Argentine Superliga

EBmNVRUXsAAi6dp.jpg:large

The primary elections in Argentina were held on Sunday - and Macri was resoundingly beaten. The actual presidential election takes place in October but signs are not good that the deficit can be recovered.

Alberto Fernández - basically a front for Kirchner - is leading. Argentine currency and markets crashed in response. Fears that the country may return to the corruption and unsustainable policies of Kirchnerism.

The primary elections in Argentina were held on Sunday - and Macri was resoundingly beaten. The actual presidential election takes place in October but signs are not good that the deficit can be recovered.

Alberto Fernández - basically a front for Kirchner - is leading. Argentine currency and markets crashed in response. Fears that the country may return to the corruption and unsustainable policies of Kirchnerism.

Brooklyn will be able to provide greater detail but the reason for no football this weekend was due to the election. One of the quirky rules in Argentina.

Not good for the economy. Peso dropped 15% against the $ (in a day) and inflation is currently at 55%. Tough times ahead.

Racing with the best defensive record last season shattered by River. That's some result.

Another great win for Arsenal. A little pressure now on Boca especially after the midweek embarrassment.

Glad he made it out alive. :D

I've seen some of his friends!

A good lad. I play football with him here. Hates Boca/River, AFA and Messi but follows Argentina to each World Cup.

A little different to many of the Argentines I know/met given his background and especially where he grew up. He provides an insight I don't often hear, for example politics. His daughter's name is Eva so you can guess where he's coming from.

I've seen some of his friends!

A good lad. I play football with him here. Hates Boca/River, AFA and Messi but follows Argentina to each World Cup.

A little different to many of the Argentines I know/met given his background and especially where he grew up. He provides an insight I don't often hear, for example politics. His daughter's name is Eva so you can guess where he's coming from.

What's the reason for his dislike of Messi?

What's the reason for his dislike of Messi?

The failure to recreate club success for the national team - and that's because he doesn't care enough and is an outsider (not "Argentine enough" as he left so young and hasn't played domestic club football).

And he's not Maradona.

The failure to recreate club success for the national team - and that's because he doesn't care enough and is an outsider (not "Argentine enough" as he left so young and hasn't played domestic club football).

And he's not Maradona.

Thanks.

For those not aware this was a big reason why Tevez was liked more than Messi.

Back