Argyle House Lunch

EastBelfastBear1872

Has anyone done the Sunday lunch at Argyle House resteraunt? Just want to know what the setup is like and also is there ever any players or ex players about on non match days? Is it a good view of the pitch as well?

Has anyone done the Sunday lunch at Argyle House resteraunt? Just want to know what the setup is like and also is there ever any players or ex players about on non match days? Is it a good view of the pitch as well?

I got vouchers for Argyle House for my birthday. We are going this Sunday and will be requesting a pitch view as suggested above. I believe it’s a carvery on a Sunday.

The box tables only seat 4, so if there are more than that then you need to sit in the main part of the suite. I was there on Sunday and it was really busy, which was good to see.

You get a choice of plated starters,full carvery and a table full of sweets to chose from,good value.
Always request a pitchside table when booking.
It is very good,been many times.

I’m sure we have had six at a table in one of the boxes on more than one occasion..

Perhaps some of the boxes are a different size, but we asked for an extra place at one of the box tables and it was a bit of a tight squeeze with 5.

Do Rangers run this or is it Elior?either way as with anything at the club, they do close to zero to promote it to an outside audience. I never understand this.
Elior run it, they just rent the space from Rangers. Been recently on a Friday night and they served my friend a goodfellas stuffed crust pizza and claimed it was freshly made. That with soup was £20 odd(2 course). Wouldn't even give us a refund just offered a free carvery lol. Terrible service tbh was disgusted.

I always visit during the week for lunch if I'm free. 3 course comes in at something like £22. Good portions too.

I got vouchers for Argyle House for my birthday. We are going this Sunday and will be requesting a pitch view as suggested above. I believe it’s a carvery on a Sunday.

I'm afraid you'll have probably left it too late for a pitchside seat. We're going that day too, and they were all booked out a week or two ago when we booked the table.

Been to it many times, and as stated above, it is vastly under-used.
The fact so many people don't even know about it, staggers me.

We always really enjoy it, and I point out all the parts of the ground various things have happened etc, much to the annoyance/boredom of my wife!

A couple of years ago The Goalie was in, and was getting photos taken.
That wasn't part of the day, he just seemed to be around!

Very often on a Sunday for the Carvery, Broxi will be there to say hello to the wee Bears too.

Got another voucher for Christmas so will be returning soon.
on a side note, the staff have been there for years and are all brilliant.

Elior run it, they just rent the space from Rangers. Been recently on a Friday night and they served my friend a goodfellas stuffed crust pizza and claimed it was freshly made. That with soup was £20 odd(2 course). Wouldn't even give us a refund just offered a free carvery lol. Terrible service tbh was disgusted.

First complaint ive ever heard about the place.

I'd be willing to take the word of the place that it wasn't a goodfellas pizza to be fair.

Sample Sunday Carvery Menu..
Plated starters,choice of,
Soup of the Day

Fresh Seasonal Melon
With mixed fruits, berries & raspberry coulis

Potted Chicken Liver Parfait
With plum chutney, rocket and oatcakes

From the Carvery Buffet-
Selection of Roast Joints and Hot Dishes
Served fresh from the carvery example (roast beef, turkey, ham)
Hot Dishes
example
Steak Pie
Chicken Curry
Mac and Cheese
Roast Root Vegetables
Goose Fat Roasters
Boiled Potatoes
Cauliflower Cheese
Peas and Carrots

Selection of Desserts
A delicious selection of desserts from our dessert table..
Banoffee Pie
Lemon Torte
Strawberry Tarts
Salted Caramel Tart
Apple Crumble

[QUOTE
First complaint ive ever heard about the place.

I'd be willing to take the word of the place that it wasn't a goodfellas pizza to be fair.
The waitress said 'No its not because we sometimes can't even get them in'. Found that a bizarre thing to say basically admitting they do have them in sometimes just not this time. It was a Goodfellas pizza mate, I've ate them plenty enough.

Dont think ive ever seen pizza on the menu

I'm afraid you'll have probably left it too late for a pitchside seat. We're going that day too, and they were all booked out a week or two ago when we booked the table.

Ah, schoolboy error on my part. I just phoned to book and you are correct, I spoke to a lovely girl but she confirmed that all pitch view tables are booked. She said you are best to book about 4 weeks in advance to get one of these tables. Oh well, I suppose I will just have to go again.

Ah, schoolboy error on my part. I just phoned to book and you are correct, I spoke to a lovely girl but she confirmed that all pitch view tables are booked. She said you are best to book about 4 weeks in advance to get one of these tables. Oh well, I suppose I will just have to go again.

That's my way of looking at it as well, but I keep making the same mistake of booking too late. Still never had one. At least once a table, or booth clears then the kids* get a chance to get a good look at that point.

*and me

Been before and it's good value. I would however prefer if we take it in house. I feel we have more control then and hopefully make more money on it. I think the outsourcing is a SDM legacy.

Been before and it's good value. I would however prefer if we take it in house. I feel we have more control then and hopefully make more money on it. I think the outsourcing is a SDM legacy.

That’s just it mate. ‘Hopefully’ make more money. As it stands we are guaranteed money and I’m sure quite a few will tie it in with a stadium tour and (eventually) a visit to the Shop.

That’s just it mate. ‘Hopefully’ make more money. As it stands we are guaranteed money and I’m sure quite a few will tie it in with a stadium tour and (eventually) a visit to the Shop.
Appreciate what you are saying. I just feel in house we have a bit more control. I accept that either way could work for us .

Taking the Rangers element out of the equation, £22.95 for 2 courses isn't exactly cheap (2 of the 7 mains have supplements) and the menu isn't really that adventurous or varied in my opinion.

Booked a table for two on Sunday on the basis of this thread. Great location, great value.

I was going to treat you, shan't bother now

I can go to most City Centre restaurants and get a 2 course deal for less than 20 quid, or I can go to Ibrox and get a bowl of soup and a plate of fish and chips for £22.95. They're not going to attract many non-Rangers fans with that sort of food and pricing.

Last edited:
I can go to most City Centre restaurants and get 2 course deal for less than 20 quid, or I can go to Ibrox and get a bowl of soup and a plate of fish and chips for £22.95. They're not going to attract many non-Rangers fans with that sort of food and pricing.

I might be wrong, but from the link posted above it looks like £14.95 for soup and fish & chips. I don't think many non Rangers fans would go, even if it was a fiver.

Last edited:
I might be wrong, but from the link posted above it looks like £14.95 for soup and fish & chips. I don't think many non Rangers fans would go, even if it was a fiver.

Was talking about the dinner menu, which seems to be much the same as the lunch menu, but pricier. I've never read any complaints about it to be fair, so it must be fairly decent.

Last edited:
I’m looking to book a meal towards the end of March, does anyone know if they do a kids menu alongside the dinner menu?

And worth every single penny.

The best tasting carvery I`ve had. And I include some quality restaurants in that.. The food was cooked perfectly and the veg not mushy.
The sweet selection.......well you can pig out on that alone :)

I would agree with that.

The roasts and sweets are absolutely top drawer and for the greedy bast***s amongst us, you can go up and fill your plate as often as you wish.

Great value and great quality.

Back