Argentine Superliga

Boca fans celebrating winning the title:

DvcE4c1W0AAFnol.jpg:large

The Scottish looks are fading a bit through the generations.

Cmacallister.jpg

I've said before (probably on this thread) that I can picture him driving a taxi and telling me about the time he played for Boca Juniors.

He is the Minister of Sport although he is probably starring as a baddie in the next Bond movie.

Franco Soldano, of Union, looks set to be heading to Olympiacos for $1.3m (only 6 months left on his contract). A good player who has had a disappointing season, so far, but could it could be a good deal for the Greeks.

Good news, although she will never be jailed due to parliamentary immunity even if/when found guilty.

Stole from those she purported to represent. But at least she put football on the tv for everyone...

Does immunity count for ex-Presidents in Argentina? Reason I ask, is that I thought(?) Presidential privilege only counted during term-time (as in the likes of Italy and the USA).

Independiente make an offer for Gremio's Walter Kannemann. They still need to sign striker.

GBS to be the new manager of LA Galaxy.

Boca's Lisandro Magallan moves to Ajax for $9m. Can't believe they paid this much for him.

Does immunity count for ex-Presidents in Argentina? Reason I ask, is that I thought(?) Presidential privilege only counted during term-time (as in the likes of Italy and the USA).

She's currently a senator so has congressional immunity. This was partially lifted to allow the raid on her home and the removal of $4m worth of art (the court has now seized $38m in assets).

I'm not certain whether this continues for a lifetime, although the likelihood is she would remain in politics thereby retaining her immunity. I guess the courts could rule against her.

Also talk that she'll go up against Macri in the elections later this year. I would never rule her out. She plays a cute game:

33wusf5.jpg

Her tweet accompanying the above image:

“This cover is a work of art. Today, December 28, the Day of the Innocents, Clarin puts on top the increased taxes on everything, alongside a picture of ’33 of Cristina’s works of art’ so that you will focus your anger on the so-called ‘museum’ in my house as opposed to the tax hikes on light, gas, and transportation.”

Wont be a well known name to many, but the transfer of Pulga Rodriguez to Colon is a shock. Tucuman legend who played a big part in the team's recent success.

Wont be a well known name to many, but the transfer of Pulga Rodriguez to Colon is a shock. Tucuman legend who played a big part in the team's recent success.

A lovely finisher.

I see the outstanding Primera fixtures have been re-scheduled. An opportunity for River to get back into the mix before all teams return, albeit they start against Defensa (the makings of a draw).

We're heading for a cracking 2nd half to the season. Do you think Racing have what it takes to hang in there?

A lovely finisher.

I see the outstanding Primera fixtures have been re-scheduled. An opportunity for River to get back into the mix before all teams return, albeit they start against Defensa (the makings of a draw).

We're heading for a cracking 2nd half to the season. Do you think Racing have what it takes to hang in there?

Will be a tough game against Defensa.

Favourites but you never know with Racing. Not sure what games Racing are still to play (with only playing each team once) as this may have an impact.

As you say, it should be an excellent second half to the season especially with the top 4 currently reading: Racing, Defensa, Atletico Tucuman and Huracan.

Suggestions that Sampaoli (now at Santos) will come in for Pablo Perez. Apparently $1.5m to Boca will be enough to secure the signature.

Last edited:
Reports in Colombia stating that Luis Diaz (Atletico Junior forward) will be signing for River. They've supposedly paid $5m for 75% of his contract. Bargain, if true.

These Football Times:

To kick-start a brand new series of magazines, where every few issues we’ll feature a single club, Boca Juniors take the spotlight. In our boldest, most comprehensive work yet, stories on Riquelme, Maradona, Tevez, Palermo, the Superclásico and many more take centre stage as we write, draw and photograph our way through the world of Argentina’s biggest club.

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2019/01/08/boca-juniors-magazine/

An illustrated passage through Boca’s eight greatest kits

The friends that founded a superpower

An insight into Boca’s untamed ultras

A history of La Bombonera – the chocolate box

Martín Palermo: the greatest goalscorer in Boca history

The three spells of Carlos Tevez

The origins and the fever of the Superclásico

The pause of Juan Román Riquelme

Mauricio Macri: the president who became president

Diego Maradona: the Boca diaries

2000: when Boca ruled the world

Guillermo y Gustavo: Boca’s Barros Schelotto twins

… and so much more.

Boca apparently signing Nacional's Jorman Campuzano for $4m. Probably be a replacement for Barrios who is reportedly a target for Everton.

Junior reject River's bid for Luis Diaz but are open to an increased offer.

River sign Al Ahly's Chilean defender Paulo Diaz on an 18 month loan.

Racing sign Santiago Garcia. Really good signing as they push for the title.

Edit: Apparently, this move is off.

Last edited:
Boca reportedly close to signing Ivan Marcone from Cruz Azzul for $8.5m. Lot of money, Azul have made a really good profit on him, but he is an excellent player.

Boca try to sign the boy from Fife, Alexis MacAllister, but Argentinos Juniors wont rduce their asking price, $10m.

DvbQYcsX0AAtw5e.jpg

According to TyC MacAllister could be heading to Brighton. Would be a great move for the boy from Fife.

Boca have rejected a $15m bid from Lille for Wilmar Barrios (release clause is $30m).

River Plate have banned 284 members of Los Borrachos del Tablon (River barra brava), including their boss Héctor Caverna Godoy, for an indefinite period over the resale of Libertadores final tickets.

Rosario sign Duvan Vergara from Envigado (Colombia). Interesting signing as he is a pacy and direct forward who can at times be infuriating. Being 22, if he improves physically and tactically then he could make Rosario a decent amount.

Rodolfo D'Onofrio confirming he wants a new stadium for River, either renovating current Monumental or - his preference - building from scratch on land nearby.

The cost of the latter is estimated by River at around $330 million in comparison to $150 million for the remodeling. However, the concern would be the current stadium would require additional upgrades, thus the preference to start anew.

The new stadium will have an 80k capacity and have all of the requirements to host a World Cup Final.

It will require land purchase from the city and the state. D'Onofrio has already met with Macri twice to discuss the project. Yesterday make a little aside about hoping the President isn't wearing a Boca jacket...

Rodolfo D'Onofrio confirming he wants a new stadium for River, either renovating current Monumental or - his preference - building from scratch on land nearby.

The cost of the latter is estimated by River at around $330 million in comparison to $150 million for the remodeling. However, the concern would be the current stadium would require additional upgrades, thus the preference to start anew.

The new stadium will have an 80k capacity and have all of the requirements to host a World Cup Final.

It will require land purchase from the city and the state. D'Onofrio has already met with Macri twice to discuss the project. Yesterday make a little aside about hoping the President isn't wearing a Boca jacket...

From what I've read I don't think the fans are happy about this.

Did you get the Boca These Football Times magazine? If so was it any good?

From what I've read I don't think the fans are happy about this.

Did you get the Boca These Football Times magazine? If so was it any good?

I ordered the magazine but it's not due for release until February 5th.

Understandable that fans aren't happy but the stadium hasn't been touched since preparation for '78 - and the new one is only going a few hundred yards. Easy to say, though, when there's no emotional attachment.

We'll be in BA for February. I really should get to Monumental.

Back