better with SA in the side. Some of the one touch stuff when Scott got up alongside him was really good

While he’s playing well keep him in the side

When the previous manager got Alfie to drop deep, he forgot to add a player that would go ahead of him, Arfield is that player in our squad.

Back