Argentine Superliga

Had great time, I love Buneos Aires.

To be honest, I wanted to start my Argentinian collection with the easy ones to find (all but Club Atlético Independiente) and didn't really find good quality shirts in my size.

On the last day did find a shop with tons of retro shirts and worn shirts from the lesser known teams but I didn't like the quality and the shop didn't accept cards for some reason so I couldn't get the retro ones for 15 quid.

Going back in December before we move to Europe and am going to try and get this one (among others)

Good luck with finding the Newell's top.

Must admit, I do prefer the retro strips, usually down to the material they are made from.

I think you are based in Chile (apologies, if wrong). Do you have many strips from there?

Recently saw a picture of Pellegrini from his time at Universidad. Really liked that strip:

Dz7memmWkAAvGRG.jpg

Good luck with finding the Newell's top.

Must admit, I do prefer the retro strips, usually down to the material they are made from.

I think you are based in Chile (apologies, if wrong). Do you have many strips from there?

Recently saw a picture of Pellegrini from his time at Universidad. Really liked that strip:

Dz7memmWkAAvGRG.jpg

They had the Newells Retro, but I couldn't buy it due to the card issues.

And yeah, I'm in Chile and they have a similar style retro for sale here, not in cotton though, although I did see it once.

These along with the Chile 70s shirt are widely for sale.

Camiseta-Retro-Universidad-de-Chile-1-758x397.jpg

Defensa 2-1 Banfield at half-time, although the visitors have arguably been the better side.

A win for Defensa will bring them to within one point of leaders Racing.

Disappointing result for Defensa, probably depriving us of a final day showdown. Racing, though, have to go to Tigre next week - maybe a draw..?

Corner of Aristóbulo del Valle and Del Crucero (1930). In the backround you can see the old Main Stand of Boca's ground (Brandsen and Del Valle):

D01v6zrXcAAlPIq.jpg

Corner of Aristóbulo del Valle and Del Valle Iberlucea (2015). Now you can see the main stand of Boca's ground (La Bombonera).

D01wh0uXcAAfX8y.jpg

San Lorenzo have been given a 6 point penalty and a transfer ban for irregularities in their tax statements. They are appealing.

If nothing else, this thread is educational in the historic and contemporary importance of the beautiful game in Argentina. It's a country that is almost defined by its relationship with fútbol, I love it (Falklands excepted of course).

Back