Argyle house restaurant

M@x

I'm just back. We had a booth overlooking he pitch and the scran is first class. I had the black pudding starter then the burger. The burger was a proper thick juicy steak burger, proper tasty. The mrs had the soup then chicken balmoral. no complaints from her either.

We had 2 kids with us. So 2 x 2 coursers, 2 x kids 3 coursers, 5 x cans of juice, 1 coffee & 1 latte. Total was £65.40 but with the eat out to dine out + mygers discount we were £23.39. Some result!
What's on the kids menu mate?

Rule Britannia

Official Ticketer
What's on the kids menu mate?
Ours had a melon starter with strawberries and orange. They also had a tomato soup on there. Mains were chicken goujons & mac & cheese - which they had one of each. There was also a plain hamburger and another option but cany mind what it was. The dessert was ice cream.

M@x

Ours had a melon starter with strawberries and orange. They also had a tomato soup on there. Mains were chicken goujons & mac & cheese - which they had one of each. There was also a plain hamburger and another option but cany mind what it was. The dessert was ice cream.
Thanks mate.

Kris1872

Official Ticketer
I went on Saturday for lunch it was tremendous. Limited menu which is understandable but what I got was superb. The service was great and was looking right onto the pitch. Will be using here a lot more often.

Grsmith

We will be extending our opening hours throughout August!

Due to the Government Eat Out to Help Out Scheme, we are now going to be open for dinner between Monday - Wednesday throughout August

Our updated times are:

Monday: 12-7:30pm
Tuesday: 12-7:30pm
Wednesday: 12-7:30pm

**Please note on match days we only be open until 1:30pm**
Just booked a dinner, looking forward to it. Thanks for the heads up

Tpol_rfc

Official Ticketer
Surely not all booked put for dinners already? Tried to book in opentable but not having any luck for any night at all in August Mon-Wed

alex wright

Surely not all booked put for dinners already? Tried to book in opentable but not having any luck for any night at all in August Mon-Wed
I had trouble booking another restaurant for this Wednesday, thought they might have been fully booked but decided to give them a call anyway. They had plenty of slots available.

Tpol_rfc

Official Ticketer
I had trouble booking another restaurant for this Wednesday, thought they might have been fully booked but decided to give them a call anyway. They had plenty of slots available.
Aye it does say all online slots are fully booked will try calling in the morning.

The Railway Bear

Official Ticketer
What's the precautionary measures like? Will tables be thoroughly cleaned after each group? Still a bit wary stepping foot in a restaurant.
Friends got temperatures taken on arrival at ground floor reception, we didn’t. Signs telling you to wear a mask until you’ve checked in at restaurant, some did, some didn’t. One way on the stairs and floor marking at entrance. I was under impression only tables in boxes in use but that wasn’t the case, a few tables of 4 set up on the floor.

Staff wore masks, didn’t see any particular cleaning regime in between customers (wasn’t really looking), we had taken our own sanitiser but I’m sure there was some at the entrance. QR code on table to view menu on your phone.

On a separate note, no pints, only bottled beer, not sure if that was a one off yesterday.

We’ve only been to one other restaurant before yesterday, would say measures in place were pretty similar, if not a little inconsistent. It’s much down to how people comply also.

West Enclosure Bear

Love going to it. The food is average but the surroundings and Staff are brilliant
Have to disagree with this point mate, we've been going as a family for years and always find the food to be superb.
Booked in for next week and looking forward to it. (agree with the rest of your point though).

bar72bear

Official Ticketer
Have to disagree with this point mate, we've been going as a family for years and always find the food to be superb.
Booked in for next week and looking forward to it. (agree with the rest of your point though).
each to their own. As I said I go frequently and enjoy it but being in the trade I know it’s average quality stuff but it’s average prices so it isn’t an issue.

The Railway Bear

Official Ticketer
each to their own. As I said I go frequently and enjoy it but being in the trade I know it’s average quality stuff but it’s average prices so it isn’t an issue.
We found the food a bit bland tbh. I know that won’t be a popular opinion but as I said in a previous post it was just ok. That was lunch, any time I’ve been for dinner I would say it has been much better. The settings and service are the selling points for us.

hdsbob221

We found the food a bit bland tbh. I know that won’t be a popular opinion but as I said in a previous post it was just ok. That was lunch, any time I’ve been for dinner I would say it has been much better. The settings and service are the selling points for us.
We were there for lunch yesterday and the food was fairly generic, but what do you expect for £15.95 for a two course lunch? The food was perfectly decent for the money and not bland IMHO and certainly not bland at £15.95. To put in into perspective, the night before I went to Coast in Langbank with my wife and son and we had a two course meal which was almost identical. Seriously it's was genuinely almost identical. It was £26.50 each for just the food i.e. a direct comparison. And we didn't have the buzz of being at Ibrox either!! :). I can't see what there is to be negative about, although some of our fans seem programmed to be negative about everything when it comes to the Famous.

The Railway Bear

Official Ticketer
We were there for lunch yesterday and the food was fairly generic, but what do you expect for £15.95 for a two course lunch? The food was perfectly decent for the money and not bland IMHO and certainly not bland at £15.95. To put in into perspective, the night before I went to Coast in Langbank with my wife and son and we had a two course meal which was almost identical. Seriously it's was genuinely almost identical. It was £26.50 each for just the food i.e. a direct comparison. And we didn't have the buzz of being at Ibrox either!! :). I can't see what there is to be negative about, although some of our fans seem programmed to be negative about everything when it comes to the Famous.
Didn’t think I was overly negative, setting & service are terrific and as much a reason for going. The restricted menu didn’t help (circumstantial), but they need to get their FB page updated to reflect that.
We will be back I’m sure, I’ve found dinner to be much better in the past.

BrianLaudrupsCurtains

Official Ticketer
Noticed the restaurant has been busy lately, old man not up to making it for his birthday so had to cancel and box table overlooking pitch will now be unreserved if anyone wants. 2pm this Friday.

Hussar

I went on Sunday. I didn’t ask for a box but got box 16. It was superb. Even better with 15% mygers discount

bar72bear

Official Ticketer
You have nailed it though. The food is 'perfectly decent' but you wont come away thinking it was anything other than that. As i said before i go regularly but it isnt because the food is great. For £15.95 in town so you can get alot better quality lunch but they dont have the views

Went on Sunday, first visit and the food was fantastic. Didn't have a view of the pitch from the table but stood in the viewing area with my boy for ages. The wee man was devastated the players weren't coming out the tunnel. Will definitely be back.

change consent