Argentine Superliga

Some non-football news.

Wild fires raging in Northern and Central Argentina:

EgVeWQ7X0AAcIXA

EgVeYadWsAEhBUH

Boca have currently got 14 players who have tested positive for Covid. Thier first match is on the 17th September in the Libertadores.

Looks like @BrooklynBlue has been out during the protests. :))

Mural in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.

:D

I know a couple of the lads from the Filial River Plate Brooklyn, they won't be happy - their home bar is based in Williamsburg.

Which RP player deserves the mural treatment?

These look terrific on the LES:

:D

I know a couple of the lads from the Filial River Plate Brooklyn, they won't be happy - their home bar is based in Williamsburg.

Which RP player deserves the mural treatment?

These look terrific on the LES:

As you say, those murals look really impressive.

From River I'd probably say Francescoli:

enzo_home_1587739001.jpg

After seemingly doing well at the initial outbreak, the country is having a hard time and it'll only worsen. BA residents have been under strict lockdown for over 5 months and it's a boiling point. As bad as the economy was before, it's now in freefall.

I haven't followed the situation that closely but I saw that things have been getting bad. As you say, the economy was a basket case before this so god knows what it will be like next year, let alone now. A lot of people are going to really struggle. Such a shame.

Heading off to China? There's a few South Americans over there now. Again, a shame with regards to football but the rewards must be too much to turn down.

Yes. Such a shame as he is a cracking player who should be playing with a good team in a decent league.

Got to be done though, I suppose. You'll know this but many don't appreciate the difference this can make to so many people. When Jackson Martinez moved to China he secured his extended family for generations and now he basically acts like the local council, providing many of the local services. Shouldn't come to this but this is real life so I will never castigate any South American footballer who moves to China or the Middle East.

Yes. Such a shame as he is a cracking player who should be playing with a good team in a decent league.

Got to be done though, I suppose. You'll know this but many don't appreciate the difference this can make to so many people. When Jackson Martinez moved to China he secured his extended family for generations and now he basically acts like the local council, providing many of the local services. Shouldn't come to this but this is real life so I will never castigate any South American footballer who moves to China or the Middle East.

I think that's something we perhaps don't fully appreciate - the level of poverty many of these players are coming from and the difference it will make to their extended family and even communities, as you highlight. It's admirable what these players do (just like our Alfie).

Did they confirm where they were planning to play?

If I remember correclty, they were talking about playing their league games at their training ground. I'm assuming there wont be fans at any games so they think this is the best time to get this work done.

As for the Libertadores there was talk of Velez's ground but I don't think it met the criteria required. Games will now be played at Independiente's ground.

Banfield confirm there was no fee in the transfer of James Rodriguez to Everton so they will receceive no payment as a previous club involved in his development.

EiIJl7RXgAganji

Viggo Mortensen: “Mi viejo me llevó al Monumental con cuatro años. Era un día soleado y pregunté si llovía. En realidad unos hinchas me estaban meando en la cabeza desde la tribuna…”

us-actor-viggo-mortensen-c-supporter-759x500.jpg

Viggo Mortensen: “Mi viejo me llevó al Monumental con cuatro años. Era un día soleado y pregunté si llovía. En realidad unos hinchas me estaban meando en la cabeza desde la tribuna…”

us-actor-viggo-mortensen-c-supporter-759x500.jpg

Do you think he’s on the level? Or is it akin to Morton fans saying we were throwing TVs at them in the Broomloan?

Does feel like the kind of thing that could happen back in the day I have to say

Do you think he’s on the level? Or is it akin to Morton fans saying we were throwing TVs at them in the Broomloan?

Does feel like the kind of thing that could happen back in the day I have to say

Whilst everyone can be prone to hyperbole it wouldn't surprise me. A lot worse has definitely happened - I've spoken to people who have had all sorts thrown at them (prior to the ban on away fans).

Whilst everyone can be prone to hyperbole it wouldn't surprise me. A lot worse has definitely happened - I've spoken to people who have had all sorts thrown at them (prior to the ban on away fans).
A lot worse? I dread to ask. I thought the phlegm-flecked pie that hit me on the shoulder at the pigpen was bad too.

Back