Argentinian Football

Estudiantes and Boca games on.

Swarms of mosquitos plaguing the country apparently, 47 dead this year already from them.

livescore is showing all the 'Cup' games as postponed. Boca are playing at Union Santa Fe in the League Cup.

What games?

I’ve got Union-Boca on now. And a game was played earlier today, Argentinos Juniors.
That was as limp a first half from Boca as it gets. Massive improvement required offensively in the second half.

As far as I can see league matches are being played.

Having a look at livescore it looks like cup matches were due to be played but are now postponed. Might have been moved so league games can be played.

Nothing is coming up in the newsfeeds for tyc or ole, that I can see, so I'm assuming it's just one of these things that happens in Argentina.

I've got tickets for River Plate v Gimnasia at El Monumental a week on Sunday.

Anybody see any problems with that one?

Direct from Club these mate or third party?
Via a guide who provides tickets transport and a beer & snack before the game.

I understand it's not a straightforward matter to gain access to a game in Buenos Aires so this seems the best bet.

Via a guide who provides tickets transport and a beer & snack before the game.

I understand it's not a straightforward matter to gain access to a game in Buenos Aires so this seems the best bet.

I did that for the Derby years ago at Boca. Have a good trip, best City in world for Football.

I did that for the Derby years ago at Boca. Have a good trip, best City in world for Football.
I'm taking the retro 80s Rangers top ( the red & white diagonal) to wear to the River Plate game as it's very similar to their strip.

Do you know ( or any FF's) if it's safe enough to wear a club's colours around town generally?

I'm taking the retro 80s Rangers top ( the red & white diagonal) to wear to the River Plate game as it's very similar to their strip.

Do you know ( or any FF's) if it's safe enough to wear a club's colours around town generally?

15 years since I was last there, they did say in guidebooks back then not to wear colours on match day of big matches but that’s standard really isn’t it. I wouldn’t say you’ll have any problems doing that really, unless you come across the wrong group by some poor misfortune. Plenty of people have been on this board more recently than me though who will know better.

Its safe, Youll have no bother wearing a Rangers top in BA.

Thanks all. We're flying out this Saturday. Any practical advice gratefully received.

Oh, I should ask, is there any sports bar who might show any Rangers game- i was wondering if maybe the Benfica 2nd leg might be a possibility?

Thanks all. We're flying out this Saturday. Any practical advice gratefully received.

Oh, I should ask, is there any sports bar who might show any Rangers game- i was wondering if maybe the Benfica 2nd leg might be a possibility?

Sure The Gibraltar Pub is still going in San Telmo, we watched a few matches there and people recently have mentioned it on here.

For transport use Uber and pay cash, it works out cheaper,

Wow, thanks for sharing. Strange to see a Stadium newly done up with a pure standing area - the one ground I really want to see a match at.
It’s a cracking stadium,
We had lunch in the stadium looking over the pitch,

I wouldn't imagine there would be an issue at the game, although just about everyone is wearing their home team colours.

Around town, you'll be fine, although I wouldn't wear your red & white in La Boca.

River Plate fella on Talksport then, saying they have 350k members - claimed that is most in the world.

Back