Aribo - out of position?

Up until lastfew games was playing great bit quieter last couple but that’s normal with young players. Don’t think he’s out of position.

People criticising Aribo's recent performances performance watching the game and not the player.

His work rate is impressive. His positioning and instinctive running is fantastic and his balance is excellent.

His ability to trap a ball with his long legs - even studding it when necessary - is top notch. I think he gets criticised by those that are looking for sensational performances and inspiring tricks every game.

Football is much more than that.

Aribo, much like Arfield, Katic, Jack, Jones and Ojo, is a very gifted footballer. However, much like them too, consistency is key. If any of them played to their ability every week, they would be worth way beyond our limits.

The approach is therefore to have a larger squad and selective rotation in order to best compensate for dips in form.

I think that he is better at recieving the ball, facing the goal, when he receives it back to goal it limits him because a huge plus for him is the speed that he can run with the ball at his feet. I think that he is not used to the intensity and pressure at Rangers, could be a bit overwhelming, at 1st for him. He started with us really well but has dipped in form over the last few games, hopefully he can rediscover it quickly... Thursday night would be good

As opposed to the slow, patient, graceful style of League 1 and non-league football he played before signing for us?
More framtc up here. Clugers a plenty. I'm sure he will settle in quickly if the team can get into a rhythm.

Legia at home he was overly negative, everything went backwards and he was poor overall.

Celtic, he was lost. Partly the managers fault for putting him in an alien position.

Yesterday he i felt he was going through the motions.

For me he’s playing within himself and often taking easy passes and not driving the game forward in the same manner as he was early pre season and the early European games.

I agree with this. He seems to be trying to take players on less and less.

We need him committing players to make space for others.

I thought he had a stinker against the poets, but he was hardly an orphan there. I thought he was good Saturday. But he does get fouled a bit so if he was more advanced that would so playing him too deep is not the answer

Honestly think Joe Aribo is the most naturally talented player on our books.

One move in Denmark showed me that this lad just has it. His turn and move on the touchine had took two opponents out. It is was Mols-esque.

I am convinced we will be discussing a different player come the turn of the year.

Why? Well he has just got magic feet.

I think he’s looked a little lost in our last three games. Taking the safe option far too much and should drive forward more because he’s very dangerous in full flight.

I agree. On Saturday, too many of his passes are sideways or backwards. He has to be a lot more positive/aggressive in possession if he's going to succeed at Rangers - the badge demands it.

Don't talk pure pish, man. He's been largely excellent since arriving.

Even against Celtic he played well after being moved into his actual position.

23 year old lad, playing for a big club for the first time. To expect him to be playing 10/10 every week is ridiculous. The talent is clearly ripping out him.

Aribo and Ojo getting it tight, when Ojo especially has played 11 times for us and scored 4 with 4 assists.

Anyone who can't see how good a player Aribo is, is either a wrong'un or football ignorant.

Place is riddled.

Back