Argentine Superliga

On the 24th March 1976 the Argentinain Military overthrew the Government of Isabel Peron. Today Argentina remembers those who were murdered and those who were disappeared.

D2cRHp3X4AEfeRU.jpg:large

Last edited:
Fascinating, disturbing and revealing insights posted regards the military uprising. As usual thanks for posting Dr G and for opening eyes to the atrocities. Been reading about the Chilean military coup a couple of years earlier and will definitely be looking into the Argentinian one. At least the U.K. didn’t take sides on this one sadly not to be said regards Pinochet.

Argentina team to face Morocco tomorrow:

Andrada; Montiel, Pezzella, Kannemann, Acuña; Pereyra, Paredes, Guido Rodríguez, De Paul: Dybala, Lautaro Martínez

Newell's fans take exception to losing to thrid division Villa Mitre by throwing toilets onto the pitch:

How bad is this result in the general scheme of things? Villa Mitre are Fourth Division equivalent (so Wikipedia tells me!), so from this part of the world, it looks like a major embarrassment, as the reaction of the Newell's fans would seem to indicate.

I presume Central fans are indulging in expected joyous GIRUY behaviour?

Fascinating, disturbing and revealing insights posted regards the military uprising. As usual thanks for posting Dr G and for opening eyes to the atrocities. Been reading about the Chilean military coup a couple of years earlier and will definitely be looking into the Argentinian one. At least the U.K. didn’t take sides on this one sadly not to be said regards Pinochet.
When Chile played at the National Stadium (?) in Santiago a couple of years ago there was a special section fenced off directly behind the goal, which represented the amount of people who had been disappeared by Pinochet's coup and who would have filled that part of the terracing. It was a particularly inspired tribute to the victims and in entirely in context with the setting.

How bad is this result in the general scheme of things? Villa Mitre are Fourth Division equivalent (so Wikipedia tells me!), so from this part of the world, it looks like a major embarrassment, as the reaction of the Newell's fans would seem to indicate.

I presume Central fans are indulging in expected joyous GIRUY behaviour?

Bad!

Manager has resigned.

Fans are also unhappy with the Board. Martinez, a young defender (21), has just made his debut for Argentina after having an excellent season for Defensa (tactical analysis of him on the previous page). Newell's sold him for 650K.

Video of the 'fans' at the end:

https://en.as.com/en/2019/03/25/football/1553504006_189727.html

The win confirmed Boca's qualification for La Copa 2020 group stages and gives Alfaro 30pts out of 39.

The above highlights, though, don't show a Banfield penalty claim at 0-0 - it looked a clear barge and should have been given.

According to Clarin fan ID is coming to Argentine football, at least in BA and the province. They're hoping to have it implemented by the end of the year.

I'm unclear how it will work. When they talked of allowing away fans to return, they said everyone should register centrally and the League would sell tickets direct to the away support.

According to Clarin fan ID is coming to Argentine football, at least in BA and the province. They're hoping to have it implemented by the end of the year.

I'm unclear how it will work. When they talked of allowing away fans to return, they said everyone should register centrally and the League would sell tickets direct to the away support.

Boca's first goal also looked offside - linesman was miles behind play.

ID is all well and good but does it really solve the barra brava problem? For me, they are just tinkering around the edges. Until they solve the main issues, bb, corruption, wages they play the police etc.......then there are always going to be issues.

I genuinely hope this helps, but it will probably impact the 'real' fans more than solve the endemic issues around the game.

Back