Argentine Superliga

What’s the gen on this boy, why is he making the move here, have Dundee Hibs pulled a masterstroke?

I'm assuming he's moving here for the money - remember there is 50% inflation in Argentina.

Good luck to him (not Utd) but I don't remember him looking particularly good. He's big for an Argie, but not nothing special technically.

Only video I could find:

Not content with signing Renzo Saravia, Porto are said to be going back to Racing Club for Matías Zaracho. The midfielder would have been at the Copa América were it not for injury

Argentina v Uruguay (1935)

D9CzwKkWsAAlh-Y.jpg:large

Jan Hurtado becomes the 1000th player that Boca are linked with in this window - Gimnasia already reportedly turned down a $5.6M offer from Sampdoria so the Venezuelan won't come cheap

According to TyCSports Inter Miami have agreed a $6M deal with Banfield for striker Julián Carranza (with a 10% sell-on clause). The 19-year-old will remain with El Taladro until the end of the year.

What a fantastic photo.

I've probably asked before, but I'll ask again, what is the divide in Avellaneda? It's obviously there and as we all know on this thread extremely bitter, but what's the beef, is it really just about the football?

The "Derby del Peh" in Dundee (a cliched comparison I admit due to the similar proximity of the respective stadiums) can, to some extent, be considered the legacy of the divide created by the establishment of Dundee Hibs, later to change the appendage to "United" (they were blocked from using City after Dundee complained). So there is an historic legacy in the history of both clubs, not just related to football alone.

Is it literally just down to birth and family that dictates allegiances between Racing and Independiente, with no social quirks that influences attendance at either club? If its nothing other than natural rivalry, then all I can say is "wow", what would it be like if there was an underlying reason for it.

What a fantastic photo.

I've probably asked before, but I'll ask again, what is the divide in Avellaneda? It's obviously there and as we all know on this thread extremely bitter, but what's the beef, is it really just about the football?

The "Derby del Peh" in Dundee (a cliched comparison I admit due to the similar proximity of the respective stadiums) can, to some extent, be considered the legacy of the divide created by the establishment of Dundee Hibs, later to change the appendage to "United" (they were blocked from using City after Dundee complained). So there is an historic legacy in the history of both clubs, not just related to football alone.

Is it literally just down to birth and family that dictates allegiances between Racing and Independiente, with no social quirks that influences attendance at either club? If its nothing other than natural rivalry, then all I can say is "wow", what would it be like if there was an underlying reason for it.

Not aware of any social reason for the rivalry. Independiente were initially based in Buenos Aires before moving to Avellaneda where Racing were already situated.

It appears to be just a sporting rivalry. Racing, though, were the team of Perón and the club benefited from his and his administration's patronage during the 50s including money for their stadium.

As an aside, Independiente's away top features the St Andrews Cross. Upon formation they used the shirts of St Andrews FC and while they changed to red, they kept the cross on their away jerseys.

Tonight River will open up the Monumental to the homeless of BA as a shelter ahead of what is supposed to be the coldest night of the year.

Back