Argentinian strikers, past and present.

It’s mad that Cannigia was ever at Dundee, still blows my mind. He was brilliant though I loved him at us.

Argentina have been blessed with ridiculous talent over the years. I wouldn’t class Messi or Diego as strikers at all. Growing up it was worth tuning in to Channel 4 football Italia for Batistuta alone, he was absolutely dynamite.

Crespo, Batistuta and Aguero all amazing strikers. Aguero probably underrated by many , his goal tally is unreal. One of the best strikers in EPL history.

Gabriel Batistuta. One of my first favourite players outside of Rangers. Remember a mates older brother having a Roma top with Batistuta on the back and being extremely jealous. Also think he missed one of the penalties against England in 2002, which was very annoying at the time.

Finally caught up with the Maradona documentary last night. The best thing is the punishment he took on the pitch from others kicking him and hacking him down. Changed days.

Can't believe Abel Balbo hasn't really been mentioned, a wonderful striker in Serie A, and had a phenomenal record for an unfancied Udinese

Batistuta was a outstanding striker
Yeah, my favourite all-time foreign player outside of Rangers.

Left-foot, Right-foot, Head - Deadly with them all. Quick, physical when he needed to be, intelligent, great at making and finding space.

The complete forward imo. If Roy Race was Argentinian, he'd have been Gabriel Batistuta.

Does anyone remember the Batistuta rumours during the Advocatt years, I'm certain of it. Anyway, for us bears our greatest (and theres not been a bucketload tbh) was certainly Caniggia and Amato. I saw them both at home, but even at TV camera angle they were majestic. Didn't Claudio get called back up for the World Cup squad? Amato was a beautiful player who I wish Dick didn't underplay often. Who can forget that Celtic game and turn, same when we needed him to be sweeper on occasions in Europe. Extremely talented. WATP.

Claudio Lopez (Valencia) & Kily Gonzalez (Valencia) the winger, both great players

Kempes was some player had the pleasure of watching him in the flesh against us he was fantastic that night.

Back