Aribo out 4-6 weeks

Really bad news for us. To win the league this year we can’t afford to lose our best players for large parts of the season. Fingers crossed he is back soon

Big blow to be without Joe for however long it is. Hope he gets fit and comes back in the form he showed early season.

Some of the sh!te on this thread tho. :rolleyes:

Absolute joke

out with a niggle missed a couple of games

international break and a day before the game the club release he’s out for 4-6 weeks

why not just fvcking say he’s out for 2 months at the beginning instead of the bullshit.

Go through this every season
Because if they said it was 2 months and then he needed surgery the uproar on here would be worse than now

Gutted with the news. That's why we have a squad though. Means that someone has an opportunity, and hopefully whoever the gaffer picks, takes it. I would rather if a key player like aribo gets injured it is at the start of the season than the middle or end when it really is crunch time.

Massive blow given how he started the season.

We have to buy a midfielder, we needed to before this setback.
A loan deal at most hopefully to save a bit of cash, absolutely scunnered for big Joe a genuine joy to watch and an integral part of our 55 challenge.

Described it as a “high ankle sprain” which could mean high up as in the joint and probably poor blood supply to aid healing, need to ensure we bring him back properly!

For %^*& sake. Every fucking season a key player gets a knock and should be back for this game, then the next game, then the next game and ends up out for ages.

Get another midfielder in ASAP Rangers - needed more than ever now.
I do wonder if this happens so often at other clubs or we're just unlucky?

With a fairly congested fixture calendar this season, with Europe still to come, there's going to be quite a few injuries and we're going to need a much stronger squad. This is my main worry. For me, we do have squad depth issues - it's not just about filling the squad with numbers - they have to be of a sufficient quality. We don't have that IMO.

It's a big disappointment and we'll miss him in tight games.
Only upside seems to be it could easily have been much worse.
Let's hope he makes it back in 4 weeks.

We are going to have to going the market for two midfielders now instead of one imo
A top drawer starter is a must, someone that can drive froward from the midfield. We were really poor against Livingston and that kind of lack of creativity is a concern.

A top drawer starter is a must, someone that can drive froward from the midfield. We were really poor against Livingston and that kind of lack of creativity is a concern.
Looks like the lad Johnson could be one. Folk saying he’s similar in style to Aribo. I’d like to see a box to box midfielder in there as well. Being greedy I know but we need to up the quality in midfield to be genuine challengers consistently

Absolute joke

international break and a day before the game the club release he’s out for 4-6 weeks

why not just fvcking say he’s out for 2 months at the beginning instead of the bullshit.

Maybe we go through it every season, because that's the way it works. An initial timescale is given and after rest/further scans its changed if it's worse than expected. What is the problem with that? Supporters don't have a right to be kept constantly up to date with injuries and expected return dates. Honestly, some of our support act like they're on the management team and are being kept in the dark.

Dissapointed for Aribo.

He was excellent during pre season and looked like he was gonna be one of the main players for us this season. Hopefully he can recover quickly and get back to the level of performance he showed pre injury.

Maybe we go through it every season, because that's the way it works. An initial timescale is given and after rest/further scans its changed if it's worse than expected. What is the problem with that? Supporters don't have a right to be kept constantly up to date with injuries and expected return dates. Honestly, some of our support act like they're on the management team and are being kept in the dark.
Tell me one other club that works this way?

it’s not hard to tell the extent of an injury after a scan

Absolute joke

why? Other than your curiosity, who does it help? The club is under no obligation to tell anyone. I’m frustrated too as the boy is showing lots of promise, but ultimately injury details aren’t something that needs to be shared. It could actually help the team if in previous games the opposition were planning for Aribo.

Have we got the worst medical team on the planet. Our injuries always seem to get a set back and end up long term
Been like this for as long as I can remember. Kuznetsof, Rosenthal, Mols, etc. etc. Feels like every season there's a potentially key player out long term. Thankfully, as important as Aribo is, I reckon we should be able to cover for him. However, if Kent's injured we're struggling!

I think he will be missed in Europe and celtic games........

However I think we are quicker getting the ball forward in the league games when he’s out the team

I think he will be missed in Europe and celtic games........

However I think we are quicker getting the ball forward in the league games when he’s out the team
Don’t agree think Aribo is good at taking the ball and driving forward would maybe say hes our most forward thinking midfielder

Gerrard seemed confident it would be four weeks rather than six so I had a quick look at the matches we could be without him for.

In the next four weeks there are definitely four, and potentially six, matches to be played:

- Dundee United (H) 12/09
- Europa League Second Qualifying Round: Lincoln Red Imps (A) 17/09
- Hibernian (A) 20/09
- Europa League Third Qualifying Round: Progrès or Willem II (A) 24/09
- Motherwell (A) 27/09
- Europa League Playoff Round: TBC 01/10

We are scheduled to play Ross County (H) on 02/10 but that will have to be rescheduled to 04/10 if we play the Europa League Playoff Round. After that it's another International Break (sigh) and if he hasn't played by then his first match back will be Celtic (A) on 17/10. That's not ideal. Would really be hoping to ease him back into things with the Ross County home match.

The same old "just a precaution pish that as ever turns into weeks months out.
Has a Rangers players in the past few years ever came back from injury within the expected time frame ?

Back