Aribo-Outstanding

Papa_bear

Was anybody else perplexed by Joe being taken off today ?

I thought he was immense best player on tje park by a mile. This kid has the lot and him and Lundstram didn’t deserve to be on the side who lost that late goal. Both exceptional.

The strikers need to start doing what they are highly paid for and scoring goals. Wright , Sakala Morelos and Roofe this season nowhere near the numbers we need at our club

I couldn’t believe he was taken off. Thought him and Hagi were linking up very well just before they both got hooked.

Seems to have been forgotten about given the sitter nearer the end but Aribo but one on a plate for Alfie not long before going off that he should have burst the net with.

We played very well in the first half. Just wish someone could finish and put these games to bed. The most obvious sub to make was Alfie. Defoe coming on for him could have made the difference (if he's still playing) and not retired)

I think his booking played a part in it, plus the type of player on the bench meant we were limited in who we could replace

I thought he was immense best player on tje park by a mile. This kid has the lot and him and Lundstram didn’t deserve to be on the side who lost that late goal. Both exceptional.

The strikers need to start doing what they are highly paid for and scoring goals. Wright , Sakala Morelos and Roofe this season nowhere near the numbers we need at our club
No wasn't surprised he was taken off he was on a booking and had played 2 games for Nigeria as well as the travel.

When he went into the middle of the park today we lost control of the game, should have kept him up top right where he was much more effective, in saying that, he gets into some fantastic positions and then always wants to cut back and play a ball into feet, only 1 assist in 9 games is poor. He has scored 2 goals which is ok I suppose but not great

Lundstam was by far the best player today

We can look for excuses but at end of day if Alfie takes his chances we win. Subs are debatable.. Aribo going off was a strange one for me, Davis coming on at that stage of the game was stranger.

I really don't agree; I thought Aribo, Hagi, and Morelos were poor overall. Aribo did a few nice things, overall he didn't play anywhere near what he is capable of to impose himself on the game.

I'm perplexed.

But Joe needs to bring more to his game from a goal scoring perspective. He has the talent, but he just needs to believe in his ability and expand it to goals.

I'm a fan!

You missed to two gilt edged chances Bacuna was the root of, then?

You'd either stopped watching or are simply seeing what you want to see and not what actually happened.

Nonsense.
Was at game, not TV watching,admittedly he had those good passes but showed nothing other than that--no positional sense,slow to tackle being two things I noticed, but if his all round play can equal his passing I think there is a decent player in him.
Davis was below his usual standard when he came on and Roofe was most potent of the subs,but all in all Gerard's use of subs baffled.

I know why Gerrard took him off, because of the yellow card. In hindsight, Aribo wouldn’t have done anything stupid to end up with a red card and because of that, it was absolutely criminal to take him off.

I have been thinking about it since getting on the bus back from the game and I’ve came to the conclusion it is one of gerrards most ridiculous decisions as Rangers manager.

I’m absolutely convinced if Aribo stays on Rangers win 2-0 and kill the game.

His general touch and control is sublime. But for me, I'd like a bit more from him middle to front. Sometimes feel the killer pass is missing from his locker.

Yes - played one of his best games for some time. Just wish he’d be more direct when it opens up for him and as someone else said, shoot from 20yds (and hit target) now and again!

As good as Aribo plays, he still takes too many touches. He could have put Kamara through on a counter and he took one too many touches and Kamara went offside. He would have been one on one against Gordon.

To me Wright being subbed was correct but the others left me baffled Bacuna/Davis contributed nothing.
Davis was to retain possession and keep things tidy, almost playing for the 1-0 at that point, we win Davis would be getting praised.

Agree with Bacuna, wasn't the right match for him. Think he needs to come on when we are comfortable in a match at least until he finds form. Flashes of a decent understanding with Roofe though.

Absolute joke of a booking too. Never touched the diving wee fanny
Aribo's booking was undoubtedly justified today - he lost control of the ball and lunged. It definitely left him on a tightrope going forward though

For me he was subbed due to being on a booking. Not long before the sub, a player went by him and he pulled out at the last second otherwise he’d have fouled him and possibly have got a second yellow for it as it would likely have been deemed cynical

Personally I felt the subs were garbage but I understood the worry that he was on a yellow and as the game stretched, more chance of a mistimed / cynical foul being required

I’m in.. last year my fav player. Edge of your seat stuff when he’s attacking..aribo can and has been last year out feqn standing.. this year brutal, & today not much better. slows all our play down & not half as effective as last year.

Back