Argentine Superliga

EXqkRJRXgAEy3SJ

Following on from the photo of El Monumental, here's Independiente's Estadio Libertadores de America, another atmospheric image.

Last edited:
Marcos Rojo on Fox Sports talking about a recent phone call from Riquelme, asking about the possibility of a move to Boca.

He said he couldn't given the reception at Estudiantes and his history with the club. His dad, though, is a big Boca fan and never say never...

Rosario Central, if I'm not mistaken?

Correct.

Huracan's stadium is beautiful. Old-school art deco style.

Remind me a bit of West Ham. They produce some brilliant footballing teams (Menotti's and Cappa's spring to mind) but have also spent lengthy periods in the B.

El Matador is often forgotten when discussing the greats, but he deserves to be considered one.

Fantastic player. In that group below the top three that includes Riquelme, Batistuta, Sivori, Moreno etc......

Last edited:
Born on this day: Rene Houseman.

"A life lived dangerously, always at full speed ahead. I have never hidden that I am a 'villero', I am always proud of my humble origins. I play for the friends of the barrio and for all the poor of Argentina, a 'villero' who at least redeems them on a green lawn with a ball at his feet. And after making them proud on the pitch I drink with them all I earn. What the %^*&! In the 'villa' I shared the hunger, never mind if I don’t share my pesos!"

EdR-yawXYAAxgFH

EdR-xoBXgAUVUin

Back