Argentine Superliga

Alan Díaz: He's 21, doesn't have a professional contract, hasn't debuted with River's reserves, and will start the Superclásico in goal today.

E1g4VCFXMAEgXrW

Boca v River has been not bad, considering River are missing half a team. Boca went 1-0 up from Tevez (scored from a cross, helped that he pushed the defender our the way before the cross came in), Boca should have had it tied up, missed good chances, but now River have equalized and look most likely to score the winner.

15 minutes to go.

River Plate had no goalie because all of them have COVID, they didn't get approval to sign an emergency one and had like 10 first squad members and an injured midfielder in goal, no subs.

They're currently 2-0 up B-) B-) B-) B-) B-)

Last edited:
Tomorrow is the final of the Copa de Superliga between Colon and Racing. Colon are going for their first ever title then the following happens (which sums up Argieball perfectly):

Act 1: Colón's Facundo Farias tests positive for Covid.
Act 2: The lab says his second test was negative, Farias goes off to train.
Act 3: The lab says they confused his second test with a different Farias and that he is positive. After he trained with the whole Colón team.

Tevez to leave Boca. Although his contract runs through to December, he'll activate a clause to depart now.

A painful way to end with the missed penalty vs. Racing. A hero to the support - could he be thinking of an election run in 2023?

Tevez to leave Boca. Although his contract runs through to December, he'll activate a clause to depart now.

A painful way to end with the missed penalty vs. Racing. A hero to the support - could he be thinking of an election run in 2023?

Talk of maybe a move to Corinthians or the MLS but I'd be amazed of anyone signs him after the China debacle.

He'd definitely get the backing of a lot of people but you would know far better than me if he has the credentials (apart from what he did as a player) to do the job?

Talk of maybe a move to Corinthians or the MLS but I'd be amazed of anyone signs him after the China debacle.

He'd definitely get the backing of a lot of people but you would know far better than me if he has the credentials (apart from what he did as a player) to do the job?

He's friends with Macri and Angelici so will be an important ally for anyone thinking of running against the Riquelme faction. The friendship with the former President, though, has caused a few ripples in the past (see Maradona).

Boca statutes apparently say that you cannot run for election if you have been an employee in the 12 months prior. That's started a bit of gossip on the timing of the decision and speculation on a return to macrismo.

Tevez is due to hold a press conference later today.

He's friends with Macri and Angelici so will be an important ally for anyone thinking of running against the Riquelme faction. The friendship with the former President, though, has caused a few ripples in the past (see Maradona).

Boca statutes apparently say that you cannot run for election if you have been an employee in the 12 months prior. That's started a bit of gossip on the timing of the decision and speculation on a return to macrismo.

Tevez is due to hold a press conference later today.

Cheers, mate.

Whatever he says we're guaranteed plenty of rumours in the months ahead. :D

Gallardo really has been a brilliant manager for River. one of the best off the cuff decisions I ever made was to go toin Madrid in 2018 for the 2nd Leg of the Libertadores.

Gallardo really has been a brilliant manager for River. one of the best off the cuff decisions I ever made was to go toin Madrid in 2018 for the 2nd Leg of the Libertadores.

Madrid was a brilliant experience.

Roma and Lyon have been told by Gallardo that he will be leaving at the end of the year. Rumours that Barcelona are interested, as well.

I think he is one of the best coaches in the world. He's won playing ugly and beautifully whilst having to rebuild the team every year. He wont get the credit he deserves, though, until he does it in Europe.

Madrid was a brilliant experience.

Roma and Lyon have been told by Gallardo that he will be leaving at the end of the year. Rumours that Barcelona are interested, as well.

I think he is one of the best coaches in the world. He's won playing ugly and beautifully whilst having to rebuild the team every year. He wont get the credit he deserves, though, until he does it in Europe.
Totally agree about Madrid.

Sad to hear that this'll be his last season at River as I was hoping he'd be there for a long time yet. I suppose he'll be thinking about his financial security now though and he could command a big wage over in Europe that's for sure.

I think he'll have a statue when he leaves River!

No football just now so some stories from around Argentina including the always scary inflation rate:

Last month’s inflation was 3.3 percent, INDEC statistics bureau announced on Wednesday, down from April’s 4.1 percent and March’s 4.8 percent but heading close to an annual 50 percent instead of the 2021 budget forecast of 29 percent. Meanwhile Energy Secretary Darío Martínez sought to calm down expectations by confirming that there will be no further increases for electricity, gas or fuels (a sector which rose 3.5 percent last month) for the rest of this year.

Next Tuesday the draw is expected for the fixture list.

New season will start on July 16th and is set to end on Dec 12th.

26 teams and every team will play each other once in a league format.

And VAR arrives to Argentina.

Back