Argentine Superliga

Estadio Libertadores de America:

ELMVCtyXkAIStIV.jpg

ELMVCtyXkAEY5oI.jpg

ELMVCt5WsAImSqF.jpg

San Lorenzo reject a $10m bid from Club Brugge for Adolfo Gaich.

Looks like Sebastian Beccacece will be named Racing manager. Interesting move as he started the season as Independiente manager.

Miguel Ángel Russo to be named the new Boca manager.

Bolgna sign Nico Dominguez for €9.5m (which includes add ons) plus 25% of resale.

De Rossi retires having left Boca, according to reports in Italy. His one-year contract in BA was cut short.

A big change at Boca following the elections in early December. Jorge Amor Ameal takes over, helped by the appearance and support of Riquelme.

A lot of mixed opinion on the return of Ameal (he was President 2007-2011). We'll see.

A great 2nd half of the season coming up. The top ten separated by 5pts.

I finally get round to starting an Argentinian Football thread and the forum closes. Typical

I first watched the Argentine league as far back as Oct 1989, as a teen. The family had just got Sky (£5 a month lol), and one of the six channels was Screensport, which showed both live Spanish and Argentinian games. Back in the late 80s, to be able to watch Real vs Barca or Boca vs River Plate was mindblowing. To watch players like Koeman, M Laudrup, Hugo Sanchez, Butragueno live was a joy.

Last edited:
Fantastic pics in this thread, you'd be excused for thinking that Argentinians are as fanatical about fitba as we are.
:)

I've recently been to Argentina and Buenos Aires was amazing. I went and saw River, Boca, Racing, Independiente, Ferro, Velez, Huracan and San Lorenzo stadiums. I also went to see Independiente vs Banfield, even though I'm Racing and bought a shit load of Racing merchandise. :D

The BIG question that needs to be asked: did you walk from The Libertadores to El Cilindro?

Dr Griffen.Racing fans are just radio rental Brilliant to watch..don't know translation..P.s.Where do you dig out out photos and clips .how do you see the remaining fixtures turn out.Whose in the driving seat.As a knowledgeable person.Who do you think is it a surprise this time.

Dr Griffen.Racing fans are just radio rental Brilliant to watch..don't know translation..P.s.Where do you dig out out photos and clips .how do you see the remaining fixtures turn out.Whose in the driving seat.As a knowledgeable person.Who do you think is it a surprise this time.

I find the photos on twitter (usually) - nowhere specific, just clicking on links and seeing where they take me.

I've probably got more chance predicting tonight's lottery numbers than the winner of the Primera. There are 6 points separating the top 13 teams so it's a tough call. I'm tempted to say River as I think Gallardo may want to win the league - he hasn't won the league in Argentina. Argentinos Jrs are a good team, though, and have a good manager in Dabove so might be their year as the other (main) contenders will have Libertadores matches - teams usually prioritise this over the league.

Here's the table:

Thanks for quick reply.Always want Racing but would be happy with someone outside the Boca/River.I know several teams have won Primera but have sneaky feeling maybe Lanus or Argentina junior this year.

Back