Argentine Superliga

Managed it this time ;)
Like the story about how Boca Juniors got their club colours.
The founders couldn't agree on a choice so decided to take the colours of the flag on the next ship to enter port. As it was a Swedish registered vessel, then yellow and blue it is.

Managed it this time ;)
The founders couldn't agree on a choice so decided to take the colours of the flag on the next ship to enter port. As it was a Swedish registered vessel, then yellow and blue it is.

Thanks for posting - great to see them.

Do like the Labruna special edition strip in the bottom picture.

I read that Boca and River claim they're both followed by more than 50% of Argentinians. If that's true, how the hell are all those tens of thousands supporting all the other clubs?

I read that Boca and River claim they're both followed by more than 50% of Argentinians. If that's true, how the hell are all those tens of thousands supporting all the other clubs?

Boca are the bigger of the two clubs so their fans say they have 50% + 1 of the Nation's fans.

Managed it this time ;)

Great pics, Minkia.

I'll be in BA in February and have ensured the timing will coincide with a couple of games. The wife & her family are all Boca so it's La Bombonera only.

Cheers, MB. My first visit to BA and I loved every minute of it. A great, football mad, city.

Argentina 0-0 Peru at half-time.

Struggling to break down the Peruvians and as results stand, Argentina drop to 6th and out of the World Cup with one game remaining.

16 goals in 16 games proving their downfall.

Argentina just need a win in their last game and they qualify. Away at Ecuador wont be easy but doable for sure but they looked very poor there.

Victory in Ecuador and they're through, though winning in Quito is always tricky.

Argentina had a number of chances tonight. Players suffocated with pressure and expectation.

Watching Patronato v Boca. Big crowd. Ticker tape in the pitch is not a good companion to the HD picture for some reason.
Patronato are very direct, Boca looking to play through them.
Lots of players "who know how to protect themselves"

What kind of reception would a British football fan get visiting Argentinian football stadiums?

Looks a cracking atmosphere at most of the games.

What kind of reception would a British football fan get visiting Argentinian football stadiums?

Looks a cracking atmosphere at most of the games.

With a bit of common sense it wouldn't be a problem.

The biggest problem is getting tickets (if you want to go to bigger games) and going to certain stadiums - San Lorenzo's stadium is on the edge of a slum and can be a bit dodgy (even for locals).

With a bit of common sense it wouldn't be a problem.

The biggest problem is getting tickets (if you want to go to bigger games) and going to certain stadiums - San Lorenzo's stadium is on the edge of a slum and can be a bit dodgy (even for locals).

My mate said his brother went to a San Lorenzo game with his girlfriend when travelling South America and they were welcomed with open arms . He was being bought beers from them.

He has a history of being a bullshitter and likes San Lorenzo fans from seeing videos on YouTube.

Would love to take in a big game in Argentina, could spend hours watching YouTube clips of the fans, especially San Lorenzo.
quite often Boca v River is shown live on YouTube, hopefully the case next week.

My mate said his brother went to a San Lorenzo game with his girlfriend when travelling South America and they were welcomed with open arms . He was being bought beers from them.

He has a history of being a bullshitter and likes San Lorenzo fans from seeing videos on YouTube.

I have no doubt he was treated brilliantly in and outside the ground.

As i said, you just need to be a bit streetwise. Due to their locations, in or next to areas of terrible poverty there is a lot of crime (usually involving guns), so you would just have to be a bit careful - same goes for the locals. The players at a SL home game have even been robbed.

Don't let this put you off. The same can be said when you go anywhere new.

Would love to take in a big game in Argentina, could spend hours watching YouTube clips of the fans, especially San Lorenzo.
quite often Boca v River is shown live on YouTube, hopefully the case next week.

Games are no longer live on Youtube.

Back