Argentine Superliga

Albeit the Boca finish comes from a goalkeeping error, it was lovely passing play leading up to it beginning with Andrada. And yet another clean sheet!

EE23czIXUAIWOpN.jpg:large

Are you watching Racing v Arsenal, doc?

That was a cracker of a headbutt. The guy did well to get up from it

Not watched any Argieball today - footie fatigue. Will check it out on the highlights.

I haven’t seen as much Argieball as I’d have liked recently but I’ve taken full advantage of having the house to myself tonight.

Re’ the headbutt I thought in real time that the guy dived, but when you see it in slow mo it was a belter and pretty sneaky. The ref did well to spot it.

I also just re-subscribed to Fanatiz after getting a 3 months at $4.99 offer so been making the most of that. I couldn’t justify it before as I wasn’t able to watch as much as I wanted to.

Last edited:
Going to Buenos Aires (Palermo) in November for 2 weeks. I want to go see the mighty Racing but have noticed Velez, River and Boca are at home when i'm there.

Been a while since I was in BA so I'm envious. Have a great time.

Some interesting fixtures:

Currently reading “Angels With Dirty Faces” . For lovers of football (with a crazy South America i.e. Argentinian view) its the best £2 you could spend (current price on apple). Great read and fully confirming my Bucket List trip to Buenos Aires will be achieved :)) :))
Forza Racing but with a new found admiration for Velez and then there’s Quilmes after the documentary posted on here. Thinking this BA trip may last a while :)):))

There have been rumours this week linking Zlatan with a move to Boca. Already rubbished by his agent but I could definitely see a club of such stature appealing to him. Of course, he turns thirty-eight next week and Tevez is about thirty-five already...

Rumours linking Gallardo with Barcelona dismissed on Fox Sports ARG. I think it would be a great move for both.

Been really surprise at the lack of interest in Gallardo. Apart from Lyon I don't know of any other 'big(ish)' clubs who have looked at him.

I appreciate his personal life may be more important but if he wants to improve as a manger then he should leave River after the Libertadores.

Been really surprise at the lack of interest in Gallardo. Apart from Lyon I don't know of any other 'big(ish)' clubs who have looked at him.

I appreciate his personal life may be more important but if he wants to improve as a manger then he should leave River after the Libertadores.

Agree. It's a bit of an odd one. I can't imagine the lack of a League title would count against him given the international success and the hold over Boca.

Where does he go with River after going through at La Bombonera in a couple of weeks...?

Agree. It's a bit of an odd one. I can't imagine the lack of a League title would count against him given the international success and the hold over Boca.

Where does he go with River after going through at La Bombonera in a couple of weeks...?

The same questions were being asked at the end of last year. He has a young family so maybe he is happy in Argentina or maybe he is waiting for the likes of Barcelona to approach him. Who knows?

Ultimately, though, if he does want to fulfill his potential and be seen as one of the great managers then he is going to have to move to Europe in the near future.

Back