Argentine Superliga

Never really watched domestic argentinian football. Will need to give it a go, what's the best channels for watching it

EQWUKg5XkAAI1DV

Never really watched domestic argentinian football. Will need to give it a go, what's the best channels for watching it

As far as I'm aware nobody in the UK shows live matches.

Whenever I watch games I have to find streams online.

that Racing game was chaos. Down to 9 men, including the keeper having been sent off, the replacement keeper Javier Garcia pulling photo saves all over the shop and then eventually grab the winner with 4 minutes to go.

Independiente went to shit right after getting two of their own sent off.

I enjoyed watching Gareca’s Velez team of 2009-12. Very successful period for them and they had some excellent players. JMM, Moralez, Alvarez, Silva, Papa etc.

I watched the Avellaneda derby live. Everything I love about Argieball. Absolute carnage. :))

Otamendi also played in that Velez team.

2009 was the infamous title race between Velez and Huracan with the final match between the two being a winner takes all. Match finished 0-0 and Velez were champions - Huracan had a goal disallowed. As much as I enjoyed that Velez team Capa's Huracan are still the best footballing team I've seen in domestic Argentinian football - I think I've mentioned this previously. :D

Gareca has had a good career. His teams can play pragmatically or with some style. That being the case I'm surprised none of the big SA teams or a lesser European one haven't take a chance.

Argieball at its finest. Independiente really are woeful at making the most of their good play. Was the same under Holan.

Yeah, you may have mentioned it, doc :))

That was a fantastic Huracan team. 11 years ago ffs o_O

I completely forgot that Otamendi was at Velez then.

Totally agree re Gareca. I’d imagine there’s been enquires as to his willingness to move to Europe but he wasn’t interested. I can’t believe no one has enquired?

Also agree regarding CAI, it’s hanging around them like a bad smell tbh. It’s been a long time since they won anything, domestically. A proud history, though, particularly in Continental competition.

Yeah, you may have mentioned it, doc :))

That was a fantastic Huracan team. 11 years ago ffs o_O

I completely forgot that Otamendi was at Velez then.

Totally agree re Gareca. I’d imagine there’s been enquires as to his willingness to move to Europe but he wasn’t interested. I can’t believe no one has enquired?

Also agree regarding CAI, it’s hanging around them like a bad smell tbh. It’s been a long time since they won anything, domestically. A proud history, though, particularly in Continental competition.

Scary that it is 11 years.

Made me think about Pastore. He was a dream in that Huracan side and whilst he has gone on to play for some big clubs, and no doubt made a fortune, he really hasn't done justice to that early promise. It's a real shame as he was a Prince of a footballer.

Tevez has missed his last 4 penalties - and 5 from 8!

A good win at a potentially tricky opponent in a great little stadium. Campuzano played well again.

For a bit of culture and history...

'Vientos de agua' is an Argentine-Spanish drama on Netflix (at least US version). It's the story of a Spaniard's emigration to Argentina in the 1930s and his son's return to Spain in the early 2000s.

I'm halfway through the series (13 episodes in total) and it's very enjoyable - and comes with the usual melodrama you'd expect from Latin America. It provides a backdrop to the immigrant experience, class struggle, Spanish Civil War, Peronism as well as touching on the financial crisis of 2001.

Football has appeared once thus far - the anarchists taking on Franco supporters in BA.

Back